Border crossing nongkai

I think you will find it s 30 days he receives since he comes from Australia and this can be done twice in a calendar year at the land border.

Yeah, should be with the new rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, gojdthai2016 said:

I am sure certain countries citizens are given 30 days bu I think but am unsure that aussies only get 14/15 days , if it's only 15 then a tourist visa will be applied for regards

He will get 30 days exemption stamp guaranteed ,well nothing is guaranteed in Thailand but he should be okay 

I am sure certain countries citizens are given 30 days bu I think but am unsure that aussies only get 14/15 days , if it's only 15 then a tourist visa will be applied for regards

Google knows everything

Visa Exemption and Bilateral Agreement

(Last updated: May 26, 2017)

Passport Holders who can enter Thailand without a Visa

The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 55 countries1 to enter Thailand without a visa. They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries.

Under the new provisions of the VISA EXEMPTION RULE and BILATERAL AGREEMENT effective December 31, 2016, passport holders of 55 countries are entitled to enter Thailand under this rule provided that they meet the following criteria:

The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
They must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling over land out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc may be accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.

You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show you will be exiting Thailand within 30 days of entry you will be most likely to be refused entry.

It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person during your stay in Thailand.
A fee may be levied on persons entering Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE especially when entering through a land border in Southern Thailand.

Thai Visa Stamps

Holders of normal passports of the following countries are granted visa-free travel to Thailand for a period of up to 30 days. The exemption is granted at most twice in a calendar year when entering over land or via a sea border but there is no limitation when entering by air. For Malaysians entering by land border, there is no limitation in issuing the 30-day visa exemption stamp. Korea, Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile will get 90 days in both airport and land border.

155 Countries allowed to enter Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE:

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bahrain
Belgium
Brazil
Brunei
Canada
Chile
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Indonesia
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Korea
Kuwait
Laos
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Macau
Malaysia
Monaco
Mongolia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Oman
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Russia
Singapore
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
Vietnam

Etc....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, gojdthai2016 said:

Still lacking any kind of certainty?????? Regards 

Assuming no previous visa exempt entries by land this year, the chance is at least 99% that he will be granted a visa exempt entry at Nong Khai. There is no such thing as 100% certainty. For instance, the immigration official might find some defect in the passport. If granted a visa exempt entry, the chance is 100% that he will be given 30 days.

Edited by BritTim

Hi all just a quick one I am wondering how many days an Australian citizen will receive if he makes an entry through nongkai without a visa not sure if it is 14 28 or 30 days regards ,,have a good day

Since the 1st of January of this year everybody gets 30 days. The 15 day rule was recended when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings went into effect.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app