This is climate change: When is Thailand going to do something about it?

webfact

On 2017-5-30 at 11:31 AM, digger70 said:

Just Google,,,,  Ice age phenomenon,,,,, It happen every 100000 yearsThan every one can stop there bullshit talk.

I might listen if you made sense...

"Why don't you just Google this  - it happens every 100,000 years like the Ice Age - so everyone can just stop their bullsh*t talk !"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, halloween said:

Well why don't you rush out and buy an expensive battery that will last 2 years, and invest your money in loss making companies. Put your money where your mouth is and stop telling other people how the world should be.

When exactly should we humans begin to start worrying about our effect on the planet?

5935f17c0ac93_ScreenShot2017-06-06at7_03_28AM.png.baffdafce3b7d135f0297d83593e3fb3.png

1 minute ago, Smarter Than You said:

When exactly should we humans begin to start worrying about our effect on the planet?

5935f17c0ac93_ScreenShot2017-06-06at7_03_28AM.png.baffdafce3b7d135f0297d83593e3fb3.png

Don't just worry about it, do something. They say suicide is the sincerest form of self-criticism.

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

The question wasn't worthy of consideration. Why should I worry about something over which I have absolutely no control?

Avoided the question again.

Strike two.

Having no control seems to be a theme with you.

I think you must be quite a scared and timid little soul.

You fear of change, be it renewable energy or free elections in Thailand, is clearly traceable to a lack of belief in yourself.

You lack the confidence to thrive in a dynamic and progressive world so you want to keep things as they are, no matter what the cost.

It explains your support of both the Junta and Global Warning denial nonsense.

What a miserable and tiny existence it must be to be constantly fighting against facts and human progress with an irrational dogma based on outright lies.

The levels of self delusion that needs to be maintained must be off the charts.

Whatever brings you comfort I suppose.

How sad.

4 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

Avoided the question again.

Strike two.

Having no control seems to be a theme with you.

I think you must be quite a scared and timid little soul.

You fear of change, be it renewable energy or free elections in Thailand, is clearly traceable to a lack of belief in yourself.

You lack the confidence to thrive in a dynamic and progressive world so you want to keep things as they are, no matter what the cost.

It explains your support of both the Junta and Global Warning denial nonsense.

What a miserable and tiny existence it must be to be constantly fighting against facts and human progress with an irrational dogma based on outright lies.

The levels of self delusion that needs to be maintained must be off the charts.

Whatever brings you comfort I suppose.

How sad.

Wow, all that BS because somebody has a little more knowledge on a subject than you do. I actually acknowledge global warming, and recognise renewable energy as a useful contribution to energy supply, but I also recognise and understand the problems it causes. Will solar and wind energy production reduce CO2 emissions? Certainly, but not to the extent that it is claimed.

On any topic on global warming there will be some idiot spouting solar panels and batteries. When somebody else tries to add a little scientific depth to the discussion, pointing about their limitations, they are subject to personal attack. You personally put forward Tesla 10kWh batteries as a solution for mass energy storage when the product, nowhere near MASS energy storage, has been discontinued as a commercial failure.

15 minutes ago, halloween said:

Wow, all that BS because somebody has a little more knowledge on a subject than you do. I actually acknowledge global warming, and recognise renewable energy as a useful contribution to energy supply, but I also recognise and understand the problems it causes. Will solar and wind energy production reduce CO2 emissions? Certainly, but not to the extent that it is claimed.

On any topic on global warming there will be some idiot spouting solar panels and batteries. When somebody else tries to add a little scientific depth to the discussion, pointing about their limitations, they are subject to personal attack. You personally put forward Tesla 10kWh batteries as a solution for mass energy storage when the product, nowhere near MASS energy storage, has been discontinued as a commercial failure.

That'd be strike three.

You're out.

Off to the backwards looking cave of fear and swelf-loathing it is for you.

3 hours ago, halloween said:

As pointed out previously in this thread, 97% of scientists are on the opposite side of the argument to your "scientific depth"

Presumably, the other 3% are getting decent kickbacks for peddling crap - what's your excuse?

I personally put forward an image of Elon Musk, who just happened to be standing next to a 10kWh battery - the point of the image was Elon, not the battery.

Whilst on the topic of storing power, Mr Knowledgable, what makes you think energy has to be stored in MASS at its source?

The Tesla Wall works by storing energy at individual households - get it? Many, many smaller batteries, not one big one.

(kind of like storing petrol and diesel at thousands of service stations, not one MASS service station - :wacko:)

The fact that the 10kWh battery is unavailable at the moment is no great surprise.

The path to clean energy is going to be, like most things, a winding road.

There are always successes and failures, only over time with a degree of trial and error has mankind ever made any worthwhile advances.

The Wright brothers first flight lasted 59 seconds and travelled 852 feet - should mankind have given up on flying based on those results?

The fact that technological advances take time is all the more reason to be investing in the clean energy movement now, tomorrow may be too late.

Edited by Smarter Than You

they are.

last I read they are thinking about building an international airport, from scratch.....

..... in Lumphon.  

tourism and aviation are major ecomomic themes........

even though the heavily subsidized industry makes only $1 to $5 profit per passenger this past quarter.... globally....

yet........

is 10% of the Co2 emissions currently....

emits the Co2 direclty into the upper atmosphere shortening the 10 to 40 year lag between Co2 emission and it's climate effect....

is the fastest growing contributor to Co2 emissions...

was exempted from the Paris accord.... along with shipping.....

and is "solved" by converting land over to growing bioaviation fuel....

which hasn't even really begun....

but the whole ball of wax is one the most politically explosive things to even talk about... anything having to do with airplanes... even a fist fight on a plane or a tissy of some kind is instant world news.....

yeah, they are working on it.

Edited by maewang99

28 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

As pointed out previously in this thread, 97% of scientists are on the opposite side of the argument to your "scientific depth"

Presumably, the other 3% are getting decent kickbacks for peddling crap - what's your excuse?

I personally put forward an image of Elon Musk, who just happened to be standing next to a 10kWh battery - the point of the image was Elon, not the battery.

Whilst on the topic of storing power, Mr Knowledgable, what makes you think energy has to be stored in MASS at its source?

The Tesla Wall works by storing energy at individual households - get it? Many, many smaller batteries, not one big one.

(kind of like storing petrol and diesel at thousands of service stations, not one MASS service station - :wacko:)

The fact that the 10kWh battery is unavailable at the moment is no great surprise.

The path to clean energy is going to be, like most things, a winding road.

There are always successes and failures, only over time with a degree of trial and error has mankind ever made any worthwhile advances.

The Wright brothers first flight lasted 59 seconds and travelled 852 feet - should mankind have given up on flying based on those results?

The fact that technological advances take time is all the more reason to be investing in the clean energy movement now, tomorrow may be too late.

97% of scientists agree the planet is warming due to burning of fossil fuels, as do I. That is not the same as saying that all think all generation should be by renewables at their present level of technology.

Riiight. We were discussing batteries, but you put up a film clip featuring a battery, but not because of the battery. Uh-huh.

So lets say you had a million 10kWh batteries, that would give you 10GWh of dispersed storage. The 10kWh Tesla battery was heavily discounted at $3500 (B120,000) and WAS good for 500 cycles. If used in a home system at full cycle, it would save B40/night, or B20,000 over its life.  The question is, where do you find 999,999 morons stupid enough to buy one? Do you really think an industrial user would do so, or are you thinking that households will buy the batteries for industry to tap?

Did the Wright say we should execute all horses because we can fly?

Edited by halloween

5 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

Care to repost your graph alongside three others:

One showing the increase in food production through history.

One showing the centralization of population.

And one showing the ongoing fall in commodity prices.

48 minutes ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

Care to repost your graph alongside three others:

One showing the increase in food production through history.

One showing the centralization of population.

And one showing the ongoing fall in commodity prices.

You think the exponential growth in the human population is sustainable.

If there is to be a WW3 - it will most likely be over access to resources.

Look at what is going on in the South China Sea at the moment.

593646fd05e02_ScreenShot2017-06-06at1_08_33PM.png.bca5e11d3888c684008b84600fdd1d23.png

Note - not only is our population growth out of control, the organic carrying capacity began worsening after 1995

8 minutes ago, Smarter Than You said:

You think the exponential growth in the human population is sustainable.

If there is to be a WW3 - it will most likely be over access to resources.

Look at what is going on in the South China Sea at the moment.

593646fd05e02_ScreenShot2017-06-06at1_08_33PM.png.bca5e11d3888c684008b84600fdd1d23.png

Note - not only is our population growth out of control, the organic carrying capacity began worsening after 1995

Where in any of the graphs you have posted is there evidence of exponential growth.  The trend is a collapse in population growth.

2 hours ago, halloween said:

97% of scientists agree the planet is warming due to burning of fossil fuels, as do I. That is not the same as saying that all think all generation should be by renewables at their present level of technology.

Riiight. We were discussing batteries, but you put up a film clip featuring a battery, but not because of the battery. Uh-huh.

So lets say you had a million 10kWh batteries, that would give you 10GWh of dispersed storage. The 10kWh Tesla battery was heavily discounted at $3500 (B120,000) and WAS good for 500 cycles. If used in a home system at full cycle, it would save B40/night, or B20,000 over its life.  The question is, where do you find 999,999 morons stupid enough to buy one? Do you really think an industrial user would do so, or are you thinking that households will buy the batteries for industry to tap?

Did the Wright say we should execute all horses because we can fly?

I put an image of Elon Musk right under the words  

"Ever heard of this guy?

Probably a touch more knowledgable the you."

Now either you think I refer to batteries as "guy" and believe they are knowledgeable or you have failed to comprehend a handful of written words.

Where do you find morons stupid enough to buy one?

There is always innovators and early adopters of new technology.

You think internet usage went from zero in the 90's to the near universal presence it is now overnight?

Plenty of Australians are installing Tesla Walls in their houses.

59364dbf39c1b_ScreenShot2017-06-06at1_35_17PM.png.9c089bd982f098cfecd492eef2c7154e.png

As far as I'm aware, the Wright brothers did not call for the execution of all horses.

I can guarantee you there were horse owners who wanted to put a stop to the Wright brothers endeavours though.

Kind of funny how having vested interests affect people don't you think?

Edited by Smarter Than You

5 hours ago, Smarter Than You said:

I put an image of Elon Musk right under the words  

"Ever heard of this guy?

Probably a touch more knowledgable the you."

Now either you think I refer to batteries as "guy" and believe they are knowledgeable or you have failed to comprehend a handful of written words.

Where do you find morons stupid enough to buy one?

There is always innovators and early adopters of new technology.

You think internet usage went from zero in the 90's to the near universal presence it is now overnight?

Plenty of Australians are installing Tesla Walls in their houses.

59364dbf39c1b_ScreenShot2017-06-06at1_35_17PM.png.9c089bd982f098cfecd492eef2c7154e.png

As far as I'm aware, the Wright brothers did not call for the execution of all horses.

I can guarantee you there were horse owners who wanted to put a stop to the Wright brothers endeavours though.

Kind of funny how having vested interests affect people don't you think?

" Plenty of Australians are installing Tesla Walls in their houses. "

That may be difficult as the product has been scrapped because even in an expensive electricity market it was unviable. But you prove a point, the great uneducated believe the BS you and the slick salesmen are selling.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

" Plenty of Australians are installing Tesla Walls in their houses. "

That may be difficult as the product has been scrapped because even in an expensive electricity market it was unviable. But you prove a point, the great uneducated believe the BS you and the slick salesmen are selling.

Read it and weep.

The Tesla Powerwall 2: Batteries Can Finally Pay For Themselves

Ok, getting on to solar power. Commercially, there are already bids to provide energy at same cost as coal powered stations without subsidy. It has arrived. The only issue is the discontinuous production, which will be solved by storage - which is where the current research is concentrated; give it  10 years to be economic.

I use solar power in a small way. i charge my phone using battery stored solar power 90% of the time, and have emergency lighting for power cuts and using outside in the evening, all run from my little system. Cost - 1100 baht. Might not repay cost in electricity saved (but who knows? Might do), but sure is convenient for emergencies. We had a big storm a year ago when we lost all PEA power for 3 days. my Thai family smirked at system before the storm, never since .....

On 6/6/2017 at 3:50 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

I might listen if you made sense...

"Why don't you just Google this  - it happens every 100,000 years like the Ice Age - so everyone can just stop their bullsh*t talk !"

Look at this ,If you can Understand this it WILL make sense,If not there's no hope for you .  (: