My Mate Money: Cartoonist Onan Hiroshi skewers My Mate Nate without saying a word

snoop1130

My Mate Money: Cartoonist Onan Hiroshi skewers My Mate Nate without saying a word

By Coconuts Bangkok

65.JPG

Oops, he did it again. Bangkok-based political and social cartoonist Onan Hiroshi had another message for his 68,000 Facebook fans this week. And, like many of his cartoon musings, this one has (and needs) no words.

The subject of his skewering doesn’t even appear in the frame but no one would have any trouble guessing that this is a comment on much-maligned YouTuber My Mate Nate.

The dude has been at the center of a(nother) scandal this week after forcing his cats to fight a scorpion and filming it while laughing like a madman.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/mate-money-cartoonist-onan-hiroshi-skewers-mate-nate-without-saying-word/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-6-14

Selling your soul for money? There are plenty of people that don't understand what that means. You can do what you like as long as it makes you money......apparently. 

It's a sad world we live in sometimes. 

So... Onan is basically encouraging people to do the same?  I mean , money to be made from you tube! What a good idea! Can't think of any other explanation, since I have never, ever, seen a Thai giving a rat's arse about cruelty to animals. Dogs, snakes, cats: they all wind up maimed or killed in the end, and nobody takes care.

16 hours ago, Bullie said:

So... Onan is basically encouraging people to do the same?  I mean , money to be made from you tube! What a good idea! Can't think of any other explanation, since I have never, ever, seen a Thai giving a rat's arse about cruelty to animals. Dogs, snakes, cats: they all wind up maimed or killed in the end, and nobody takes care.

I beg to differ, I have seen many Thais being kind to animals here, and there many Thai volunteers and groups against animal cruelty here in Thailand. 

And 1 of those groups have filed a complaint against Nate at Huai Khwang Police Station for his video.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

much-maligned YouTuber My Mate Nate

Do the people at "Coconuts" actually have a dictionary? If so, they should have known that "to malign" means "to say false and unpleasant things about someone, or to criticise someone unfairly".

The obnoxious prick has not been maligned.  The criticism he's received has not been in any sense "false" or "unfair", and has been wholly justified.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Do the people at "Coconuts" actually have a dictionary? If so, they should have known that "to malign" means "to say false and unpleasant things about someone, or to criticise someone unfairly".

The obnoxious prick has not been maligned.  The criticism he's received has not been in any sense "false" or "unfair", and has been wholly justified.

its a matter of nuance, and not necessarily incorrect in this sense. you are being pedantic.

8 minutes ago, HooHaa said:
1 hour ago, Oxx said:

its a matter of nuance, and not necessarily incorrect in this sense. you are being pedantic.

I presume that you're not particularly familiar with the English language (or possibly are a Coconuts shill).  Words have meanings.

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I presume that you're not particularly familiar with the English language (or possibly are a Coconuts shill).  Words have meanings.

yes, words have meanings, plural.

webster adds the following for malign -  "to say bad things about (someone or something) publicly".

other dictionaries qualify the definition with "often unfairly".  - note the use of the word often.

now i dont usually make a point of arguing with pedants because they are unable to recognize nuance, but i would certainly suggest you get off of your high horse because language is often fluid and words, their usage, and their meaning change with context. 

have a nice day.