Driver appeals for help after lucky escape on the motorway

webfact

Driver appeals for help after lucky escape on the motorway

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A female driver has gone onto Facebook to appeal for help after an umbrella stand ploughed into her windscreen as she went along the motorway in the direction of Ram Intra on Saturday.

The hefty stand went half through the windscreen of the Toyota Vios belonging to Phitcha Thamniyai.

She told Thai Rath online that she was travelling in the second lane and that two vehicles passed her at speed on her right.

She thinks the object came from one of these, a pick-up but she could remember no details of the vehicle. The accident happened at around 1pm at kilometer marker 39 +300 meters as she was heading towards the Ram Intra turnoff in the Fashion Island area.

She posted on fan page "Mae Pho Dam" to try and find out if anyone had dash cam footage that may help her find where the stand came from.

Picture: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-15

I remember being outside just before it was about to rain. It got pretty windy and blew one of those annoying giant umbrella stands with umbrella attached from the middle of the pavement into the middle of the road. Luckily it didn't cause any accidents. People just laughed. I also remember walking along and ducking under one of these giant umbrellas as the owner decided to lower it and it hit the top of my head. Gave me that kinda shock where you get angry. I told him (in Thai) to be considerate of others and look what he's doing. He looked shocked that I could speak Thai. 

I'm sure the owners of this umbrella stand will be thinking "No one died! Mai pen rai"

Not unexpected , happens often buy people who never think about consequences. I have seen ladders on freeway many times in LA. And here is LOS, nothing like this will surprise me. A flying umbrella, no problem !!!