40 day overstay,

15 minutes ago, manchega said:

I think you are correct, if I am not flying out the country, it may well be more economical to pay a fine next time visa is renewed than waste time in immigration office doing 90 day reporting.  It wastes half a morning to do so including commute time. So if I was doing that 4 x a year, 5k for the 1 visit combined with visa is better economics.than 4 x reports with loss of earning = 12 -to 20 hours.

You do realise you can do it by post or send someone else to do it. If they get it togethwr you can do it online as well. 

I am not too happy to give my passport to anyone to trust.  yeah,m corporate run a similar thing, but I don't actually trust the people I have to leave the passport with.  Online does not work for me.

4 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I find your reasoning to be repulsive and ugly, and that shit will cast it´s shadow on the rest of us. I on my part wish that they will catch you in the act, and that you wil lose your VISA/extension of stay...

Good luck is nothing I say to you..

Glegolo

Well they will catch him when he goes for his next wxtension if he goes down that route but he will only get fined as thats the law. The restbof your post is a bitt ott

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manchega said:

I am not too happy to give my passport to anyone to trust.  yeah,m corporate run a similar thing, but I don't actually trust the people I have to leave the passport with.  Online does not work for me.

Then post it

9 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I find your reasoning to be repulsive and ugly, and that shit will cast it´s shadow on the rest of us. I on my part wish that they will catch you in the act, and that you wil lose your VISA/extension of stay...

Good luck is nothing I say to you..

Glegolo

and your reasoning? I am not entirely sure what value 90 day reporting pro9vides to anyone, the immigration offices will remain full, its not as if they will lose jobs if that is what worries you?

6 minutes ago, manchega said:

that is as bad jeab1980, trusting postal with my passport.  Surely I'm not the only person who feels uncomfortable when one of the passports is not in my hands

No you send a photo copy

21 minutes ago, manchega said:

and your reasoning? I am not entirely sure what value 90 day reporting pro9vides to anyone, the immigration offices will remain full, its not as if they will lose jobs if that is what worries you?

You just dont gets it I see!! Follow the laws and follow the rules in the host country,,, otherwise go back home, and try to f;ck up the rules and laws of your own home country, and see what happens there... THEN maybe you will understand the whole thing...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

You just dont gets it I see!! Follow the laws and follow the rules in the host country,,, otherwise go back home, and try to <deleted> up the USA rules and laws, and see what happens there... THEN maybe you will understand the whole thing...

Glegolo

what does us rules have to do with the price of fish? I am not really sure about what you mean about laws and rules , you have obviously not spoken to many lawyers, judges solcitors etc! its a statement

29 minutes ago, manchega said:

what does us rules have to do with the price of fish? I am not really sure about what you mean about laws and rules , you have obviously not spoken to many lawyers, judges solcitors etc! its a statement

That post was edited a couple of seconds later, so no US was mentioned any more so just forget it.

I understand that you do not understand. You write like Thailand is your own little playground, and that it is up to you to NOT follow the laws here in Thailand... THAT is what I mean. You talk about and write about, NOT to do any 90 day reports, and pay your way out of it....

Read what you write yourself, and you will probably find that "price of fish" you are looking for... So by this I bid you farewell and hope you get your act together..

Glegolo

4 minutes ago, glegolo said:

That post was edited a couple of seconds later, so no US was mentioned any more so just forget it.

I understand that you do not understand. You write like Thailand is your own little playground, and that it is up to you to NOT follow the laws here in Thailand... THAT is what I mean. You talk about and write about, NOT to do any 90 day reports, and pay your way out of it....

Read what you write yourself, and you will probably find that "price of fish" you are looking for... So by this I bid you farewell and hope you get your act together..

Glegolo

I pay taxes on earnings if that's what you mean?

On 6/16/2017 at 0:32 PM, jenifer d said:

according to my sources (one of whom is one of my lawyers),

the maximum overstay fine limit has been eradicated; the fine can go far beyond 20k baht

please somebody correct me if i'm mistaken

Its on the drawing board but not approved yet. Has been discussed since last year already internally between Interior Ministry 

On 6/16/2017 at 3:44 AM, manchega said:

no excuses, I was meant to be on a business trip to avoid the 90 day report and it was cancelled.  Checked the passport and now 40 days.

I'm surely missing something here. "avoid the 90 day report".. why? Now 40 days over? Just checked the passport? I would be interested to know manchega how long you have been in Thailand.

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I'm surely missing something here. "avoid the 90 day report".. why? Now 40 days over? Just checked the passport? I would be interested to know manchega how long you have been in Thailand.

Yes we are all missing info here, it is a complete mess all of it. BUT it is over,  and questions answered and done for....

Glegolo

We are not all perfect. We dont all have calenders up on wall with dates ringed. We dont all have smart mobiles and some what do dont really understand them. Quite simply he the OP forgot he was all geared up for a trip out of Thailand which would reset the clock on 90 day. It was cancelled and he purley and simply forgot about tbe 90 day report. It happens cant see why all the negative remarks about him missing his report date and quoting "its the law blindly". This os the major problem with this forum a few try to genuinely help the rest jump on the how can you possibly ******* band wagon. Lighten up its a minor infrigment nothing more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Some posters do not seem to know the difference between 90 day reports and overstay on a Thai visa.

Clearly the op did as he mentioned 90 day report. 

Edited by jeab1980

As far as I know there's no proper  term for the period of time after missing your 90 day report so the OP has called it an overstay. Maybe not the best choice of words but not entirely inaccurate.

Still going eh, in my defense the bit of paper they staple in my passport says overstay and I sign a form to say I am an offender, criminal or something like that.

Thanks for the support jeab1980, I am well and truly schooled. 

IMAFARANG its true, , imagine my relief not about to be banned for 1 year. phew, the immigration dept should let people know overstay refers to visa issues not 90 day issues.

21 hours ago, manchega said:

Still going eh, in my defense the bit of paper they staple in my passport says overstay and I sign a form to say I am an offender, criminal or something like that...

I am surprised they use that word, as it would create confusion - but then, again, I am not surprised, given the poor translations of many things.  If you could post it, with you personal-details blocked out, I and others would be curious to see that 'bit of paper'.

In any case, I am glad to hear it was only a 90-day issue - not a 'real' overstay.

On 6/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, jeab1980 said:

Clearly the op did as he mentioned 90 day report. 

Actually, he seems to believe they are the same thing.. Either that, or either the thread subject line or his post is a scrivener's error.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 2:41 PM, MobileContent said:

Its on the drawing board but not approved yet. Has been discussed since last year already internally between Interior Ministry 

The cap never made sense to me.... it was like saying the first 40 days were punishable by a fine - but after that every day is free.  It would make sense for them to implement that change.  They should also take the amounts of the fines out of the legislation itself and leave it to departmental regulations -- that can be updated annually.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, jeab1980 said:

We are not all perfect. We dont all have calenders up on wall with dates ringed. We dont all have smart mobiles and some what do dont really understand them. Quite simply he the OP forgot he was all geared up for a trip out of Thailand which would reset the clock on 90 day. It was cancelled and he purley and simply forgot about tbe 90 day report. It happens cant see why all the negative remarks about him missing his report date and quoting "its the law blindly". This os the major problem with this forum a few try to genuinely help the rest jump on the how can you possibly ******* band wagon. Lighten up its a minor infrigment nothing more.

Buy a calendar, problem solved it  isn't that expensive.

56 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Buy a calendar, problem solved it  isn't that expensive.

After the event eh. Barn door horse bolted spring to mind.

I have a calendar on wall just looked at it still on January 2017.