British rights activist sues Thai authorities

webfact

5 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

You are so so right Barbara

It is time that someone picks up the manta and starts to highlight this corrupt law and way of life, I met a few corrupt BIB, BKS Attorneys and a lawyer who thought he could get away wilth selling my docs to the other side. At this time they have, but the clock is ticking and one morning very soon they will see themselves s as they are on there own dedicated channel that screens to the world.

CCA may work within the border but outside has no power what so ever.

You said "on the run", I ask from what not a corrupt law like the CCA, you cannot be worried about that can you? hope you out if not PM me and keep well

And I wish you every good luck in your own fight, whatever that is about...

On 31/05/2017 at 4:49 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

In Thailand a defamation suit is NOT based on the truth or falseness  of  the  statement, it is only based on whether the statement does damage to the person it applies to.

Hence, if you make a slanderous statement about a public figure or corporation in Thailand that is actually correct, you still can be sued for defamation.

Yes, truth is usually not a defence. Unless there is a clear public interest in the matter than truth prevails and damages become irrelevant in current Thai law.

Edited by Morakot