Spanish bullfighter gored to death in French ring

Spanish bullfighter gored to death in French ring

640x640 (3).jpg

FILE PHOTO: Spanish matador Ivan Fandino leans his face on the barrier during a bullfight at the Maestranza bullring in the Andalusian capital of Seville, southern Spain April 26, 2015. REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo/File Photo

MADRID (Reuters) - A Spanish bullfighter died on Saturday after he tripped in the ring and was gored in the chest by the bull in southwestern France, according to media reports.

Ivan Fandino, 36, was rushed to hospital, but later died from his injuries, Spanish news agency EFE reported, citing sources close to the Basque matador's entourage.

Fandino stumbled after tripping on a cape used in a turn to engage and distract the specially-bred fighting bull, and the animal then pierced the matador's side with one of his horns, EFE said.

He is the second Spanish bullfighter to die in the ring in the past year. Victor Barrio was killed after being gored by a bull in front of spectators last July, the first time since the early 1990s a professional matador had died in the ring in Spain.

Every year several people die in Spanish summer festivals involving bulls running through towns or being chased in the countryside, which often attract tourists.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-18

Bullfighting is a kind of entertainment favored by many millions of people,

unlike fox hunting, duck shootings and alike, cruel in inhuman? you bet ya,

s is slaughtering  millions of stock animals for our daily food....

but so are the millions of people that perish every year to war, famine and

diseases.... so I feel sorry for the matador, who was preforming his art

in order to entertain people, but gloating over it? come on now....

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

the bull fighter got what was coming to him. torturing and animal for entertainment should not be accepted by the civilized world. congratulations to the bull, i hope he got put out to pasture.

15 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I agree. I like to see the Bull win, but,unfortunately they still slaughter the poor thing afterward. Damned if you dont win, damned if you do.

better to die on your feet than die on your knees mr bull. he dies a hero. i am off to see if i can find the video on youtube.

Reminds me of an old joke.

A guy in a Spanish restaurant asks for the days special, which turns out to be awesomely good.

The owner tells him, "Signor, it is made from the testicles of the bull."

Every time the guy visits the restaurant he always gets the same and it is always excellent.

One day though, the food is great, but the portion size disappointing.

The owner explains, "Sorry Signor, the Matador, he not always win."

19 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

the bull fighter got what was coming to him. torturing and animal for entertainment should not be accepted by the civilized world. congratulations to the bull, i hope he got put out to pasture.

No one gets what's coming to them, it's a sport. You eat meat? Let me take you to a slaughterhouse. Enjoy sports? You shouldn't. People "get what's coming to them" in boxing, race car/boat/sail racing ... even occasionally in other tame sports. Bull fighting is an ancient cultural activity for Spaniards. Give up fishing, crabbing or even eating them than get back to me. Righteous folk like you make life difficult for everyone. Chill.

3 minutes ago, hyperHowie said:

No one gets what's coming to them, it's a sport. You eat meat? Let me take you to a slaughterhouse. Enjoy sports? You shouldn't. People "get what's coming to them" in boxing, race car/boat/sail racing ... even occasionally in other tame sports. Bull fighting is an ancient cultural activity for Spaniards. Give up fishing, crabbing or even eating them than get back to me. Righteous folk like you make life difficult for everyone. Chill.

how do we make life difficult?

of course i eat meat. when ever i kill an animal i do it as humanly as possible. i fish i land and kill it as quickly as possible. i get no pleasure in torturing any animal. i dont understand how anyone can.

i dont enjoy watching sports but i do enjoy kite boarding. if i kill or injure myself i accept it it is my fault for taking a risk. i also dont feel pity for anyone else doing a risky sport. not sure what thats all got to do with torturing animals. just because the Spanish have been torturing bulls for a long time does not mean that it should not be stopped.

3 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

My grandfather lived on a farm high in the mountains of East Europe.
Whenever her had to kill a goat for meat he would spend the day kissing and cuddling it followed by a warm bath.
He said the pheromones released would help tenderize the meat

:shock1:

4 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

My grandfather lived on a farm high in the mountains of East Europe.
Whenever her had to kill a goat for meat he would spend the day kissing and cuddling it followed by a warm bath.
He said the pheromones released would help tenderize the meat

Did you ever wonder if he lived high on a mountain, because his proclivities were socially unacceptable in town? :cheesy:

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Art?  I don't feel sorry for him, he was a <deleted> 

We all have our opinions on bullfighting pro or con. But before you jump to your knee jerk reactions, I would suggest you read Hemmingway's book on the subject. I believe it is called "Blood in the afternoon." or something similar. And then you would have more information on the very dangerous occupation of the matador. And then you might have some compassion for this poor man's death which came about because he tripped on his cape. Hopefully none of you who had a compassion by-pass will trip on your TV remotes and impale yourselves on your steak knifes. 555