Driver dead as pick-up dragged 200 meters by Bangkok bound train

webfact

Driver dead as pick-up dragged 200 meters by Bangkok bound train

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SONGKHLA: -- A driver in a pick-up was dragged 200 meters down the line by the Yala to Bangkok express after he cut in front of the train at a crossing.

Though Kittisak Haliphan, 33, was pulled alive from the wreckage he was pronounced dead later in hospital.

His Isuzu D-Max vehicle suffered extensive damage with a large part of the back of the vehicle coming to rest 100 meters away from the cab.

The accident happened at a crossing between the stations of Ban Koh Yai and Khuan Niang in Songkhla. The crossing has flashing lights to warn drivers but no barrier.

The train had only superficial damage and was allowed to proceed on its journey to Bangkok at 8pm after an inspection was carried out.

No passengers were hurt.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-06

10 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

A million similar accidents could occur, and still Thai drivers would not get the message!

Education and learning are non existent!

I think it's more to do with "mindset". Nobody it seems wants to stop for anything, l see it every day. This particular guy didn't want to wait the time it takes the length of a train to pass. Folk will jump red lights cos they don't want to wait a couple of minutes. Folk will pull out of side turnings in front of you cos they don't want to wait a few seconds, especially scooters who will ride towards you on the wrong side of the road cos they don't want to stop and wait a few seconds.

Yesterday I was stopped at a junction to turn right and a truck pulled up on my right on the wrong side of the road just to get in front of me. He came unstuck because we both pulled out at the same time and l made sure he stayed on the wrong side of the road for quite a way...:stoner:

Feeling very pedantic for some strange reason, I cannot help but say that the truck could not have been dragged down the tracks after such a manouvre. Surely "pushed" would be a more appropriate word, the subtle difference being that between tension and compression ?

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Feeling very pedantic for some strange reason, I cannot help but say that the truck could not have been dragged down the tracks after such a manouvre. Surely "pushed" would be a more appropriate word, the subtle difference being that between tension and compression ?

I would say the bits of truck underneath the engine were dragged but most was pushed , that clears that up ..or not.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a stupid thing to do, trying to beat a train at a crossing.

Now the silly bugger is dead and has probably left a family without the maIn bread winner.

...and a without transport , and maybe the truck was still owed money on.

8 hours ago, transam said:

I think it's more to do with "mindset". Nobody it seems wants to stop for anything, l see it every day. This particular guy didn't want to wait the time it takes the length of a train to pass. Folk will jump red lights cos they don't want to wait a couple of minutes. Folk will pull out of side turnings in front of you cos they don't want to wait a few seconds, especially scooters who will ride towards you on the wrong side of the road cos they don't want to stop and wait a few seconds.

Yesterday I was stopped at a junction to turn right and a truck pulled up on my right on the wrong side of the road just to get in front of me. He came unstuck because we both pulled out at the same time and l made sure he stayed on the wrong side of the road for quite a way...:stoner:

And then they'll sit back on a main road and wait while dozens of vehicles cross in front of them, into a secondary road. 

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Now the silly bugger is dead and has probably left a family without the maIn bread winner.

..is that a black baker's van he was driving...glad no-one else was harmed..but traumatic for the train driver no doubt...RIP.

Edited by tandor

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a  "disgusting" thing  to say Colin,hang your  head  in shame , thats someones Husband..etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:tongue:

8 minutes ago, CliffH said:

Highly likely he didn't see the red warning lights, due to the large quantity of junk that was probably draped from the rear view mirror obscuring his vision.

You mean all that "Lucky Buddha CRAP"

I wonder how many of those  lucky flower  Buddha  nonsense sellers at Traffic  lights  get run over each year?

Edited by kannot

22 minutes ago, tandor said:

..is that a black baker's van he was driving...glad no-one else was harmed..but traumatic for the train driver no doubt...RIP.

Maybe he didnt use his Loaf?

1 hour ago, kannot said:

What a  "disgusting" thing  to say Colin,hang your  head  in shame , thats someones Husband..etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:tongue:

I will say it again, what a stupid thing to do.

Many times you see people trying to beat the barriers on crossings, and yes it is stupid.

That man lost his life due to his own stupidity.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Though Kittisak Haliphan, 33, was pulled alive from the wreckage he was pronounced dead later in hospital.

Please, if ever I am in an accident do not take me to hospital, I see the above statement far too often :smile:

On a more serious note, what a chuffing moron.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I will say it again, what a stupid thing to do.

Many times you see people trying to beat the barriers on crossings, and yes it is stupid.

That man lost his life due to his own stupidity.

some  folk  have  no  sense  of  humour, some beauty queen lost her life to her  own stupidity too, no seatbelt.........thats what I was referring too

Edited by kannot

This stuff happens all over the world. Seen guys in USA and Canada also do this stuff

and wreck their vehicles. Even a taxi driver in Calgary went in front of a City C Train and got

his taxi all smashed up and affected the City transit system for nearly a whole day. Such

stupidity!

Geezer