Cat lovers file animal cruelty complaint over YouTube video

snoop1130

Just now, Nickymaster said:

Uuh. Children logic. How about this? It is all wrong! And the majority of Thailand will agree.

Sorry Mr Master, I don't understand your post.  Is there any logic (children or otherwise) to it?  What is all wrong? Dogs cause accidents? Dogs spread diseases? I'm not sure why the majority of Thailand would agree.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mr Master, I don't understand your post.  Is there any logic (children or otherwise) to it?  What is all wrong? Dogs cause accidents? Dogs spread diseases? I'm not sure why the majority of Thailand would agree.

Hint: u said Thais don't see anything wrong with suffering..

14 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thais cannot see anything wrong with the suffering of packs of wild dogs scavenging for food; spreading disease; causing traffic accidents;

Above is what I said.  I will qualify it for Mr Master.  The majority of Thais do not see the suffering of the soi dogs.  The majority of Thais do not even see these dogs unless they become a nuisance and bite or disturb their sleep.  Then they stoop to the final solution of poison.

If the majority of Thais cared there would be an outcry and call for the Government or local authority to enforce sterilisation.

As there is no such outcry, I conclude, logically, that the majority of Thais do not care.  The subject of this thread has come about because a tiny group objected to cats being filmed fighting scorpions.  Meanwhile the much bigger topic of roaming wild dogs is not touched upon.  That's logic. 

I swear this kid has one of the most punchable faces. Also all of his comments are in Thai pretty much, and I was expecting him to be very well versed in Thai, however it seems he still has a strong Wester accent and his Thai doesn't seem that complex, more along the lines of '8 year old Thai' 

It seems to me like the scorpion (who "won") was the one at a disadvantage. With each of the two cats probably 100x bigger than the scorpion (who never tried to sting them), they were doing just fine and kept going back for more. 

2 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

Are you serious?

Woof

At least he has a a dog to play with his cat  ;)

Her English is on par with these issan bar girl wife's you guys have 

As the moron speaks fluent Thai why does it matter that his partner doesn't speak much English?

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guess he´s working here, due to that he´s filming, producing and making money out of it. I just hope the guy have a WP, otherwise that´s a way to get rid of the dead meat.

Actually there are no laws against making Youtube videos and obtaining Ad revenue from it within Thailand. When you register for an Google Adsense account (which is who pays Youtbers) you have to select the country you are located in. Thailand doesn't have any tax requirements for receiving Adsense revenue either. 

6 minutes ago, JustNo said:

Actually there are no laws against making Youtube videos and obtaining Ad revenue from it within Thailand. When you register for an Google Adsense account (which is who pays Youtbers) you have to select the country you are located in. Thailand doesn't have any tax requirements for receiving Adsense revenue either. 

Very naive answer! Even if it´s not stated specifically in the law and the rules, you are totally wrong. Everyone that resides in Thailand over 180 days per year is eligible for paying tax in the country on the money that they recieve. If you receive money outside of a pension payed from another government, it´s considered as an income from work done. Didn´t think about that one, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Very naive answer! Even if it´s not stated specifically in the law and the rules, you are totally wrong. Everyone that resides in Thailand over 180 days per year is eligible for paying tax in the country on the money that they recieve. If you receive money outside of a pension payed from another government, it´s considered as an income from work done. Didn´t think about that one, I guess.

I think, but not sure, if the income exceeds a certain amount then you will have to do that. But as usual this country has a huge amount of grey areas. There are so many people who live here on Tourist visas and make Youtube videos, and the government, if they were smart, would make a specific visa for digital nomads. That way things can be regulated and taxed effectively. As of now if you were to setup and Adsene account for Thailand, they would require zero information for taxes needed 

Good, I hope he gets prosecuted and kicked out as an undesirable; and YouTube should be demonetising his channel, if they haven't done so already; do advertisers really want to be associated with this animal abusing, Thai debasing, moronic mormon.

7 hours ago, JustNo said:

I think, but not sure, if the income exceeds a certain amount then you will have to do that. But as usual this country has a huge amount of grey areas. There are so many people who live here on Tourist visas and make Youtube videos, and the government, if they were smart, would make a specific visa for digital nomads. That way things can be regulated and taxed effectively. As of now if you were to setup and Adsene account for Thailand, they would require zero information for taxes needed 

No, you can open a Paypal account without questions too. Sure, but that was not the point. The point was that he is doing work and he can not do that without a WP. That there are many people living here doing the same, is no excuse niether is it a reason that makes it less illegal. What they should do, but not have done about visas is not relevant either. Point you right back to my first post, and unknowingly with your last comment you have just told me it was right.

On 2017-6-9 at 8:12 PM, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

The problem is not being vegan or not. The problem us being AWARE that eating living creatures implies suffering/death. If every carnivore would be fully aware that his steak was a great living creature 2 days before im cool with people eating other living souls.

Give me a break!

On 6/10/2017 at 1:45 PM, JustNo said:

It doesn't matter if you shoot film for youtube or the cinema.  If you work on a production and are a foreigner, you must have filming permits and a government minder.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it yet but those black scorpions, assuming it's the Thai forest variety and not something imported from Africa or bought from Chatuchak market, aren't very venomous.  A sting on a human wouldn't be much worse than a few red ant bites, it might cause some discomfort to a cat, but not much discomfort.  Also the black scorpions are docile, I found one on Koh Lanta and handled it for about an hour, let it crawl over my arm, tapped its tail repeatedly etc; it never showed any interest in stinging me. 

It's the brown Thai scorpions (which are much smaller) that are more venomous.  I was stung by one of those and the pain was sharp, comparable to a wasp sting, maybe a little worse.  Subsided within 2-3 hours.  Some people have to be hospitalised for the brown scorpion stings but I think that must be that they have had a bad reaction.

Better not to draw attention to yourself if you are living somewhere on a tourist visa or visa exempts, so I hope he's not on that type of visa.  If he's got a work permit for his 'day-job', even if it doesn't correlate with these videos, this might blow over.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:01 PM, JustNo said:

Actually it is A LOT more than that. I have experience with Youtube and on average you can say that someone will make $2 per 1,000 views.. he gets easily 1 million views per video. So that is $2,000 per video and thats not to mention sponsorships, affiliate marketing etc; from the Adsense alone he will be bringing in 2k per video at the very least. So your estimate of 25k per year can be increased 10 fold at least. I wouldn't be surprised if he made $500,000 in the past year alone 

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC7rtE7hSTaC8xDf5v_7O1qQ

Serious earning potential...