Video: Beware these dangerous con artists on the Thai roads

webfact

I'm still waiting to find out how they got off the motorway without going through the toll booth, Is the man in the toll booth one of the gang or perhaps they are permanently staying on the motorway and driving up and down.HaHa O K I give in

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, webfact said:

gang of fraudsters touring round deliberately driving into others to con people out of money.

have heard of this scam in the usa; dashcam Might help; even if it might not catch rear-ends and sideswipes , the fact that you have one might deter the scammers

cheap trick...only 5000?
and i don't believe the story...if they pick the wrong one their dead.
Threatening with a deadly weapon can trigger a  lethal response.
But maybe there are fools and horses around this country...

Totally agree with you. These arent con artists they are dumb thugs who go to an awful lot of trouble hitting a car for 5000 baht.

Judging from the way this feeble broad is waving that pathetic putter, I would have that club in a new york second and their windscreen would get it.

I know a lot of ex pats here would also love an opportunity like this to defend themselves.

2 hours ago, gemguy said:

You should always carry a squirt bottle or spray bottle or better yet a large size Songkran style squirt gun filled with dog urine to be used in cases such as this...lol

Cheers

Not advisable, because there are no ways of knowing if these people will retaliate with knives or even guns, and I`ve no doubts this could reach levels when deadly weapons will be used. And that`s the scary part because the actions of the people are unpredictable in these situations.

This is the title of the message I received in my inbox this morning.

Video: Beware these dangerous con artists on the Thai roads; How cops earn their daily bread....poster shows up corrupt Surin police

Was I alone in thinking this was just one subject and not two?

34 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I'm still waiting to find out how they got off the motorway without going through the toll booth, Is the man in the toll booth one of the gang or perhaps they are permanently staying on the motorway and driving up and down.HaHa O K I give in

When they say they didnt go to the toll booth, it means they didnt go together and park up, as requested by the other vehicle, to sort out the insurance. 

not only on highways: same thing  happened to us in a parking lot of  Factory Outlet parking lot: two women in all around beat up pick up truck waited until we started to back out of our  parking stall and then deliberately drove into our Honda Jazz claiming we backed into them. They, demanded money as they claimed had to go to hospital and no time to wait for  insurance adjuster/investigator or police. Wife gave them  nothing waited for insurance man. Do not give into demands of these low life scums. 

3 hours ago, gemguy said:

You should always carry a squirt bottle or spray bottle or better yet a large size Songkran style squirt gun filled with dog urine to be used in cases such as this...lol

Cheers

Good fun collecting the urine I would think...na!

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How did the perpetrators NOT go to the toll booth on the expressway? There are no exits.

Bang Na - Bang Pa-In. Does that mean Kanchanapisek Road? If so that expressway/highway has plenty of exits in between toll booths.

4 hours ago, wvavin said:

As I always said, always have an UZI with you on Thai roads.

In this case a can with anti-dog pepperspray or some other nice stuff would have been very helpful.

5 hours ago, wvavin said:

As I always said, always have an UZI with you on Thai roads.

oh for a little smoke bomb, reminds me when at school, an empty match box, and cut up celofane. not only make eyes water, but stunk bad as well.

4 hours ago, gemguy said:

Cheers

Fill it full of battery acid...Works wonders...!

This thread is a keyboard warriors wet dream... I love all these ideas.... "dogs pee in a water pistol"...  Imagine coming back to your car after its been parked in the sun... Great idea !! Dogs pish stink in your car... Smart move !!! 

"Battery acid in a spray bottle" what happens when that leaks in your car? another Brain of the Century. 

And now "Smoke Bombs" !!!... 

There are better ways of dealing with people like this and its certainly isn't aggravating them. 

A dash cam (forward and rear facing) is the only smart move here, especially if you are traveling with children and loved....

This thread is a keyboard warriors wet dream... I love all these ideas.... "dogs pee in a water pistol"...  Imagine coming back to your car after its been parked in the sun... Great idea !! Dogs pish stink in your car... Smart move !!! 

"Battery acid in a spray bottle" what happens when that leaks in your car? another Brain of the Century. 

And now "Smoke Bombs" !!!... 

There are better ways of dealing with people like this and its certainly isn't aggravating them. 

A dash cam (forward and rear facing) is the only smart move here, especially if you are traveling with children and loved....

The whole scenario is some peoples wet dream. Honestly, some wack job crashes into your car forcing you to a stop, then some chick waves a golf club through the window, the cam is a great idea because it will show that you were acting in self defense when you pull it off her and protect your dearly beloved with a dose of karma.

Waving a golf club at someone in a constrained environment is like pointing a knife at someone the wrong way around.

Ps : agree with you on the p1ss and battery acid

14 minutes ago, SABloke said:

I'm sure the kids in the car are going to grow up to be positive members of society :saai:

A bit of nepotistic influence and a goodly lump of money

they might gain the brown 'colours' of the biggest gang in the Kingdom

They could then pass on the putter to the next generation of wannabe Dick Turpins

;)

9 hours ago, gemguy said:

Cheers

Vinegar is better. Stings the eyes.

I had a young Thai couple try this on me and the wife in Udon Thani.  I pulled into a parking spot on the street, about to parallel park, the Thai couple honked their horn, and got out of their car.  Started yelling and blaming me in Thai about damaging their car.  My wife, was scared, and told me they wanted 5000 baht for the damage.  I said I didn't hit anything, to my wife, I got out and looked at the damage I supposedly caused, took a few pictures, and asked the couple "which of the many dents and scratches on your fenders is mine?".  They lost their minds....demanding their money or they would call the police.  I called my police contact in Udon, and handed my phone to the irate couple.  I assumed they sped off to their next farang victim.....