Landlord wants to break my lease and KICK ME OUT

What’s the point to your rant? Do you just troll the forum to display your self-perceived intellect? My daddy never came to Thailand. You sound like the 'typical short man' with a chip on your shoulder.

I think you should take your own advice and just 'move on' to actually advising people here instead of just insulting them. People actually  DO come here for help.
THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!

Grow up.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. Three pages full of 'farangs' who are to scared to just comply with a contract.

Both parties have to comply! Most owners, like 99.99999% do not send thugs to break your legs if you not do exactly as they say. This is just bullshit and only stories by people who are themselves not 100% in order.

Just start by reading your contract thoroughly. If it states something specific about when the property is sold then you have to comply with that. A clause that will give you one months time is used but not often.

If there is no specific clause then you can remain for the rest of the lease, nothing the current owner or the new owner can do.

You do need to act preemptively though, just to make clear you are not someone who just rolls over! For this you need a lawyer, who can write a letter for you which states that you plan to stay for the remainder of the lease. If the owner wishes to break the contract then each month that you are not able to use the contract should be compensated, by xx.xxx amount. As a token of friendliness and showing understanding for the situation you could offer that you leave the property within six months or sooner if you find something to your liking.

In that case no compensation is needed and only after the deposit is received in full you comply with the offer you made.

Make sure the letter is signed and has a letterhead by the lawyer and sent with tracked mail.

• 1 month later...

All the "never buy real estate in Thailand" crew know that one of the downsides of renting is being evicted. Think its worth trying to negotiate as easier exit deal as possible, but paying lawyers? Some fights are worth making others just are trying to forestall the inevitable while increasing your personal stress.

Archived