Pattaya Go-Go clubs and bars targeted in new crackdown

rooster59

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's not far off being a ghost town already. The big question here is how are they going to regulate it and what will those regulations allow or not allow.

Having everything licensed is fine, but it defeats the object if you go too far and kill the place.

I'd heard Jomtiem was the "Ghost" town

where they go around "Putting the willies up each other"

I must have been misinformed ?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really ?  most of the girls come to work because the families are so poor, nearly all the money they make goes back to support their families ans kids.. and there are no jobs for most of them, if they went back home.., 
Why do you think they came here ???
And depraved Farangs ??   Many of older ones have lost a wife through death or divorce and end up taking one of these girls for a wife.
Which is what most of the girls are  looking for... No different than any other girl working in a hotel, beauty shop, supermarket, etc etc.
And a girl can make 1000B an hour,   or chose to work 12 hours at a 'real'  job for 300 B  a day...   

Wrong
They come to work as bar girls because they are lazy cows.

They send money back home because it's expected.

That's the truth.

16 minutes ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

The T Q on beach Rd is about to make a killing

I was in the TQ a few weeks ago at 7 pm and there was only one other customer in there. Like all the Bars in Pattaya they are very quiet compared to days gone by.

I have also spent far too many hours sitting at the front of 5 Star Bar watching the world go by. Very few families going past. I mean really, whats there to do for families?  Ripley's, a bit of go karting, what else is there to do for a family? Nothing I can think of.

Its the city of sin. Take that away it becomes the city of nothing. They do seem determined to destroy it though. All those bars closing will mean hundreds of thousands of Baht not being paid to Police. Then there will be  hundreds of people soon unemployed.

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thank you general….soi 6 is just grossly overpriced….used to be 700b all in for an onsite indulgence…..now the standard is 1000…..and even 1500.

hope this lowers prices back to normal levels.

I am sure Ze General was thinking about the cheap charlie expats when he made this decision. 

Genius. 

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

they will lose so many tourists the place will be like a ghost town and all the locals who rely on them for some kind of income may turn to crime which inturn will further decrease the number of tourists .

Pattaya already has so much crime that a few hundred more would hardly be noticed.

It`s going to go the same way as Chiang Mai, whereas the bar owners will be put under intense pressure that these businesses will no longer be viable to run and will result in the eventual closing of them all.

Chiang Mai and Pattaya, that`s two down. Can anyone suggest what is left in Thailand where us old guys can still get our jollies?

I think many people look in the wrong direction when they see these "crackdowns". 

Pretty much everything of substance done to supposedly crackdown on corruption or the sex industry or whatever over the last few years has been about realigning the "supply chain". Making sure the cash flows in the proper direction. 

Add in a touch of the usual Thai establishment xenophobia towards the West (I.e. Foreigners are ok as long as they don't come from places with opinions or places that try and enforce any sorts of standards on us - like human rights of democracy) and you have a realignment of the industry to make sure the cash flows to the right people and if one gets the double benefit of squeezing out the annoying farang then all the better :) 

Only MC Donalds will be open 24/24 :smile::smile:

This is the future of Pattaya : Mc Donalds, Starbuks coffee, HM, Ikea, etc..etc...

Same everywhere ..bad international business. Wherever you go you see the same things !

So in the future why going to Pattaya. The beach is very small, very dirty, noisy with all the boats, lot of traffic in the streets, pollution, ...

If there is no bar in the day, no Gogo's at night....  it's better to go to another place where all is better (beach, sea, tranquillity ..)

Will they close also all the bars on the beach road ? Because it is so bad to see these bars opened in the afternoon with lot of women :shock1::smile: 

I think all families are shocked (except the fathers :smile:)

1 hour ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:

Wrong
They come to work as bar girls because they are lazy cows.

They send money back home because it's expected.

That's the truth.

I agree 

The lazy ones go to Pattaya and leave their children with the family.

The courageous ones go to the factories and take care of their children every day

They'll keep chipping away until it's all gone, most Thai cities have had their brothels closed down in the last 2 years, why should Pattaya be any different? It will all go, but it will take a few years. The only thing that can save you is a change of government to a liberal one.

2 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Why will the families love it?

Their kids are the bread winners in the household. Lose their income & they're bac on the poverty line again.

I was being sarcastic, as the TAT have mentioned often that they want Pattaya to be family friendly.

14 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

They'll keep chipping away until it's all gone, most Thai cities have had their brothels closed down in the last 2 years, why should Pattaya be any different? It will all go, but it will take a few years. The only thing that can save you is a change of government to a liberal one.

Agree.

Another thing that could change it is regional war.

Of course. But not even a change of gov will stop it.

TV experts predicting the demise of tourism because of what, a few thousand visitors to soi 6 a night in high season?
That's wishful thinking at its best right there.

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Thank you general….soi 6 is just grossly overpriced….used to be 700b all in for an onsite indulgence…..now the standard is 1000…..and even 1500.

Never go there cost u nothing 

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

No they are not stupid but you need to understand that less (well less) than 1% of all tourists to Thailand come to Pattaya but the reputation (rightly deserved !) puts off millions of visitors who believe Pattaya is Thailand. Remove the blott on the landscape and perhaps Thailand gets 10 million more tourist visitors huge dollar income for the country compared to the miniscule amounts in comparison that come to Pattaya. In response to your post they have to start "somewhere"

How do you get 8-10 million visitors to be 1%

2 hours ago, slippery snake said:

And a girl can make 1000B an hour,   or chose to work 12 hours at a 'real'  job for 300 B  a day...   

They have that choice anywhere in the world, yet where I come from the majority goes for the day job.

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Your are on mean street man 

"The Demise of Pattaya" how long has this been happening? been going downhill for the past 30 years - according to some!

Google search the above term, 120,000 relative articles! (or maybe not so relative, I didn't read them all!)

Yet the place is booming, a few seedy bars going downhill will make no difference.

Pattaya is close to Bangkok, close to the biggest port in Thailand Laem Chabang, close to (or part of) the "Eastern Seaboard Industrial zone! only going to get busier from my perspective!, the seedy side will always be there, maybe not so in your face, but it will be there!

There will always be a seedy side but it won't be on Walking Street or Soi 6 or other places in the heart of Pattaya- you will have to do to the darkside or more towards Jomtien to find it and it will be more discrete. The powers that be mean business this time and they will be in power or behind the scenes for years to come.

As far as the bar girls- they will go where the action is if it still exists- it just won't be in Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

There will always be a seedy side but it won't be on Walking Street or Soi 6 or other places in the heart of Pattaya- you will have to do to the darkside or more towards Jomtien to find it and it will be more discrete. The powers that be mean business this time and they will be in power or behind the scenes for years to come.

As far as the bar girls- they will go where the action is if it still exists- it just won't be in Pattaya.

Plus, the reality is the majority of Thais, although they often don't speak publicly, are embarrassed by this activity and would like to see these places closed forever.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Less friendly for sex tourists, but more friendly for families and respectable people.

What is unrespectable about sex tourists as long as there is no underage sex, no one getting hurt, and everything is done between 

consenting adults? Though I agree that it would be great if there were more sort of entertainment for the non sex tourists.

Dating back 20 plus years in Thailand, the sex industry was a lot more prevalent then it is today.
We used to say; in Thailand you are never more than 200 meters away from a brothel, and to a point that was true. Every local area had it`s fair shares of brothels, some smack bang right in the centres of major towns. There were also street girls in abundance and a Farlang could be propositioned several times while just walking in a street. Even lady hairdressers would offer sex that gave a new meaning to a cut and blow.
But although there were lady houses and girls offering sexual services everywhere, these were still not as emblazon as the Thai sex industry has become today, since it became taken over by big businesses, criminal gangs and went commercialized. And this in my opinion has been the causes of it`s demise, it has become too big for it`s own boots and much more noticeable. The main excuses the government and police used to close down the lady houses and brothels was that they claimed these prostitutes were the main causes for the spread of HIV and aids in Thailand, in-fact the Thais nicknamed these brothels, the HIV Cafes, but in fact it has all been taken over by big business who want their cut in this lucrative industry  and is a victim of it`s own success.

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It will just move it somewhere else, at least in the bar situation the girls are required to get regular health checks, and working in a bar the girls are less likely to be beaten up or kidnapped etc.

or raped. If all prostitution stopped the amount of rapes would increase dramatically. Imagine what the fat, ugly, tattooed brigade with the extra thick wallets would do 

for their pleasures then.

Archived