Ex-NBA player Rodman expected to arrive in North Korea on Tuesday - CNN

webfact

Ex-NBA player Rodman expected to arrive in North Korea on Tuesday - CNN

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Former NBA basketball player Dennis Rodman speaks to the media after returning from his trip to North Korea at Beijing airport, December 23, 2013. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former National Basketball Association player Dennis Rodman is expected to arrive in North Korea on Tuesday for a trip the U.S. State Department said is not an official U.S. visit, CNN reported on Monday.

Rodman, who has met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on past trips to Pyongyang, declined to answer questions when he was seen by CNN reporters at Beijing International Airport, the network said.

In 2013, Rodman visited North Korea to film a television documentary with representatives of the Harlem Globetrotters celebrity team and called the leader of the reclusive country "an awesome kid."

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-13

1 hour ago, VillageIdiot said:

Dennis Rodman likes to play the clown, just as Muhammad Ali once did.

Some comic relief might be what this situation needs most.

'Can't argue about the "comic" part.  I wonder how hard starving N Koreans laugh ...   Oh wait, that's the west's fault for not giving into to fatboy's intimidation and sending more aid money...

On 2017-6-13 at 5:19 AM, gk10002000 said:

good for him.  If he likes it so much, let him stay there.

Ah yes, take the opportunity to revoke his passport and leave the dick there. 

As an Aussie, there was a time when I was prohibited from visiting some other countries.  Because of the armistice in Nth Korea (technically still at war) this was one of the countries.  Will someone explain to me why so many US citizens are arrested in Nth Korea? Why does  the US State Dept? allow entry, knowing that diplomatic problems often occur.

I know most of the culprits who visit are religious nutters but does a former athletic nutter get some special exemption.