3BB

osmar

9 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Have had a few problems with the TOT DNS. To get around that, I use a VPN that bypasses the DNS and all is well.

Don't know whether the 3BB and TOT problems are related.

Yesterday I had some issues for about 5 minutes or so, other than that no problems. That is in Rawai and Kata.

15 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

Yes Google is incredibly slow for 2 days now with many timeouts.  Other sites are working fine. I am in Bangtao.

Odd as I am getting 30+ Mbps on a speedtest.

To find out about your speed, test against a host outside of Thailand, i.e. in USA or Europe. The others in Thailand are always fast (and dubious).

12 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

To find out about your speed, test against a host outside of Thailand, i.e. in USA or Europe. The others in Thailand are always fast (and dubious).

Hmmmm a speedtest to America is freezing mid test. 555555

3 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

OK just switched to Open DNS and Google is back up to speed so this is a DNS issue.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I have done that and it has cleared the problem initially but came back again later.

I am on 3BB and get problems from time to time because of the location so monitor it regularly with speedtest. Sometimes when the speed has been low I have cleared it by rebooting the router and others I have had to call them out and its been a problem on the line.

Last night I was watching ITV Hub and suddenly It started buffering so I did a speedtest and that appeared normal, after about an hour the buffering stopped, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I have done that and it has cleared the problem initially but came back again later.

You are absolutely right. 20 minutes after switching Google is in the toilet again.

Time to call 3BB.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I am on 3BB and get problems from time to time because of the location so monitor it regularly with speedtest. Sometimes when the speed has been low I have cleared it by rebooting the router and others I have had to call them out and its been a problem on the line.

Last night I was watching ITV Hub and suddenly It started buffering so I did a speedtest and that appeared normal, after about an hour the buffering stopped, so who knows.

If you're watching ITV hub I would assume you're using a VPN in which case it could be the VPN's server that's the problem. I had similar a couple of days ago but it soon cleared. 

11 minutes ago, madmitch said:

If you're watching ITV hub I would assume you're using a VPN in which case it could be the VPN's server that's the problem. I had similar a couple of days ago but it soon cleared. 

More than likely, just highlighting the point that it may not be the local ISP. I get it fairly regularly, usually around 8 - 9pm Thai time.

I had some days big problems with 3BB, very slow, then very quick. They repaired something in my street, today they come und testet, now ist o.k., not 250/50 same before, but 220/50, thats very good.

Kathu near waterfall, soi namtok kathu.