Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Customers scream "Scam!" as True Fitness shut up shop

webfact

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

With how ridiculously high gym memberships are in Thailand, being even way higher than in the Western world, in a city that has a huge amount of people, wages way cheaper than the Western world, how could a gym company not be making a killing?

Most Thais do not like walking much, they cannot even walk through an indoor market, they have to use their motorbikes.

So why should they do some exercise in an overpriced gym.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, scorecard said:

1. Poor management decisions / no knowledge of the basics of running a business. A bit like the great chef who produces world class dishes and believes that because he/she is a great chef success in business is automatic...  

2, Scam, funds deliberately siphoned off...

etc.

ANNOUNCEMENT-----True Fitness

9 June 2017

Dear Members,

It is with deep regret that we announce the closure of our operations in Thailand. All True Fitness, True Spa and True ‘Est centres in Thailand have ceased operations on 9 June 2017.

In Thailand, the past years have proved challenging, and unfortunately the businesses are no longer financially viable due to evolving market conditions. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to sustain operations in Thailand due to the challenging market conditions.

We had several suitors to take over our businesses in Thailand but our landlords did not agree to have other operators take over the businesses and in some instances insisted on substantially higher rents. We had tried several attempts to rejuvenate the businesses but have not been able to get sufficient flexibility from our landlords and creditors to enable us to restructure the businesses in time and the decision by our creditors to shut us down left us with no option but to close down our operations till we find suitable operators to take over the businesses.

Despite the above, we are still open to looking for a suitable fitness and wellness operator who is willing to take over the business and we hope that this will happen soon.

We thank you for your support during this time.

The Management of True Fitness, True Spa and True ‘Est

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Most Thais do not like walking much, they cannot even walk through an indoor market, they have to use their motorbikes.

So why should they do some exercise in an overpriced gym.

That's the same all over the world. Look at all the fat asses in the Western countries. Most of them don't go to the gym or exercise.

7 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I don't believe they will get their money back, and i don't believe anyone from California experienced that either. If banks were responsible for every time someone paid for a service and did not get what they paid for, they would be unable to move through complaints.

Millions of people everyday pay for things and don't get the goods/service they wanted or perceived they should of had, should they all call the banks?

"they would be unable to move through complaints".  They would not have to, they would just ignore the emails, or not answer the phone.

truelogo.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT

9 June 2017-----True has ceased operations in Thailand

Dear Members,

It is with deep regret that we announce the closure of our operations in Thailand. All True Fitness, True Spa and True ‘Est centres in Thailand have ceased operations on 9 June 2017.

In Thailand, the past years have proved challenging, and unfortunately the businesses are no longer financially viable due to evolving market conditions. Despite our best efforts, we were unable to sustain operations in Thailand due to the challenging market conditions.

We had several suitors to take over our businesses in Thailand but our landlords did not agree to have other operators take over the businesses and in some instances insisted on substantially higher rents. We had tried several attempts to rejuvenate the businesses but have not been able to get sufficient flexibility from our landlords and creditors to enable us to restructure the businesses in time and the decision by our creditors to shut us down left us with no option but to close down our operations till we find suitable operators to take over the businesses.

Despite the above, we are still open to looking for a suitable fitness and wellness operator who is willing to take over the business and we hope that this will happen soon.

6 hours ago, Rgreen88 said:

I am (was) a member of the gym, and even on the last day the gym was open the salespeople were signing up new members.

The owners of True are pigs.

Well at least there won't be so many of these overmuscled freaks around

1 hour ago, wvavin said:

You don't need to risk yourself financially if you can just simply discipline yourself and exercise anywhere you like. It's your choice.

True, there are fitness parks with exercise machines all over Thailand, where you can exercise at your own leisure, instead

of pumping iron for hours and ending up overweight like Arnie and Stallone.

Oh well, just another proof that living in a "hiso" area or perhaps even owning a "hiso" condo does not give you any guarantees at all here. Exchange tower (or whoever) must be charging a pretty penny for rent - it is a prime area.

Meanwhile in the anals of Ramkgamheang FBT fitness has been operating for decades. Well equipped gym on 2 floors and they charge a very affordable and convenient 1000 baht membership by month, steam room, sauna and many classes included in price.

37 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

ANNOUNCEMENT-----True Fitness

9 June 2017

Dear Members,

Amazing that they could issue a statement like this, and not make ONE WORD mention of what it's going to mean for their paying members... refunds???  alternate accommodations???  Nothing....???

It's bad enough that a private business can get away with operating this way in Thailand. But it's even worse that, apparently, the government regulators (government Consumer Protection agency and Consumer Protection Police) are silent when these kinds of abuses occur.

Someone remind me again why I don't trust any business in Thailand to pay for anything that I can't carry away in my hands, use immediately, or pay for with a credit card where the purchase can be challenged/voided if not properly fulfilled?

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Did that but it aint cheap: 100k for a powerrack, bench, plates, barbell, and flooring.

Got my own gym with powerrack bench, plates, barbell, and flooring, a lat pully, a machine for dips and a rowing maching, stepper, iron master dumbells up to 120 lbs and some other stuff.. Not cheap but kept me training and been using it 8 years now so i got part of my money out of it.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Amazing that they could issue a statement like this, and not make ONE WORD mention of what it's going to mean for their paying members... refunds???  alternate accommodations???  Nothing....???

It's bad enough that a private business can get away with operating this way in Thailand. But it's even worse that, apparently, the government regulators (government Consumer Protection agency and Consumer Protection Police) are silent when these kinds of abuses occur.

Agreed.  There's little chance of a potential buyer honouring current subscriptions.

But I definitely wouldn't subscribe to anything in LOS.  

31 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well at least there won't be so many of these overmuscled freaks around

There are hardly any Thai "overmuscled freaks". Personally I've never ever seen one. 

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

True, there are fitness parks with exercise machines all over Thailand, where you can exercise at your own leisure, instead

of pumping iron for hours and ending up overweight like Arnie and Stallone.

Arnie and Stallone aren't overweight, they are buffed to the max. And you don't get to their size lifting weights naturally, only way is with a lot of different roids in conjunction with lifting.

27 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

I might have to patent this idea as you can jog around the block, do some press ups and star jumps for free in the comfort of your own home.  

That won't help you get muscles and gain any real size. Don't think the value of your intellectual property will be worth anything. The patent lawyers fees would cost a fortune though!

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

There are hardly any Thai "overmuscled freaks". Personally I've never ever seen one. 

Arnie and Stallone aren't overweight, they are buffed to the max. And you don't get to their size lifting weights naturally, only way is with a lot of different roids in conjunction with lifting.

Plus good genetics... 

For possum everyone is over muscled.. he is one of those skinny guys with a complex.

30 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Meanwhile in the anals of Ramkgamheang FBT fitness has been operating for decades.

Personally I'm not into anal, I'm straight and only like the other hole that a woman has. But whatever floats people's boat... lol

36 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

They are overweight, even when they were in their prime, muscle weighs more than fat, and both of them were just like other overmuscled guys, unnatural.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

They are overweight, even when they were in their prime, muscle weighs more than fat, and both of them were just like other overmuscled guys, unnatural.

Overweight - no

Unnatural - yes, they are using all type of roids

When peeps talk about someone being overweight, they mean that they have too much fat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overweight

"Overweight is having more body fat than is optimally healthy. Being overweight is common especially where food supplies are plentiful and lifestyles are sedentary."

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You would notify your credit card company and lodge a complaint. The card company will refund you the money.

Thats why credit cards are not accepted i bet :)

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Overweight - no

Unnatural - yes, they are using all type of roids

When peeps talk about someone being overweight, they mean that they have too much fat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overweight

"Overweight is having more body fat than is optimally healthy. Being overweight is common especially where food supplies are plentiful and lifestyles are sedentary."

Overweight is overweight no matter how it is dressed up, the guy who pumps iron and uses steroids, and the fat tattooed sex monger with the drink problem, it doesn't 

matter, it is self inflicted and unnatural, although a small minority are overweight through health problems.

I would bet that Arnie and Stallone are a good bit heavier than me, and I'm a good bit taller than them. As I said it is self inflicted.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Got my own gym with powerrack bench, plates, barbell, and flooring, a lat pully, a machine for dips and a rowing maching, stepper, iron master dumbells up to 120 lbs and some other stuff.. Not cheap but kept me training and been using it 8 years now so i got part of my money out of it.

This is definitely the way to go if you have the space.  My one worry is that if I have an accident of some sort, there'll be no one else around to help.  

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Overweight is overweight no matter how it is dressed up, the guy who pumps iron and uses steroids, and the fat tattooed sex monger with the drink problem, it doesn't 

matter, it is self inflicted and unnatural, although a small minority are overweight through health problems.

I would bet that Arnie and Stallone are a good bit heavier than me, and I'm a good bit taller than them. As I said it is self inflicted.

You've definitely got a unique way of thinking about the word "overweight" compared to what others think :) Everyone of the same height must weight a very similar weight or they would be overweight or underweight. So what is the "normal weight" for someone who is 183cm (6 foot) meant to weigh?

5 minutes ago, fishbrando said:

This is definitely the way to go if you have the space.  My one worry is that if I have an accident of some sort, there'll be no one else around to help.  

That is a real good point, I have had an accident back in the Netherlands I was doing sets with 100kg bench and I did not make the 8th rep. I was lucky that someone was downstairs.. called in someone else and the 2 of them got the weight off. Now with my powerrack I can place spotter bars (not perfect but it helps) However after years of training I know how much i can lift and just don't risk it at the last rep (if im unsure).

A home gym is nice if you have the space, the money and intent to stay here a long time else its really uneconomical. 

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

You've definitely got a unique way of thinking about the word "overweight" compared to what others think :) Everyone of the same height must weight a very similar weight or they would be overweight or underweight. So what is the "normal weight" for someone who is 183cm (6 foot) meant to weigh?

I am 185cm, and I weigh 77.3Ks,  Arnie is around 5ft7ins and Stallone around 5ft6ins, and I would bet they are a bit heavier than me.

Archived