Honda Dream vs Honda Super Cub +Honda Wave (all 110s) now confused

kekalot

Honda Dream vs Honda Super Cub +Honda Wave (all 110s) now confused

Basically the same bike. Wave has disk brake up front and is more modern? Super Cub is "retro" or old design with front drum if that is your thing. An electric start bike still has a kick start. 

If you consider yourself a village hipster get a Cub, if not get a Wave. 
Edited by VocalNeal

25 minutes ago, Denim said:

If anybody ever markets some after market panniers with wrap around crash bars for those Honda cubs they will be onto a small fortune. A sort of poor mans electroglide.

GT Rider on Pattaya Tai sells original Cub accessories which include panniers. I've got the old brown saddle bag postman type however they've got the new groovy Kevlar type similar to the Ducati Scrambler bags. 

1500 baht. I might treat myself tomorrow ?

11 hours ago, NormanW said:

GT Rider on Pattaya Tai sells original Cub accessories which include panniers. I've got the old brown saddle bag postman type however they've got the new groovy Kevlar type similar to the Ducati Scrambler bags. 

1500 baht. I might treat myself tomorrow ?

do those have to go on the half seat for the super cub?

59338fca8e2f6_supercub110.jpg.59befffd78dcee2e77a59a2ba69f86b4.jpg

or would it be just strapped over under the regular seat.

I am planning on getting a Dream for 38,500 instead of the Super Cub for 46,000 and get it vinyl wrapped if the prices are not ridiculous.

I would wrap the Super Cub too so it's not like I am getting a Dream to make it look like a Super Cub.

just because.. they are exactly the same bike, why pay 7500 baht more if they will end up looking the same

thinking little bit darker olive green would be nice like this:

d9a2ba1583f1949193b8a347544d9cee.jpg.cfc1e4c1a5317fcd471c2cfdae73f3e0.jpg

Edited by kekalot

2 hours ago, kekalot said:

I am planning on getting a Dream for 38,500 instead of the Super Cub for 46,000 and get it vinyl wrapped if the prices are not ridiculous.

I would wrap the Super Cub too so it's not like I am getting a Dream to make it look like a Super Cub.

just because.. they are exactly the same bike, why pay 7500 baht more if they will end up looking the same

Good point yes. I've fitted the bags to the chrome grab bar that comes with the original seat.

I've got the single seat conversion which is a pain to fit because of the lock situation and a new longer cable that you need to fit. 

I'll try and find a photo for you...

Edited by NormanW
Add a photo

2 hours ago, kekalot said:

Good point yes. I've got the single seat conversion which is a pain to fit because of the lock situation and a new longer cable that you need to fit. 

Yeah can't remember if you can 

My Honda Dream is the first and only bike I have ever owned, bought second hand in 1997 for 20,000 baht.

It has served me well, but now I have a problem starting it. I need to change the spark plug like every three weeks.

It's a kick start and it's really painful to start because I am still recovering from a broken hip.

The mechanic said it was time to get a new one, but I am attached and used to this one. If they could get it to start normally, I'd like to keep it. Has anyone else ever had this problem of the bike "eating spark plugs", as the mechanic refers to it?

I

20-years old Honda Dream,  and you're really attached to it...!!!  I suggest you buy a new one for the parking lot and take this one to bed with you.... lol. 

Sorry,  couldn't resist, but the problem you describe probably calls for an engine overhaul,  or a new engine for that matter.... Good luck.... (with the hip I mean ! )

6 hours ago, phuketsub said:

My Honda Dream is the first and only bike I have ever owned, bought second hand in 1997 for 20,000 baht.

It has served me well, but now I have a problem starting it. I need to change the spark plug like every three weeks.

It's a kick start and it's really painful to start because I am still recovering from a broken hip.

The mechanic said it was time to get a new one, but I am attached and used to this one. If they could get it to start normally, I'd like to keep it. Has anyone else ever had this problem of the bike "eating spark plugs", as the mechanic refers to it?

I

Try getting a new carburetor fitted.. shouldn't be too expensive + inline fuel filter if possible.

Edited by lemonjelly

On 6/1/2017 at 11:24 PM, Big Guns said:

I meant bump start, not too sure what a bum start would involve :smile:

Bum start:  You run along side and put the weight of your keesteer onto the seat sidesaddle just as you pop the clutch.  No leg over crap.

Electric start is no fun.  I got endless entertainment watching a buddy try to kick start his Harley Sportster back in the early 70's. 

On 6/4/2017 at 0:43 AM, kekalot said:

... and get it vinyl wrapped if the prices are not ridiculous.

How hard is it to personalize a bike at little to no cost?

Here's one with around 500,000 miles on it. I've seen it up close.  Rat Bike Milo.

20050807-023f.jpg

Edited by Damrongsak

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Try getting a new carburetor fitted.. shouldn't be too expensive + inline fuel filter if possible.

+1. What he said.

If that don't work, a new CDI and coil for less than a grand should sort it. Failing that, rebore, new piston and a valve job will definetely sort it. 

So carb, 600 odd baht, CDI and coil 700 odd baht, top end recon no more than a grand, i doubt you'll be spending more than 3k all in. Inc labour...