Harbor master: South Pattaya port improvements on track to be finished by October

webfact

Harbor master: South Pattaya port improvements on track to be finished by October

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

PATTAYA: -- The Pattaya harbor master has said that he expects improvements being made to the port in South Pattaya to be finished by October.

Full operational use of the port by boats will begin in November.

The area is being developed as an "international park".

Ekarat Khantharo was speaking after a meeting called to explain the redevelopment of the area that was attended by military men, local police reps and dozens of operators of boat services.

Ekarat set the time frame for work as five months. Some 97 million baht has been allocated for the reorganization and beautification of the area.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-09

International Park.

Sounds like a good thing.  I always wondered if and where a vagabond sailing craft from (for example) Oregon could moor up in Pattaya without hocking the boat to pay daily slip fees.  Not to mention clearing customs and immigration.

Sadly, I'm not expecting great things from the International Park.  I hope they prove me wrong.

A proper run marina could bring huge earnings to the city if managed properly. Unfortunately we are suffering from so many types of "mafias" that the "dream" will remain just that, a dream. Such a shame it could be a world class marina.

Edited by just.a.thought