Hunt on for farang showman "flouting the Thai driving law"

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

That's amazing " a majority of Thais thought that it was highly inappropriate driving". That statement is more surprising than the driving, or is the problem that he was a phalang and only Thais are allowed to drive inappropriately!

Yup!

the guy is an idiot and should be punished. however any thai who believes that foreigners are the only ones who should be criticized and punished for flouting the law in thailand is an even bigger idiot.

pot, kettle, black. next.

8 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

What law is he flouting? I see a guy leaning over, well on his bike to look around a taxi that is blocking his view. How can this be against the law? Baffles me.

He's not wearing a helmet! ☆?

<deleted>  dangerous driving Ive been riding in Thailand a long time and the Thais don't know the rules they make it up as they ride along 

Riding  back  from Rangsit  yesterday was laughable  a vans  axle in the middle of the  road cars  tuning onto the  main road  to  the outside  lane

Vans pushing you into the swamp

Thais  just like to complain that's all

Welcome to Thailand  

While I do agree about the 'hypocrisy' on this one , that is no excuse for 'us' foreigners commit dangerous acts on the Thai roads or disregard Thai law because Thais do. Quite a few of the local foreigners where I live ride their m/b without protective headgear, ride along the wrong side of the road etc. Two of them come from England and fairly close to where I used to live, and I approached one. His 'verbosity' made it clear that he had lived in Thailand for 10 years (many of us would consider him still a 'youngster') and would do as Thais do (so why didn't he follow respectful Thais I asked). I suggested that he might then suffer like them too.

LOL

Everyday, I witness 3, sometimes 4, citizens riding on a motorcycle without helmets and eye protection with mama holding a baby,

And most never stop at Zebra,  lined  pedestrian crossings while people are attempting to cross the street.

Then there are the operators by the thousands speeding down sidewalks weaving around people and dogs!

And they are concerned about a guy tipping a side car occasionally.

I'm still laughing out loud.

Last month a Thai motorcyclist in Jomtien was doing wheelies while standing on the seat and driving at a high speed.  It wasn't an isolated stunt.  He stopped at two traffic lights and repeated the stunt each time for up to 30 seconds at a time.  This was at 7pm when the traffic was heavy on 2nd road.

I saw this video a few days ago, I thought it was a Thai rider... I thought, great skills, but what an idiot - I hope he gets caught and served a reasonable fine. 

Now that I know this is a foreign driver, I think, great skills, but what an idiot - I hope he gets caught and served a reasonable fine.  

I get a kick out of the notion that this would "not be done at home". :shock1:

Some of my younger antics scare the heck out of me upon recollection.

Just one example, crank the Beemer up to 100mph, set the throttle lock, and enjoy the horrified looks of people you pass, crosslegged and arms folded, steering by small shifts of weight.

13 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

That's amazing " a majority of Thais thought that it was highly inappropriate driving". That statement is more surprising than the driving, or is the problem that he was a phalang and only Thais are allowed to drive inappropriately!

Yeah a bit like the double pricing.

If you're rich enough you can run people down, the mega rich can even run down policemen.

13 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

What law is he flouting? I see a guy leaning over, well on his bike to look around a taxi that is blocking his view. How can this be against the law? Baffles me.

The law that says anything or everything must be preserved for the right of the Thais .  You should know that anything that a Thai is able to do, us Farangs must not.  Or maybe go out and form a company, employ three Thais thus enabling the Farang to fall into the same idiotic category, that is, providing the employees fit the bill as well.:wai:

What a hypocritical piece of news reporting... why don't these news reporters just say 'farang go home you are not wanted here'.  So sick and tired of reading negative articles and criticising of foreigners... farang do this farang do that.

"He wouldn't do that in his country" Of course not. There are rules against driving home-made 3 wheeled abominations,  police that enforce them and even some citizens that care about the common good. This article made me chuckle out loud

20 hours ago, lamecn said:

Isn't this common practice when you learn to drive a motorcycle with a sidecar, before you can get a license for this kind of vehicle?

You won't get a license for this kind of vehicle nor a Insurance as it is an illegal contraption.

What a absolute farce.  There are NO driving laws in Thailand, or if there are, the Thails don't abide by them.  At anytime of the day you can see traffic infringements left, right n centre.  Pickups overloaded, both with freight and people, speeding, running red lights, not wearing seat belts, children in vehicles not restrained, overloaded scooters n motor bikes, 

to get upset over a Farang lifting the wheel of his side chair off the ground and ordering a manhunt for him is absolute hypocrisy. I says to Thais, clean up your own backyard first. Get all the overloading under control, teach drivers of heavy trucks and busses to change to a appropriate low gear before they go down steep hills, strictly control the hours those drivers can drive to reduce the bus and truck crashes at 3 o'clock in the morning.  I have been driving quad (4 trailers) Road Trains 170 Tonne loaded, in Western Australia for years and I would not be alive now if it wasn't for the strict training and driving by the rules, and common sense of course, so I know what I'm talking about.

I see this kind of thing everyday when the motorcycle with sidecar guys come back to the wholesaler after delivering a load of beer/soda to a retailer. They're are having some fun with an empty/light vehicle. They are Thai so it OK for them.