FORD Everest

thainet

Well as an ex multiple saloon car champion, in my opinion the Pajero is head and shoulders above the rest.

Just proves that racing 70s saloon cars in no way makes you qualified to make sensible comments about contemporary SUVs.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an Everest and concur with what chickenlegs has said earlier. It rides well, nicely appointed interiors and excellent service from my dealer. Cars are a personal choice and everyone has their own taste. Go for it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Just proves that racing 70s saloon cars in no way makes you qualified to make sensible comments about contemporary SUVs.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Really so how do you qualify then?

On 6/17/2017 at 3:00 PM, transam said:

Why do they offer that stuff......To be honest they are all small fry when you look at your outlay...

Totally agree. The bottom line is how much cash they will discount from the get-go. The rest is just gravy.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:10 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Sorry but they are awful, overpriced and very outdated styling, i drove one for a day and was very pleased to give it back

Aha!... so absolutely nothing like a boat after all.

Thanks for playing.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:12 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well as an ex multiple saloon car champion, in my opinion the Pajero is head and shoulders above the rest.

Saloon car racing from several decades ago equates with modern SUV handling? That and the reference to an anti-dandruff shampoo has got to be the most obtuse analogy ever on TV's motoring pages.

OK... maybe since the last general observation you made about Fords.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Saloon car racing from several decades ago equates with modern SUV handling? That and the reference to an anti-dandruff shampoo has got to be the most obtuse analogy ever on TV's motoring pages.

OK... maybe since the last general observation you made about Fords.

You people clearly have no idea about handling, whether is is 1910 or 2017, the very same principles apply but clearly you do not understand .

Totally agree. The bottom line is how much cash they will discount from the get-go. The rest is just gravy.

Yes cash discount is important. But you want them to cover the car registration, red license plates, the window film + car deco, 1st class insurance and a full tank of Diesel as an absolute minimum. Otherwise if you have to pay for them, it quickly adds up.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Robert24 said:

Yes cash discount is important. But you want them to cover the car registration, red license plates, the window film + car deco, 1st class insurance and a full tank of Diesel as an absolute minimum. Otherwise if you have to pay for them, it quickly adds up.

Does that translate to ... don't buy the one you want/ the one which you think is the best ...just by the cheapest one ...

9 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Does that translate to ... don't buy the one you want/ the one which you think is the best ...just by the cheapest one ...

That's it, don't shop around, don't bargain, and pay full asking price.

No you choose the one you want and then start the bidding war between the dealers. If you don't get what I listed as a minimum, don't buy it. Usually you get more...

6 hours ago, Robert24 said:

No you choose the one you want and then start the bidding war between the dealers. If you don't get what I listed as a minimum, don't buy it. Usually you get more...

Exactly ... Don't buy the one you don't want just because they offer a better deal ... think giddy is confused again ....think...

My Hilux is 5 years old this October and I'm planning replacing with a SUV.

I've not looked into power figures but I like my 3.0 prerunner and the Thai manufacturers look to be dropping the engine size, is this due to efficiency or emissions related tax?

Having test driven the Pajero, Fortuner & Everest they all feel very similar. I prefer the Ford 3.2 engine over the others but the deciding factor for me is the Ford due to Isofix child seat fittings.

Thai manufactured cars Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi etc don't have them but the Ford does. It might be a minor detail to swing the decision but the practicalities involved with having young children and car seats being pulled in and out.  My my wife has a Mercedes and being German has Isofix, so switching seats between the Merc will be easy as opposed to my current Hilux.

13 minutes ago, eezergood said:

so who actually has an Everest & which model?

According to the Nation last April.

"The popular Everest mid-size SUV contributed to Ford’s first quarter performance with total sales that increased 24 per cent to 1,764 vehicles, and capturing 12 per cent share of its segment for the quarter."

Loads of them I guess but don't all rush to post at once.

44 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

According to the Nation last April.

"The popular Everest mid-size SUV contributed to Ford’s first quarter performance with total sales that increased 24 per cent to 1,764 vehicles, and capturing 12 per cent share of its segment for the quarter."

Loads of them I guess but don't all rush to post at once.

i quickly test drove the 2.2 but wanted some real world feedback

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

i quickly test drove the 2.2 but wanted some real world feedback

Understand that. I assume you've already checked this thread.

There will be the usual detractors but maybe there's some you can PM to get one-on-one information and opinions.

On a quick re-read of that thread, forget about it. Just another p!ssing contest.

I've had mine since Nov'15 ... want opinion on any bits just ask ... have the 3.2T+... I opted for the two extra years warranty (PPP) and up front service deal (SSP).

So should have nothing to pay for five years ...well a battery I guess and maybe tyres ...

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Understand that. I assume you've already checked this thread.

There will be the usual detractors but maybe there's some you can PM to get one-on-one information and opinions.

On a quick re-read of that thread, forget about it. Just another p!ssing contest.

yes i did............

22 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I've had mine since Nov'15 ... want opinion on any bits just ask ... have the 3.2T+... I opted for the two extra years warranty (PPP) and up front service deal (SSP).

So should have nothing to pay for five years ...well a battery I guess and maybe tyres ...

can i PMyou?

I own a 2.2T Everest, bought it 18 month ago, before the price increase and when they still had the interior in beige color. Upgraded the 18" wheels to the original ford 20" wheels. It did not affect the comfort level and the car felt more planted to the road. The car now has 24,000 KM on the clock and I have done 2 major road trips with it in the past 18 months (Phuket - Ayuthaya - Udon - Nongkhai - Chiang Khan - Phuket) and (Phuket - Kanchanaburi - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai - Phetchabun - Phuket). I didn't have any problems with the car, good fuel economy, felt that the engine had enough power for these long trips, even going up the hills in Chiang Mai. Very happy with the car so far.

Plus if you don't like it You will say so and dump it.Unlike most posters here..!!.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

38 minutes ago, bizader said:

I own a 2.2T Everest, bought it 18 month ago, before the price increase and when they still had the interior in beige color. Upgraded the 18" wheels to the original ford 20" wheels. It did not affect the comfort level and the car felt more planted to the road. The car now has 24,000 KM on the clock and I have done 2 major road trips with it in the past 18 months (Phuket - Ayuthaya - Udon - Nongkhai - Chiang Khan - Phuket) and (Phuket - Kanchanaburi - Sukhothai - Chiang Mai - Phetchabun - Phuket). I didn't have any problems with the car, good fuel economy, felt that the engine had enough power for these long trips, even going up the hills in Chiang Mai. Very happy with the car so far.

are you Phuket based? 

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Plus if you don't like it You will say so and dump it.Unlike most posters here..!!.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ordered at the March 2015 Motor Show, arrived November 2015 and now is showing 19000Kms+

Overall we are very happy with it…

The early ones had three problems with supplier parts… (3.2Ltr)

Crankshaft Sensor … ours threw a ‘wobbler’ …  Ford changed it.

Rear engine oil seal … leaking slightly at first service … Ford changed it

Exhaust Oxygen sensor … ours hasn’t failed yet.

You can look at ‘Australian Ford Forum’ loads about Everest/Ranger etc … you will need a VPN

You can look up our fuel consumption at www.fuelly.com …look under Everest 2015, EVT+ is mine … anyway I use Jas21. You will note that I haven’t fueled up for some while … average 10Km/Ltr since new. MrsJ has been using her new car.

We have done a few long runs, including Phu Tub Boek (twice)and a ten day golfing holiday Ubon-Udon-Khon Kaen-Phitsanulok etc. The ride is very pleasurable, has been described as like a boat! I like the way it floats down the road.

I really like the engine sound when accelerating hard …. it has some sort of ‘noise generator’ to assist cabin quietness, and the cabin is quite.

The parallel park works very well … I use it quite often. It is a pity that it does not park itself end on as well.

I drive a lot in cruise control, I don’t need to read the newspaper on the rear seat of the car in front,  the new ones have adaptive cruise control as well as lane keeping.

No GPS but I prefer Maps.Google now …

I have to say that I haven’t driven any of the other body-on-frames. The EV gets the best write up but I think it is the most expensive also. Now I believe that you can get a good spec in 2WD and 2.2Ltr.

If you don’t want new, the year or so old price is quite attractive, if you can find a good one.

We will keep the EV for many years … we took out PPP and SSP

Archived