UK: General election 2017: Voters to go to the polls

webfact

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Well if the Tories have a majority with reduced seats then May will have difficulties with her Brexit commitments.  Many of the Tory MPs were ardent remainers and will resist her attempts to push through a hard Brexit.  She really needs to hold onto the seats she has and add to them for her to achieve her goals in the timescale she has promised.

The worst case scenario is likely to be May not achieving a majority, triggering a coalition between Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP.  Given the commitment by the Lib Dems and the SNP to scupper Brexit and Corbyn only half heartedly in favour then....... Well you can work it out yourselves. 

I still doubt it will come to that but if it does then better break out the tin helmets!

As a former paid up Liberal (SDP/LibDem), I am very disappointed in the message they put across on Brexit.

They should have been more forward on the Swiss/Norway model of remaining in the EEA as a preferred option, I voted remain but realise that this is not an option now, I feel the LibDems are saying the want a vote on the terms and if we vote against them then we will remaining in, remaining in is not an option, article 50 has been moved and after the rhetoric of Junkers to change our minds and remain will be like sleeping in a wet bed. (something I have not done for nearly sixty years).

Labour. to this day I do not know what they want, other than they will oppose the Tories and their election campaign has been trying to convince the voters that they are all behind Jeremy and you can spend tax receipts more than once ...   :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: 

Well Jeremy has packed Diane A off to the funny farm, pity he did not chose to join her.

Edited by Basil B

For me the best solution to all of this for the Tories to stay in power with a reduced majority but with May gone and replaced by someone else.  There is the rub though because I cannot come up with a viable replacement who is capable of administering realistic negotiations over Brexit.  A coalition between L/LD/SNP would be a complete disaster for the country.  I have voted today but I fear we are all p*ssing in the wind!

On 2017-6-8 at 7:39 AM, Roadman said:

Good luck Theresa May...more balls than her male opposition. 

She didn't have the guts to face a TV debate. Sent her Home Secretary to do it instead. When she herself was Home Secretary she sent her juniors to face the Media. She talks, but talk is cheap, so she is the Cheapest Prime Minister ever in UK politics. 

A post with the aberrant spelling of a politician's name has been removed.   Please use the correct name and spelling of names.   Not doing so is trolling and results in threads going off-topic.  

22 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

She didn't have the guts to face a TV debate. Sent her Home Secretary to do it instead. When she herself was Home Secretary she sent her juniors to face the Media. She talks, but talk is cheap, so she is the Cheapest Prime Minister ever in UK politics. 

A sitting leader has a distinct disadvantage during such debates which is why they should be avoided.

On 2017-6-10 at 2:48 PM, evadgib said:

A sitting leader has a distinct disadvantage during such debates which is why they should be avoided.

But they always have the last broadcast the day before an election. Besides TV does not have actual debates during an election.

A Q & A session is hardly a debate. Outside of an election the only real TV debates are the BBC's Question Time.