Govt poised to extend internet access to over 20,000 villages

webfact

Govt poised to extend internet access to over 20,000 villages

BANGKOK, 12 June 2017 (NNT) - The Ministry of the Digital Economy and Society plans to extend internet access to more than 20,000 villages within the year. 

Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of the Digital Economy and Society, Gp. Capt Somsak Khaosuwan revealed today that he had observed the progress of the Pracharat internet expansion project in 15 provinces, including Chaiyaphum, Phrae, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi. 

Gp. Capt Somsak has also traveled to different communities to assess the efficiency of the internet system and seek opinions and feedback on the project from residents. 

The Ministry of the Digital Economy and Society has since early this year offered internet access to 99 communities and expects to provide similar services to another 24,700 communities by December.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-12

I live in a village near Phitsanulok and get 3BB internet, 10Mbs for Bht 599. There are BIG posters everywhere saying 30Mbs via wdsl for Bht599. My house is 150 metres too far away from the box to implement the faster system. P..sed off!

Another article showing how totally out of touch with reality these people are. They have been talking about how all these villages will get internet for ages, but clearly do not have the first clue about the logistics of doing so. Less than hundred villages in 6 months? and 24,700 to go. Snail mail will be continuing in tens of thousands more villages for the foreseeable future then.

I live in a village near Phitsanulok and get 3BB internet, 10Mbs for Bht 599. There are BIG posters everywhere saying 30Mbs via wdsl for Bht599. My house is 150 metres too far away from the box to implement the faster system. P..sed off!

Unlucky. I gave uo with TOT and their knotted cooper string. When I put it in a few years ago it was great, but over the last year or so it has slowed to a crawl. 3BB, I get up to 50Mbps for ThB 749 (typically 42↓, 15↑). I'm about 250 metres from their box.

In northern Surin province 3BB hung their cable to our village already last year but is still waiting to find 5-10 households in every village until they put up an exchange box and connect. TOT came yesterday with their cable, I asked them and they said they were commisiioned by our amphur and should be ready "in about a month". I'm waiting since 7 years to get decent Internet. 3BB here will lose out to the government initiated project.