FORD Everest

thainet

Guy next door has just purchased new Ford Everest (2.2l 4x2 top). It is a reddish color (price about 1,560,000 baht with lots of good freebies). Anyway it looks extremely nice and could be a future purchase, therefore if any owners have any comments or reviews (good or bad) I would appreciate it. Thank you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, transam said:

When buying a new ride I would forget about the freebies....freebies are a sales pitch...

Yes would agree normally, but 1 year 1st Class insurance, Ford installed dashcam8gb, window film, 2 free tanks of diesel +++...these things I thought quite substantial.

1 minute ago, thainet said:

Yes would agree normally, but 1 year 1st Class insurance, Ford installed dashcam8gb, window film, 2 free tanks of diesel +++...these things I thought quite substantial.

Why do they offer that stuff......To be honest they are all small fry when you look at your outlay...

I'm very pleased with mine, but I have since seen one in blue (not the same blue as the Ranger or the Focus) and I am having regrets about the red.

Sun roof (they call it moon roof) is standard. No choice but to have one. It will never be used.

Auto tail gate opening/closing is useful, as is electric rise/fall of rear row of seats. But the middle row are manual and also not easy to clamber over to get to the rear.

Front seats have full electric adjustment but no memory, which is a nuisance.

Interior is really nice and not at all tacky (unlike some of the other usual suspects). Plenty of places to plug in you music or accessories.

Not sure about the low profile tyres - not so comfy as the ones on my old Everest.

Adaptive cruise control - fantastic, once you get used to it.

Lane assist - OK if you're in the habit of sleeping at the wheel. I used it for a few days then got tired of it.

Sensors all around plus blind-spot warning - excellent.

Front gap warning (adjustable) and cross-traffic warning  - very useful in city traffic.

Park assist (parallel parking only) - good, but hardly ever used.

Great car and I have no regrets (except for my colour choice).

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Why do they offer that stuff......To be honest they are all small fry when you look at your outlay...

I suppose they offer these extras in the hope that you will buy their car rather than their competitor's.

In my case I had a shortlist of 2 (Ford and Toyota) having rejected the Isuzu, Nissan, Chevrolet and Mitsu for various reasons (hate to sound girly, but mainly about looks).

Toyota salesman was willing to let me walk away with my 1.6 MB cash, for the sake of a few extras.  To be fair, I  would have chosen the Everest anyway.

To chickenslegs---

My neighbours is the reddish color which looks nice, but after your 'blue' comment I looked on the Ford website and saw the blue, but of course hard to tell on a laptop. So as an actual owner can you tell me why the blue is more appealing to you..thanks

My Wife's Friend has had one for 2months .Shes a bit dim with Cars ,couldn't figure the Aircon.!!...I've driven it for only 200 clicks but to be honest it leaves Toyos equivalent in the dust in the Driving dept n fittings.. But one can't get rid of the thought, it's not got Toyos superb service back up, not very nice thought if you use it for Work .Realy enjoyed my test run though.?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

My Wife's Friend has had one for 2months .Shes a bit dim with Cars ,couldn't figure the Aircon.!!...I've driven it for only 200 clicks but to be honest it leaves Toyos equivalent in the dust in the Driving dept n fittings.. But one can't get rid of the thought, it's not got Toyos superb service back up, not very nice thought if you use it for Work .Realy enjoyed my test run though.?emoji481.png

Sorry they are awful to drive, rock and roll like a boat, and grossly over priced for what it is and looks just like the pickup is is derived from , such old fashioned styling.

To be honest I'm not sure what the name was,they look like the rest to me, it wasn't the little one like the HRV is to Honda,it looked same as all the big Seriously Underpowered Vehicles. Will look later.?

23 hours ago, thainet said:

I also like freebees. I obtained 35th bt off initial price, Tax, insurance, tints, + every Toyota extra and more free.

Equated to well over 100th bt in total that's 2.4  Thousand or there about UK. And it's not worth having. Some have said small fry so 2400 pounds UK is small fry??? Must be loaded.

4 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Sorry they are awful to drive, rock and roll like a boat, and grossly over priced for what it is and looks just like the pickup is is derived from , such old fashioned styling.

I did have a test drive in one as well as the Spivo before choosing the latter. The one I drove was a 2.2 so cant comment on power of 3.2 that must be heaps better. 2.2 drove well enough but with 4 peeps up was at best a slug. That was on a level road. Buddha only know what it'll be like on hills or really loaded.

Why I chose the Spivo was that it didn't have the glass roof. Also as you have said the dated styling those head lights and front must have come out of the bottom draw of the ark. Get a grip Ford. Compare the interior of both as well Everest or Toyota I know who wins in my book. Have entered snap of Spivo dash sorry I'm no David Balley. managed to get a bit of free advertising for the local car valeting place see paper on the floor.

IMGP0018.JPG

Edited by fredob43

19 hours ago, thainet said:

To chickenslegs---

My neighbours is the reddish color which looks nice, but after your 'blue' comment I looked on the Ford website and saw the blue, but of course hard to tell on a laptop. So as an actual owner can you tell me why the blue is more appealing to you..thanks

1st - I just like it and it suits the car.

2nd - Far too many red Everests around and blue is hardly ever seen - which appeals to me.

6 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Evening MM ... Do you have this standard reply of yours on a 'Function Key' ... you are absolutely correct .. a lovely ride, floats down the road :smile: .. I agree the styling is not as sharp as the spivo but Ford can't get everything right else no one would buy the other options...would they..... 

6 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Sorry they are awful to drive, rock and roll like a boat...

Strange comment.

All SUV's have a relatively high centre of gravity and should be driven accordingly. The new Everest has a superb electronic stability programme. You can't even force it to "rock and roll like a boat".

Have you actually driven one? - be honest.

Thanks to everyone for their comments so far.

It is very interesting in the differences of opinion.

Take me for example: I like all the extras/freebies that are on offer (just makes sense financially ie: why pay for something when you can have it for free).  I also like the rounder front of the Everest compared to the new pointy style of the Fortuner and Pajero.

I also like the 20'' rims and the very wide tires (I find that safe driving). And after taking a test ride today at my local dealer I also like the ride and feel of the steering. The steering is light but after a car and CRV in the past I find this reassuring.  Also I think the Everest is on a par with the interior of the Fortuner (I think the interior look is up to personal taste as all the goodies and gadgets are in both cabins).

As far the 3rd row of seats I feel that could have been better thought out in terms of access, but as they would always be down/flat if I purchased one, then no bother). Ford have definitely upped their service and maintenance over the past few years, maybe not a good as Toyota yet, but I would say close.

So all in all those are my preferences, which are obviously not everyone's piece of cake.

23 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I did have a test drive in one as well as the Spivo before choosing the latter. The one I drove was a 2.2 so cant comment on power of 3.2 that must be heaps better. 2.2 drove well enough but with 4 peeps up was at best a slug. That was on a level road. Buddha only know what it'll be like on hills or really loaded.

Why I chose the Spivo was that it didn't have the glass roof. Also as you have said the dated styling those head lights and front must have come out of the bottom draw of the ark. Get a grip Ford. Compare the interior of both as well Everest or Toyota I know who wins in my book. Have entered snap of Spivo dash sorry I'm no David Balley. managed to get a bit of free advertising for the local car valeting place see paper on the floor.

IMGP0018.JPG

You should at least have turned the paper the other way, so we could have read the phone number. No good advertising this way.

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You should at least have turned the paper the other way, so we could have read the phone number. No good advertising this way.

What do they want for free. Bad enough to have to pay out the 150bt for a full valet.

Edited by fredob43

22 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Strange comment.

All SUV's have a relatively high centre of gravity and should be driven accordingly. The new Everest has a superb electronic stability programme. You can't even force it to "rock and roll like a boat".

Have you actually driven one? - be honest.

Yes and they roll like a boat

27 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Well, if I am to believe you have driven more than a few minutes in an Everest (I don't) then the only thing that can explain your statement is that you've never been on a boat.

I have only driven the 2.2. Must say that that didn't rock and roll. Slow but very stable.

I'm confused by these 'boat like' comments about the Everest. I have an Everest and tested the Pajero Sport and Fortuner as well. The Everest has the best handling followed by the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport. The reviews in Thailand say the same. The Pajero Sport had the most soggy handling and I believe Mitsubishi dealers have a special 'ahoy captain' promotion at the moment with a free Jolly Roger and a parrot with every Pajero Sport booking  :smile:

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Well, if I am to believe you have driven more than a few minutes in an Everest (I don't) then the only thing that can explain your statement is that you've never been on a boat.

Sorry but they are awful, overpriced and very outdated styling, i drove one for a day and was very pleased to give it back

33 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

I'm confused by these 'boat like' comments about the Everest. I have an Everest and tested the Pajero Sport and Fortuner as well. The Everest has the best handling followed by the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport. The reviews in Thailand say the same. The Pajero Sport had the most soggy handling and I believe Mitsubishi dealers have a special 'ahoy captain' promotion at the moment with a free Jolly Roger and a parrot with every Pajero Sport booking  :smile:

Well as an ex multiple saloon car champion, in my opinion the Pajero is head and shoulders above the rest.

1 hour ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well as an ex multiple saloon car champion, in my opinion the Pajero is head and shoulders above the rest.

I will say that on normal roads they are a very comfortable ride. But on Mountain/Hilly bendy roads they are rubbish. They lean terribly due to their soft springs. Drive one or just get behind one and you will see. That's why locally they are known as a Pisa like the tower. 

Not going into their clunky engine or the quality of build. They are cheap though. 

Edited by fredob43