MS Office won't work in Win10 - any clues?

t8769

Unless you actually use Office and then you'll quickly get rid of Libre and get a copy of Office (from this decade).

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Libre is great, I use it all the time.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

I'm actually still using an old version of Word from 2002 but don't get that problem. Don't see any need to update if you're familiar with it and it still works.
Looks like someone else posted up your loss of focus problem in 2014 here (link) on the Microsoft forums but no solution was forthcoming, so it is a known problem.

19 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Unless you actually use Office and then you'll quickly get rid of Libre and get a copy of Office (from this decade).

Agree entirely. I was being somewhat sardonic as I feel this thread is akin to knocking ones head against a wall whilst trapped in a troll fest.

Final suggestion to o/p reformat all PC's and reinstall Win10 and Office 2003 from original install media. If it doesn't work he/she may finally agree with Microsoft's own notice on their own web sites that Office 2003 is not supported in Win10 - end of.

Edited by MJKT2014

Thanks for the helpful suggestions

>knocking ones head against a wall whilst trapped in a troll fest.

Yes, trolls and aggressive people are a daily hazard on TV, but we persevere.

I'm actually still using an old version of Word from 2002 but don't get that problem. Don't see any need to update if you're familiar with it and it still works.
Looks like someone else posted up your loss of focus problem in 2014 here (link) on the Microsoft forums but no solution was forthcoming, so it is a known problem.

That's fine if you never share files with anyone who uses up-to-date software, but there are often issues when converted to xml based Office formats.

I'm responsible for the creation, design and development of thousands of Office documents every year and while most of my clients do use current Windows/Office combos, the few that don't (primarily Mac users and pre-XML Office) often have issues. Strangely, Mac's erratic support of PNG files is the most problematic issue.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2017 at 9:09 AM, MJKT2014 said:

Final suggestion to o/p reformat all PC's and reinstall Win10 and Office 2003 from original install media. If it doesn't work he/she may finally agree with Microsoft's own notice on their own web sites that Office 2003 is not supported in Win10 - end of.

A variation on the theme, why not create a virtual install of Win10 and Office 2003 and test.  

Oracle Virtual Box

VMWare

QEMU (Linux host)

Microsoft Hyper-V