Islamic State calls for attacks in West, Russia, Middle East, Asia during Ramadan

webfact

Islamic State calls for attacks in West, Russia, Middle East, Asia during Ramadan

tag-reuters-1.jpg

FILE PHOTO: A member of the Iraqi rapid response forces walks past a wall painted with the black flag commonly used by Islamic State militants, at a hospital damaged by clashes during a battle between Iraqi forces and Islamic State militants in the Wahda district of eastern Mosul, Iraq, January 8, 2017. REUTERS/Alaa Al-Marjani/File Photo

CAIRO (Reuters) - An audio message purporting to come from the spokesman of Islamic State called on followers to launch attacks in the United States, Europe, Russia, Australia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, and the Philippines during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which began in late May.

The audio clip was distributed on Monday on Islamic State's channel on Telegram, an encrypted messaging application. It was attributed to the militant group's official spokesman, Abi al-Hassan al-Muhajer.

The authenticity of the recording could not be independently verified, but the voice was the same as a previous audio message purported to be from the spokesman.

"O lions of Mosul, Raqqa, and Tal Afar, God bless those pure arms and bright faces, charge against the rejectionists and the apostates and fight them with the strength of one man," said al-Muhajer. Rejectionist is a derogatory term used to refer to Shi'ite Muslims.

"To the brethren of faith and belief in Europe, America, Russia, Australia, and others. Your brothers in your land have done well so take them as role models and do as they have done."

(Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Ahmed Aboulenein; Editing by Alison Williams)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-13

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

The religion of peace once again showing how poorly named it is. I wonder if the weasel that made this hate filled speech ever pops up out of his hole to risk his own miserable neck?

He is probably sitting in his 4 bedroom luxury house on Luton, England dreaming this up

9 minutes ago, esprit said:

He is probably sitting in his 4 bedroom luxury house on Luton, England dreaming this up

the sad thing is, you could be right 

30 minutes ago, esprit said:

Excdept when he ventures out to collect all his Family credit, dole money, and all the other handouts....

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

The religion of peace once again showing how poorly named it is. I wonder if the weasel that made this hate filled speech ever pops up out of his hole to risk his own miserable neck?

Yes, more cultural enrichment heading our way, I'm afraid, brought to you by the RoP with support from the likes of CNN and the BBC.

21 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'd never thought I was racist; I never thought I was against any religion then along comes ISIS.

I'm from Manchester and have changed my views recently.  I condone the above post.

ISIS practices an extreme form of Islam. ISIS was formed in part because ISIS' leaders consider al-qaeda (sp?) to not be strict enough in its enforcement of Islamic tenets. So I think you're beliefs are more political in nature than religious.  

Here is a link referring to a Muslim group not in favor of recent actions which were extreme.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/14/pakistani-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-honour-killings

7 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

ISIS practices an extreme form of Islam. ISIS was formed in part because ISIS' leaders consider al-qaeda (sp?) to not be strict enough in its enforcement of Islamic tenets. So I think you're beliefs are more political in nature than religious.  

Here is a link referring to a Muslim group not in favor of recent actions which were extreme.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/14/pakistani-clerics-issue-fatwa-against-honour-killings

Actually, Isis' form of religion is virtually identical to that practiced and promulgated by Saudi Arabia. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/opinion/saudi-arabia-an-isis-that-has-made-it.html

36 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'd never thought I was racist; I never thought I was against any religion then along comes ISIS.

I'm from Manchester and have changed my views recently.  I condone the above post.

46 minutes ago, steven100 said:

kill them all. They are like soi dogs .... just vermin to eradicate ....:shock1:

I rescued a soi dog. She has brought joy to my life - it is wrong to compare these animals to IS, who spit hate everywhere outside their own.   

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

I rescued a soi dog. She has brought joy to my life - it is wrong to compare these animals to IS, who spit hate everywhere outside their own.   

But you see by Steven100's logic since there are a few bad soi dogs, they must all be exterminated.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"O lions of Mosul, Raqqa, and Tal Afar, God bless those pure arms and bright faces, charge against the rejectionists and the apostates and fight them with the strength of one man,"

"Hello Kitties of rock piles, sand heaps, and dust bins, God bless you for being idiots who die for us, charge and fight and die and blow yourselves up because you are useless for any thing else, you brainwashed morons."

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

But you see by Steven100's logic since there are a few bad soi dogs, they must all be exterminated.

Like all the non believers must be exterminated like Fermin.

i am sorry  my friend but the only way to fight these clowns is by using their terror tactics against them, adjusted to meet a level of civilisation.

did you see the Iraqi army had caught some of these clowns recently, tied their hands behind their backs and shot them in the head leaving them to rot in the sun. Now compare that to what we would do, ten years in a cell given 3 hot meals a day  and all that they desired so as not to upset their human rights. Let them out after serving their time only for us liberals and foolish so called pop stars to be forced to stand like a complete w***ers holding a candle and singing some inane song when they go and blow themselves (and many innocent others) up in the misguided belief they will get a handful of virgins to **ck in heaven ( this is from the religion who seem to hate women) 

argh I give up. 

"O lions of Mosul, Raqqa, and Tal Afar, God bless those pure arms and bright faces, charge against the rejectionists and the apostates and fight them with the strength of one man," said al-Muhajer. Rejectionist is a derogatory term used to refer to Shi'ite Muslims."

"with the strength of one man"? Just one man. All those fighters have to share the strength of just one man? Either they need better writers or something got lost in the translation.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Like all the non believers must be exterminated like Fermin.

i am sorry  my friend but the only way to fight these clowns is by using their terror tactics against them, adjusted to meet a level of civilisation.

did you see the Iraqi army had caught some of these clowns recently, tied their hands behind their backs and shot them in the head leaving them to rot in the sun. Now compare that to what we would do, ten years in a cell given 3 hot meals a day  and all that they desired so as not to upset their human rights. Let them out after serving their time only for us liberals and foolish so called pop stars to be forced to stand like a complete w***ers holding a candle and singing some inane song when they go and blow themselves (and many innocent others) up in the misguided belief they will get a handful of virgins to **ck in heaven ( this is from the religion who seem to hate women) 

argh I give up. 

Actually, as far as my commentary on steven100's statement goes, it was probably my misinterpretation. Because of the proximity of his post to one that seemed to condemn Islam, I assumed he was referring to all Muslims.  I was probably wrong about that. I certainly hope so.

2 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Here, I've got an even stricter interpretation of Islam.  I challenge them to adhere to it:

>>>>  ban sex with women because it involves women's bodily fluids.

>>>>  Kill women the day after they start menstration - for same reason as above.

>>>>  All men and women are soiled and evil because they come out of a woman's body and are covered with a woman's bodily fluids.  Kill them all.

>>>>  Kill all aid workers who vaccinate children against infectious diseases.  

>>>>  quit using all inventions by apostates including refrigeration, internet, phones, electric motors, rifles, and all types of engines.  

There.  My interpretation of Islam is more strict that both Al Qaeda's and ISIS's, so it is the only correct type of Islam.  Death to all other types.   

3 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

From the above article..........

"Being Muslims, we aspire for peace in the whole world and desire progress, prosperity and welfare for all of humanity," Hussain said.

and.......

"Killing anyone is the greatest sin in Islam, and those using the name of religion for violence are damaging our religion," said Maulana Asad Ullah, a seminary teacher in Peshawar.

Then please tell that to the thousands of persecuted Christians in your country.............

12 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

"Being Muslims, we aspire for peace in the whole world and desire progress, prosperity and welfare for all of humanity," Hussain said.

and.......

"Killing anyone is the greatest sin in Islam, and those using the name of religion for violence are damaging our religion," said Maulana Asad Ullah, a seminary teacher in Peshawar.

Then please tell that to the thousands of persecuted Christians in your country.............

I think the Shiites actually have it worse.

28 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

and.......

The OP talks to a group opposed to a conservative version of Islam, Deobandi. Members of the group have been murdered by Islamists, as have other Pakistanis speaking out again Islamist ideology. Personally I view them as brave citizens, putting their lives on the line who should be respected, not  mocked.

Edited by simple1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The OP talks to a group opposed to a conservative version of Islam, Deobandi. Members of the group have been murdered by Islamists, as have other Pakistanis speaking out again Islamist ideology. Personally I view them as brave citizens, putting their lives on the line who should be respected, not  mocked.

I believe the Deobandi are a Sufi sect.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I believe the Deobandi are a Sufi sect.

The Deobandis are referred to as 'Wahhabis' by their opponents — the Barelvis and the Shias. In reality, they are not Wahhabis, even though they share many of their beliefs. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deobandi

Sufi don't only practice spirituality / mysticism, they also have a reputation as warriors.

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The Deobandis are referred to as 'Wahhabis' by their opponents — the Barelvis and the Shias. In reality, they are not Wahhabis, even though they share many of their beliefs. 

Sufi don't only practice spirituality / mysticism, they also have a reputation as warriors.

It turns out that it was originally a Sufi school but has now been co-opted by Wahhabism.

Deoband's curriculum combined the study of Islamic scriptures (Qur'an, Hadith and Law) with rational subjects (logic, philosophy and science). At the same time it was Sufi in orientation and affiliated with the Chisti order. Its Sufism however, was closely integrated with Hadith scholarship and the proper legal practice of Islam.[6]

According to Qari Muhammad Tayyib — the 8th rector or Mohtamim of the Darul Uloom Deoband who died in 1983 — "the Ulema of Deoband ... in conduct ... are Sufis, ... in Sulook they are Chisti [a sufi order] .... They are initiates of the Chistiyyah, Naqshbandiya, Qadriyah and Suhrawardiyya Sufi orders.”[28][30][31][32]

Why Do Extremists Kill During Ramadan?

It astonishes me that religious extremists choose to kill during one of Islam’s holy months, Ramadan. As a young counter-terrorism analyst, I have been asked every Ramadan to explain why religious-based violence occurs and increases during the sacred month of fasting. According to devout Muslims, there is no justification for fighting during any one of the four sacred months ordained for worship. But extremists ignore this ruling in Islam and scale up their attacks.

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It would have been a plausible explanation, if only crime rates weren't going up as well during Ramadan, same with domestic violence, verbal abuse and displays of intolerance. Could be the dietary regime, I dunno. But all this BS about Ramadan being a peaceful month is rubbish. Probably different in Western countries, but generally speaking it's ain't a particularly pleasant time of year. Apart from the evening meal thing, which is nice.

6 hours ago, Morch said:

It would have been a plausible explanation, if only crime rates weren't going up as well during Ramadan, same with domestic violence, verbal abuse and displays of intolerance. Could be the dietary regime, I dunno. But all this BS about Ramadan being a peaceful month is rubbish. Probably different in Western countries, but generally speaking it's ain't a particularly pleasant time of year. Apart from the evening meal thing, which is nice.

Why is that? People are grouchy because they're hungry?