"My Mate Nate" under investigation - police want to know is he working legally and paying taxes

rooster59

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, tomwct said:

I agree deport him! He's not retired or over 50. What type of visa does he have? Good folks In Bad Folks Out. Time to return to Utah!

What he did moronic and cruel but some of these comments questioning his visa status are just plain idiotic.

Thailand isn't exclusively for Western pensioners and over-50s. It's not a retirement home.

Lots of young Westerners live here too - many on Elite visas - and with far bigger pots to piss in than the typical retiree holed up in Isaan with no options.

On 12/06/2017 at 4:15 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

Why anyone who is not brain sick would pay any tax in this country ? Or anywhere else actually !

Agreed, why the hell should we pay taxes for luxuries such as infrastructure, education, health care, law and order, defence etc. ... society has no use for them.

Note I take no responsibility for the quality of said examples.

They worry about the cat and and talk about prison, but they do not care about the fate of the three killed cyclists, whose killer is released on bail

Stupid and crazy people...

120,000 of them know how to use the Internet and change.org

Edited by crazyawm

On 6/16/2017 at 7:26 PM, 1SteveC said:

Work permits are pretty specific, it would seem that "Nate" has spread his wings far beyond his legal remit.

Possibly. It's pretty simple to add to your work permit if you have an agency / lawyer doing it. Time will tell if Nate crossed his Ts and dotted his Is.

Though, if they really want him they will grass him elsewhere. 

Edited by dcnx

On 11/06/2017 at 0:30 PM, Muggi1968 said:

I work in Thailand
I have a workpermit
I pay tax...

Why should these people be on a free ride ??

You chose a relaxed, developing country with a low cost of living, easy chicks, etc. Low taxes too. 

Intrinsically linked with that is relaxed laws / lack of enforcement, apparent randomess in policy, people slipping through the cracks, etc. 

39 minutes ago, jspill said:

You chose a relaxed, developing country with a low cost of living, easy chicks, etc. Low taxes too. 

Intrinsically linked with that is relaxed laws / lack of enforcement, apparent randomess in policy, people slipping through the cracks, etc. 

Well that's your view of life.

For my Thai son, his Thai wife and their three kids I want law enforcement.

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well that's your view of life.

Of course, so do I, but when we willingly choose to build a life and family in a country 2/3rds of the way down the global corruption index we can't act surprised when laws don't get enforced.

Not sure what you mean 'view of life' it's just a fact it's a developing country, people come here for cheap lifestyle and easy chicks, if they wanted first world standards on laws too they could've tried Hong Kong or similar. 

Edited by jspill

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Law enforcement Thailand - Shipping time approx 50 years.

For immediate collection move 11,400km heading -40deg.

17 minutes ago, jspill said:

Of course, so do I, but when we willingly choose to build a life and family in a country 2/3rds of the way down the global corruption index we can't act surprised when laws don't get enforced.

Not sure what you mean 'view of life' it's just a fact it's a developing country, people come here for cheap lifestyle and easy chicks, if they wanted first world standards on laws too they could've tried Hong Kong or similar. 

Yes but then they'd need money for that, wouldn't they?