Weigh Machines Outside 7-11.

NoshowJones

I wonder how reliable these weigh machines are. I weighed myself yesterday at my local Tesco Express, and was exactly 78Ks, I was shocked, I am never much more than 77Ks, so

today I weighed myself at the 7-11 up the road and was 77.3Ks, I went straight back and weighed myself again at Tesco, and was still 78Ks.

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Go and find one of these antiques :biggrin:

005.jpg

Seriously: they ARE accurate.

We have an age old model in the village health center.

They can't be accurate, 7Ks difference between about two mins.

23 minutes ago, Sandman77 said:

Claim your money back and 7 !this mashine using cheap technologies and never show exact weights!
My advice go to next pharmacy and kept the 1 baht in your poket !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

I was not at a pharmacy, it was one of these machines outside some convenient stores.

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

They can't be accurate, 7Ks difference between about two mins.

No way.

Must be heavily broken or you refer to something else or ...

well, think about it.

This type has been used for decades at clinics/doctors.

Might be 50 years old but I bet it will be more accurate than those 7/11 gadgets.

k_5_21112013_f_019.jpg

40 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

they are mostly accurate in my view, i weigh myself usually every single day ( just to get rid of the 1 baht ) 

99% of the time i find they are accurate

My experience as well. Standing exactly in the middle and not (unintentionally) putting more weight on one leg also helps.

Edited by wump

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

No way.

Must be heavily broken or you refer to something else or ...

well, think about it.

This type has been used for decades at clinics/doctors.

Might be 50 years old but I bet it will be more accurate than those 7/11 gadgets.

k_5_21112013_f_019.jpg

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

The ones outside 7-Eleven are meant to be less accurate than those outside Family Mart during weekdays but more accurate on weekends.

Whys that?

22 minutes ago, wump said:

My experience as well. Standing exactly in the middle and not (unintentionally) putting more weight on one leg also helps.

"putting more weight on one leg also helps."  Helps what?

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I went straight back and weighed myself again at Tesco, and was still 78Ks.

Possibly Jeremy Corbyn fiddled with the one at Tesco.

I think to get an accurate reading you should go from one to the other ten times in succession, recording the results for each of the 10 x 2 trials. Add them up and divide by 20. Once you get the result find someone who cares.

Edited by Suradit69

Oh no the horror :shock1: 700grams difference between the machines! Are you sure you stood on exactly the same spot on the machines? If you stand on a different spot, that could affect the results. Alternatively, did you drink or eat anything or poop or piss or sweat during the time between those two weigh-ins?

Edited by bbi1

They are probably as good as the blood pressure machines in dental clinics and hospitals. It depends on how often each machine is calibrated.

A few years ago, I blew a blood pressure machine in a dental clinic here sky high. I knew my blood pressure was OK, as I had it measured with a sphygmomanometer a couple of days previously. When I looked at the back of the machine, it had not been calibrated for 7 years.

15 hours ago, pumpjack said:

they are mostly accurate in my view, i weigh myself usually every single day ( just to get rid of the 1 baht ) 

99% of the time i find they are accurate

You are finding they are precise. In other words, they give the same reading day after day.

You can't know if they are accurate unless you use one immediately after calibration.

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Possibly Jeremy Corbyn fiddled with the one at Tesco.

I think to get an accurate reading you should go from one to the other ten times in succession, recording the results for each of the 10 x 2 trials. Add them up and divide by 20. Once you get the result find someone who cares.

Wrong. Your procedure is determining the precision of each instrument, not the accuracy.

15 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

They are probably as good as the blood pressure machines in dental clinics and hospitals. It depends on how often each machine is calibrated.

A few years ago, I blew a blood pressure machine in a dental clinic here sky high. I knew my blood pressure was OK, as I had it measured with a sphygmomanometer a couple of days previously. When I looked at the back of the machine, it had not been calibrated for 7 years.

A blood pressure machine at a dental clinic??? What the hell? lol. Why would a dental clinic need it? Personally never ever seen one at a dental clinic.

You're not supposed to blow into a blood pressure machine, no wonder it didn't work correctly. It's not a breathalyser for testing your blood alcohol levels :shock1:

Easy to determine the accuracy of weigh machines.

Go into the adjacent convenience store and purchase 10 x 1 litre water bottles. Take them outside to the machine and weigh them. Should be 10.25 kg.

Having determined the accuracy of your chosen machine, you must now take off all your clothes and stand naked in a stationery position on the machine for at least 10 seconds. Standing on one leg, with arms stretched out horizontal, will add to the artistic appeal of the Facebook videos of you that are about to go viral.

Just make sure nobody has nicked your water bottles whilst you are the centre of attraction.

22 minutes ago, electric said:

Having determined the accuracy of your chosen machine, you must now take off all your clothes and stand naked in a stationery position on the machine for at least 10 seconds. Standing on one leg, with arms stretched out horizontal, will add to the artistic appeal of the Facebook videos of you that are about to go viral.

Just make sure nobody has nicked your water bottles whilst you are the centre of attraction.

Please don't do this. You don't want to give the kids who are walking by bad nightmares plus nobody wants to see how small your pecker is.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

A blood pressure machine at a dental clinic??? What the hell? lol. Why would a dental clinic need it? Personally never ever seen one at a dental clinic.

You're not supposed to blow into a blood pressure machine, no wonder it didn't work correctly. It's not a breathalyser for testing your blood alcohol levels :shock1:

Possibly the dentists think it could be measuring anxiety levels for incoming patients. There's one at the dental clinics in Ram Hospital and Rajavej Hospital in CM.

Thank you for the very useful advice. I must follow your posts  more carefully to see if you have any other gems of wisdom in the dross of TV.