Need Help On Non O Immigrant Visa

I am in the process of applying for my Non O Immigrant visa here in the USA. I spoke with the Consolute office in Denver and they reccommend a multi-entry, and that I can obtain the form from the Thai Embassy Washington DC website. I have the application and I have a few questions about it. I am applying for the non o as my wife and I are relocating to Thailand. She is Thai.

On the top of the form (block 1) it states number of entries requested. If i want a multi entry, do I simply write in there multiple?

Block 4 Purpose of visit. I am relocating, will be applying for a visa once there based on marriage to a thai. So what should i put there for purpose of visit? Date of arrival, does that need to be the exact date? We have not purchased our airline tickets yet, so does that date need to be exact? Length of stay, what do I put there? My intentions are to apply for my yearly visa based on marriage to a thai, so do I put 90 days?

I am new to this game so any help by some more experienced than me is greatly appreciated. I have relied on this forum to help guide me through the Immigration process and I appreciate everyone's assistance.

ncguy

On the top of the form (block 1) it states number of entries requested. If i want a multi entry, do I simply write in there multiple?
A multi allows you as many entries as you want for 1 year and each time you enter the kingdom you get 90 days to stay which means if you time it right by leaving and reentering every 90 days you can get 15 months in the kingdom for a few Visa runs. Is that what you want? A single entry Non Imm 0 will give you one entry and permission to stay for 90 days. You say you will apply for extension to stay with your Thai wife soon after your arrival, so you will need to prove an income of B40,000/month. If that is your intention a single entry Visa should be enough.otherwise with a multi you could take upto 15 months to arrange it.
Block 4 Purpose of visit. I am relocating, will be applying for a visa once there based on marriage to a thai. So what should i put there for purpose of visit? Date of arrival, does that need to be the exact date?
Purpose is to stay with Thai wife, estimate your preferred date of arrival, it doesn't really matter except that you will have to use the Visa within 3 months of date of issue.Length of stay can be 90 days Edited by Mahout Angrit

A multi allows you as many entries as you want for 1 year and each time you enter the kingdom you get 90 days to stay which means if you time it right by leaving and reentering every 90 days you can get 15 months in the kingdom fo e few Visa runs. Is that what you want? A single entry Non Imm 0 will give you one entry and permission to stay for 90 days. You say you will apply for extension to stay with your Thai wife soon after your arrival, so will will need to prove an income of B40,000/month. If that is your intention a single entry Visa should be enough.otherwise with a multi you could take upto 15 months to arrange it.
Block 4 Purpose of visit. I am relocating, will be applying for a visa once there based on marriage to a thai. So what should i put there for purpose of visit? Date of arrival, does that need to be the exact date?
Purpose is to stay with Thai wife, estimate your preferred date of arrival, it doesn't really matter except that you will have to use the Visa within 3 months of date of issue.Lenght of stay can be 90 days

Yes, that is what I intend to do. I have been told by other sources though that if they are offering a multi entry to you, do not pass it down. but my main concern is what do i put in block 1, how many entries I am requesting. I am lost on that and on the other issues I put in my post. I am amware of the 40k baht per month and I meet those requirments. Thanks/ncgy

Yes, that is what I intend to do. I have been told by other sources though that if they are offering a multi entry to you, do not pass it down. but my main concern is what do i put in block 1, how many entries I am requesting. I am lost on that and on the other issues I put in my post. I am amware of the 40k baht per month and I meet those requirments. Thanks/ncgy

The mullti will cost you more but if you dont mind paying for something you are not going to use then go for it. I think you have an old form as they used to issue 1,2,3 entry Visas but now it's single or multiple and the form says write 'S' or 'M'. Suggest you write Multi.

See form downloadable from Thai Embassy London

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visaapplic...rm_internet.pdf

The mullti will cost you more but if you dont mind paying for something you are not going to use then go for it. I think you have an old form as they used to issue 1,2,3 entry Visas but now it's single or multiple and the form says write 'S' or 'M'. Suggest you write Multi.

See form downloadable from Thai Embassy London

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visaapplic...rm_internet.pdf

Thanks for your quick response. I think I will go the single entry route, and yes I must have the old forms. I just simply downloaded it from the Washington DC website, so they may be behind the times. Another question is can I travel neighboring countries while I am awaiting for my marriage visa. also, my pesnion in from the US government, can I get it certified once I get to thailand, or must I so it here in the USA before I leave? thanks again...

I think I will go the single entry route. Another question is can I travel neighboring countries while I am awaiting for my marriage visa.
A single entry will give you just a single entry to the kingdom, if you wish to leave and reenter during the validity of the visa you must apply for a reentry visa at the immigration before you go which will allow to to reenter until the original expiry date. Of course a multiple entry would allow you to come and go as you pleased.
also, my pesnion in from the US government, can I get it certified once I get to thailand, or must I so it here in the USA before I leave?
Sorry you'll have to wait for a countryman of yours to respond to this one.

1. Each Consulate or area will have specific forms to use. If Denver says to use download from Washington that is the form to use. UK forms would not be accepted.

2. Once you make application for extension of stay you can not travel without a re entry permit. The multi entry visa is of no use once you start the extension of stay process (unless you want to start again).

3. The US Embassy is the required certification point for US income. You will need supporting papers (OPM pay slips or such) to show immigration but the notarized statement (fill in blanks) from Embassy is required.

4. Multi, Multiple or M for number of entries if that is what you want. As you easily meet the qualifications there is really no need for the multi entry (people used to get in case they had money movement problems or such under old rules). Reason is visit wife. Stay is 90 days.

5. You probably also have the retirement option, which is 65k pension. This is less paperwork and extension is granted immediately. Same Embassy certification requirement.

1. Each Consulate or area will have specific forms to use. If Denver says to use download from Washington that is the form to use. UK forms would not be accepted.

2. Once you make application for extension of stay you can not travel without a re entry permit. The multi entry visa is of no use once you start the extension of stay process (unless you want to start again).

3. The US Embassy is the required certification point for US income. You will need supporting papers (OPM pay slips or such) to show immigration but the notarized statement (fill in blanks) from Embassy is required.

4. Multi, Multiple or M for number of entries if that is what you want. As you easily meet the qualifications there is really no need for the multi entry (people used to get in case they had money movement problems or such under old rules). Reason is visit wife. Stay is 90 days.

5. You probably also have the retirement option, which is 65k pension. This is less paperwork and extension is granted immediately. Same Embassy certification requirement.

I am only 44, so I do not believe that I can apply for the retirement visa. I am sending off my completed application and the fees to Denver next week, so I will be flying to thailand in the next few weeks. Thanks for all of your help, it is appreciated!!

Hi,

I sent you a message via TV website, but don't know if the system is working. I'd also used it twice to contact "lopburi3" but got no response then either.

The Denver Consulate definitely uses the from from the Washington DC Thai Embassy's site. In the blank at the top where it asks for number of entries just write the word "Multiple". For reason, you can either leave it blank, or write relocation, it matters not.

Send the completed form, your passport, a 2x2 photo, and 125US in a check or money order to;

Royal Thai Consulate General

1123 Auraria Parkway

Suite 200

Denver, CO 80204

If you put a postage prepaid & pre-addressed envelope inside the one you use to send your app, they'll mail it out the same day.

I may be mistaken, but believe the person who issues visa's is named Pat. She's easy to deal with.

Once you're here you'll need to go to the US Embassy and fill out a blank paper which states your income is from the US and is XXX dollars a month. There is no proof needed, it's the honor system, as are many things in the US. They will notarize the paper for about 1200baht and it's what you need for any time you have to show "certified income" from outside the Kingdom.

Tracking a recent Non-O Visa a friend of mine just received from Denver. The FedEx envelope arrived at 11:14am, and was out of their office, on its way back to him at 3:40pm that same day.

The Denver Consulate is a great avenue for people in the US, I wouldn't post about it here much. There is no telling when they may change their scrutiny of applications.

In an aside, two friends just received their Non-O visas from Hull in the UK. They are American, but it matters not your nationality, nor where you get your visa issued. At the end of the day it only matters that you are allowed in to the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Good luck,

ท้อด แดเนียลส์: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Tod Daniels; Krung Thep Mahanakhon

Edited by tod-daniels

#1 is correct. Use the form you get from the Thai Embassy's Washington DC website.

Anything after the first sentence of #3 is not, I repeat NOT correct.

It is true; for US citizens the US Embassy IS the certification point. It is however completely false, that ANY documentation is required to get the notarized letter from the Embassy. Having gotten one last week before Christmas I can say this with certainty. You fill out a blank form letter stating your income, the embassy worker asks you if the information is correct and true and they notarize it. In the US the burden is put upon the person if they provide false information. I believe lopburi3 is confusing the US and UK Embassy requirements. The UK DOES us a 'vetting process', which being an American I am uninterested in. IF you have proof that you receive an income from the US, bring it to the embassy when you go, but in nearly 3 years and over 5 proof of income letters from the US Embassy I have been asked or required to show it 0 times. You will be 'raped' to the tune of nearly 1200 baht to get the notarized letter from our embassy, but just add it to the cost of living in the glorious "Land 'O Thais"

Good luck,

ท้อด แดเนียลส์: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Tod Daniels; Krung Thep Mahanakhon

I have not received any PM or email from you.

My post is correct as stated. You will need documentation to support your Embassy letter when you present it to immigration. This has started within the last few weeks.

I did not say you required that for the paper from the Embassy.

You will need supporting papers (OPM pay slips or such) to show immigration