This is climate change: When is Thailand going to do something about it?

webfact

It always fascinates me that people with no professional background in a subject, especially one as highly scientific as Climate change, use their own experiences, what seems right to them and personal opinion to claim the opposite of what 100% of acclaimed and leading scientists around the world have categorically stated (with the current information they have) is an undeniable fact. I say 100%, because deniers aren't accredited with any respected organisarion or taken seriously by their peers. This isn't a case of "it doesn't feel right / I don't want it to be right, therefore I will find statistics to prove my position". The position is Climate change is happening and it's our doing. All of the leading bodies have looked at everything anyone could think of. 

If "Thailand" is anything like my TG, then they won't do anything as they won't plan further than tomorrow.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

It always fascinates me that people with no professional background in a subject, especially one as highly scientific as Climate change, use their own experiences, what seems right to them and personal opinion to claim the opposite of what 100% of acclaimed and leading scientists around the world have categorically stated (with the current information they have) is an undeniable fact. I say 100%, because deniers aren't accredited with any respected organisarion or taken seriously by their peers. This isn't a case of "it doesn't feel right / I don't want it to be right, therefore I will find statistics to prove my position". The position is Climate change is happening and it's our doing. All of the leading bodies have looked at everything anyone could think of. 

If "Thailand" is anything like my TG, then they won't do anything as they won't plan further than tomorrow.

"The position is Climate change is happening and it's our doing..."   Bulls hit!

Edited by lvr181

19 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

There is nothing highly scientific about climate change. It was started by an entrepreneur

with friends in high places and he got the ear of a few UN delegates and they could see a quid in it.. 

Edited by lungnorm
spelling

8 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"The position is Climate change is happening and it's our doing..."   Bulls hit!

Your disbelief in a fact does not change it. Your opinion is not based on anything tangible. If 100% of doctors said you have cancer... then that's what you have.

3 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

There is nothing highly scientific about climate change. It was started by an <deleted> with friends in high places and he got the ear of a few UN delegates and they could see a quid in it.. 

Like I said. It's fascinating how people come up with nonsense like this. 

Just now, ncc1701d said:

Like I said. It's fascinating how people come up with nonsense like this. 

Its not nonsense it  is true. Just do some research or is it too difficult for someone of your low intellect?

2 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Its not nonsense it  is true. Just do some research or is it too difficult for someone of your low intellect?

Any "research" you claim you have done could never outweigh the findings of all major scientific bodies on this topic. My intellect is irrelevant. 

17 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Your disbelief in a fact does not change it. Your opinion is not based on anything tangible. If 100% of doctors said you have cancer... then that's what you have.

OMG. The Earth has always had climate change which includes warming! Where is your belief in facts? Sure we (people) are polluting with our waste but causing (contributing maybe) global warming? Plant life cannot live without carbon dioxide, so maybe global warming is great for them? I do not think there were many plants (as we know them today) were around during the last Ice Age. And do you not think that volcanic activity has some effect on global warming? Do you also exclude sunspot activity from having an effect on global warming? 

" If 100% of doctors said you have cancer... then that's what you have."  Nah, especially if they had doctorates in philosophy! :whistling: My flippant answer for your flippant comment.

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording

4 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

I apredicate you trying to grasp straws at finding someone or something to back up your position. But he is hardly qualified in any measure of being able to add anything worthwhile to the debate. And this is the problem you have - finding someone with any actual credibility that denies climate change.

4 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

OMG. The Earth has always had climate change which includes warming! Where is your belief in facts? Sure we (people) are polluting with our waste but causing global warming? Plant life cannot live without carbon dioxide, so maybe global warming is great for them? I do not think there were many plants (as we know them today) were around during the last Ice Age. And do you not think that volcanic activity has some effect on global warming? Do you also exclude sunspot activity from having an effect on global warming? 

" If 100% of doctors said you have cancer... then that's what you have."  Nah, especially if they had doctorates in philosophy! :whistling: My flippant answer for your flippant comment.

My apologies, you are correct. I should have said oncologist - not any old doctor will do. There's nothing  "flippant" about the comment. 

Edited by ncc1701d

3 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

I apredicate you trying to grasp straws at finding someone or something to back up your position. But he is hardly qualified in any measure of being able to add anything worthwhile to the debate. And this is the problem you have - finding someone with any actual credibility that denies climate change.

You sound like a proselytizing missionary!

20 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Any "research" you claim you have done could never outweigh the findings of all major scientific bodies on this topic. My intellect is irrelevant. 

"major scientific bodies" humm? who pays these people? what is their agenda and where are they all? we constantly read of scientists say this, that and whatever agenda the "writer" wants to push! I have been around a while, never met a scientist! more propaganda from the MSM?  :shock1:

Next they will be saying Trump didn't legitimately win the election! though they probably wouldn't be so stupid, unless a "scientist" backs it up :smile:

Edited by CGW

12 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

There are too many people in the world. Unfortunately, it really is just as simple as that.

properly managed  then probably not............unfortunately mis managed

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

You sound like a proselytizing missionary!

I was going to object to that, but you may be right. If I can persuade people to recognise the findings of people who study this for a living then I can live with that.

1 minute ago, ncc1701d said:

I was going to object to that, but you may be right. If I can persuade people to recognise the findings of people who study this for a living then I can live with that.

"And this is the problem you have - finding someone with any actual credibility that denies climate change."

If you were to read my posts, I am NOT denying climate change as you keep saying, but I am denying that humans are solely the cause of it! Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

"major scientific bodies" humm? who pays these people? what is their agenda and where are they all? we constantly read of scientists say this, that and whatever agenda the "writer" wants to push! I have been around a while, never met a scientist! more propaganda from the MSM?  :shock1:

Next they will be saying Trump didn't legitimately win the election! though they probably wouldn't be so stupid, unless a "scientist" backs it up :smile:

Funding for these scientific bodies is usually government. 

Their agenda is to report on what is happening and why and the effects on the future based on scientific research.

There is no "writer" pushing an agenda when it comes to science (Unless of course you get your "alternate facts" from the tabloids. To suggest scientists are all sitting around trying to influence results one way or another is insulting to their profession. They report the findings and form models for future predictions. All of them say one thing. And it's not or two groups, its hundreds of them and thousands of scientists. It's not hard to look this up.

'Never met a scientist" - lol. I don't know what that's supposed to mean. They don't exist? You don't get out much? 

Completely off topic about Trump, but your premise is being hashed out in the USA as we keyboard warrior away right now.

9 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"And this is the problem you have - finding someone with any actual credibility that denies climate change."

If you were to read my posts, I am NOT denying climate change as you keep saying, but I am denying that humans are solely the cause of it! Have a nice day.

And everyone who studies this for a living says you're wrong. I don't know what else to tell you. I don't mean to be antagonistic, but just one example can be seen here: https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/about-ams/ams-statements/statements-of-the-ams-in-force/climate-change/

I am angry and disgusted at the lack of care for the environment in Thailand.

A few weeks ago, someone set fire to this nice n thick grove of woods infront of my condo. Now the ground is bare and the trees remaining have fallen because the soil and vegetation was destroyed by the blaze. 

And now after days of raining and the whole place has turned into a mosquito infested swamp. 

I will post pictures later. 

Nice story, but have you not driven around most of the large cities in Thailand. They are built near rivers on large flat areas of land that is

hard to drain.  Bangkok is also subject to the ocean levels not to far from that city as well.  It is known to most that climate change is here

and will cause more massive storms, and higher water levels. Do  you have any practical methods to deal with this climate change or

are you like most scientists who can spout off about climate change while having not good solutions in dealing with it.

Geezer

Climate change

Well my brain is not full of answers on this subject so can I comment, I will anyhow

The Earth is round so they say, it spins so they say but not in perfect alinement's, a bit off here and a bit off there, so never spins the same way. Winds and weather would see a bit of change every time there is a slight change in the spin at 0 no change at 99.9 big change thinks I.

Do this over a long time and it would reverse, so in time this neck of the woods might get snow and Europe gets the heat.

just a thought but hope its not true as I do not want 40c all day and night.

But by then I will either be 20.000 years old or pushing up daises.

8 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

I am angry and disgusted at the lack of care for the environment in Thailand.

A few weeks ago, someone set fire to this nice n thick grove of woods infront of my condo. Now the ground is bare and the trees remaining have fallen because the soil and vegetation was destroyed by the blaze. 

And now after days of raining and the whole place has turned into a mosquito infested swamp. 

I will post pictures later. 

Chill my friend chill I am with you but keep gob shut or you will end up like me. say nothing, do nothing and smile if you want to stay or do as I did and leave. funny thing is life is much better where I am now no worries of idiots or Chinese subs knocking on my door tonight

have a good evening and remember to SMILE.

13 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

You are really being difficult. Just check this guy out he is the most qualified man in the world on climate change Lord Christopher Monckton, but I suppose you have never heard of him.