Footy on the Telly

wilai

On 5/26/2018 at 8:32 AM, yabbra said:

So the entire cost for the privilege of having 4K would be in the region of 2600-3100 Baht depending on which package you have. That's ridiculous! I wonder how many channels & what content they will be showing in 4K after the World Cup to warrant that steep price? And do these new boxes have the PVR function like the HD boxes? Wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:32 AM, wilai said:

Don't forget the cost of a new telly. 4K ones ain't cheap!?

Isn't the World Cup being shown on Thai terrestrial TV in HD ?

That's my understanding, Channel 3,5,7,9,11, MCOT & Thai PBS HD.

Surely this is the best option and it's FREE ?

8 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Isn't the World Cup being shown on Thai terrestrial TV in HD ?

That's my understanding, Channel 3,5,7,9,11, MCOT & Thai PBS HD.

Surely this is the best option and it's FREE ?

Channel 5, Amarin and True 4U are the terrestrial channels afaik Sots.But yeah, a far better option than chancing 4K unless you already have a 4K telly and want to spend another few grand on a receiver...which may or may not be delivered/work in time for the start. Only problem is that last I heard the three channels were still arguing over who shows which game! (other than the first one).

Those with IPTV are the fortunate ones as they'll have BBC/ITV/ASTRO to pick from as well.

51 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I checked on Wiki for

"List of World cup broadcasters"

and this came up for Thailand :

2018: Channel 3 HD, Channel 5 HD, Channel 7 HD, Channel 9 MCOT HD, Channel 11 HD, Thai PBS HD, True Sport HD(all matches in live telecast)

Here's the link for the Wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_broadcasters#Thailand

Things may have changed but I have never trusted Wiki on anything? Truesport have the 4K so I imagine they can show normal HD as well on their channels. 

Below is one of the original links. Haven't seen anything new reported in The Nation involving the other channels as yet, and CH7 http://live.bugaboo.tv/ and MCOT F/B pages don't mention the WC at all.   

https://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/world-cup-rights-deal-secured-thailand

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thais nationwide will be able to enjoy live broadcast of 64 matches of World Cup on True4U, Amarin TV and Channel 5. 

ttp://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30344303

Only a month late with the info Trigg. You must learn to keep up....when you're not trolling the Spurs fans that is.:cheesy:

• Like 1

I know we are not allowed to discuss it , but both ITV and BBC are showing all the games for free. All you need is a reliable VPN service to watch it from Thailand.

• Like 1

Wednesday Games

Toulon Youth Tournament

22:00....Turkey <21 v Mexico <21...............................Freesports TV UK; Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia 4

00:30....England <21 v Scotland <21..........................Freesports TV UK; Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia 4 

Pre WC Friendlies

00:00.....Norway v Panama..........................................Astro SS1; beIN Sports Arabia 2

01:45.....Belgium v Egypt............................................. MUTV; Astro SS2; beIN Sports Arabia 1/11

And....for the Egg Chasers

State of Origin 

17:00.....Queensland v New South Wales...................Sky Sports Main/Arena;

• Haha 1

Thursday Game

Pre WC Friendly

02:00.....England v Costa Rica.....................................Thai Ch 7; ITV1; beIN Sports Arabia 2/11

Edited by wilai

Friday Games

Pre WC Friendlies

00:00.....Switzerland v Japan..........................................Astro SS1; 

00:30.....Germany v Saudi Arabia...................................Thai CH7; BT Sport 1; Astro SS4; K+PM; beIN Sports Arabia 3

01:45.....Poland v Chile...................................................Thai beIN Sports 1; beIN Sports Arabia 2

Saturday Games

Toulon Youth Tournament

3rd/4th Place

21:00....Turkey <21 v Scotland <21.................................Freesports TV UK; Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia 4

Final

23:30....England <21 v Mexico <21..................................Freesports TV UK; Astro SS3; beIN Sports Arabia 4 

Pre WC Friendlies

23:00.....Estonia v Morocco.............................................Thai beIN Sports 1; beIN Sports Arabia 2

00:15.....Sweden v Peru....................................................Thai beIN Sports 2; Astro SS3; 

01:00.....Denmark v Mexico............................................. Astro SS4

01:45.....Tunisia v Spain....................................................Freesports TV UK;

02:00.....France v USA...................................................... TF1HD(Fr); Abu Dhabi Sports 2/5

Spanish Play Off

23:00.....Real Zaragoza v Numancia.................................Thai beIN Sports 2; K+PM (Viet)

MLS

07:00.....Philadelphia Union v Toronto FC.........................Thai beIN Sports 3;

23:30.....New York City v Atlanta Utd.................................Sky Sports Football; Thai beIN Sports 3

04:00.....Columbus Crew v New York RB...........................Sky Sports Football; Thai beIN Sports 3

06:00.....Vancouver Whitecaps v Orlando City..................Sky Sports Football; Thai beIN Sports 3

Thai Premier/1st Division

17:45/18:00/19:00/20"00........On various Truesports HD/SD channels

For those missing their fix already; whenever possible, I'll put a daily list on this thread until the new season starts. Will include foreign channels available here and also beIN mena for those of you in the UAE area. Won't include local channels. Will be mainly British teams but if any other specific nations/clubs are wanted, let me know. Times will be Thai. Please feel free to add any that are not shown.

Today
15:00..... 18:00.....England v Italy .......................Astro SS2, British Eurosport 2, beIN MENA 7/13 & global
22:00.....Toulon Comp Semi.....  England  

Who will broadcast the World Cup?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sunday Games

Pre WC Friendly

21:00.....Austria v Brazil..................................................LFCTV HD; Astro SS1; K+PM; 

Spanish Play Off

01:30.....Sporting Gijon v Real Vallodolid.......................Thai beIN Sports 4; K+PM (Viet); beIN Sports Arabia 3

MLS

07:00.....Dallas v Montreal Impact...................................Thai beIN Sports 4;

07:30.....Chicago Fire v New England Revolution ..........Thai beIN Sports 2

08:00.....Houston Dynamo v Colorado Rapids................Thai beIN Sports 3

09:30.....LA Galaxy v Real Salt Lake.................................Sky Sports Football; Thai beIN Sports 2

09:30.....SJ Earthquakes v Los Angeles FC.....................Thai beIN Sports 1

Charity Farce

02:00......England XI v Rest of the World XI.....................ITV1

Thai Premier/1st Division

18:00/19:00..............................................On various Truesports HD/SD channels

Tuesday Games

Pre WC Friendlies

20:05.....Japan v Paraguay..............................................Astro SS1; 

23:00.....Poland v Lithuania............................................Thai beIN Sports 4; beIN Sports Arabia 2/11

Wednesday Games

Spanish Play Off

01:30.....Numancia v Real Vallodolid.......................Thai beIN Sports 4; Freesports UK

MLS

06:30.....Columbus Crew v Atlanta Utd..................................Thai beIN Sports 4;

06:30.....Montreal Impact v Orlando City...............................Thai beIN Sports 3

07:00.....New York RB v Seattle Sounders ............................Thai beIN Sports 2

07:00.....Toronto FC v DC United.............................................Thai beIN Sports 1

Edited by wilai