Fly round trip Pattaya - Vientiane?

Is it possible to fly round trip Pattaya - Vientiane, and NOT have to show a flight or other transport out of Thailand after your new 60 day Visa expires?

When I went last time, it was from Chiang Mai(Flight) > Udon(Bus) > Friendship bridge > Vientiane, same in reverse to get back to Chiang Mai. I'd like to look at flight options the whole distance this time around.

The embassy in Vientiane does not ask for tickets out of the country.

You can fly from Utapao to Udon Thani on Air Asia then take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai.

Or you can fly from BKK or DMK in Bangkok to Vientiane direct. Air Asia is flying there now from DMK.

Great. Thanks.

Just checking flights now -

Pattaya - Vientiane = 9-10 hours and 21,00BHT

Pattaya - Udon = 1:10hr and 1450BHT

Wow! Think I'll bus across the border again, it's not only cheaper but much faster! Thought flying might save some time.. good to know the rules though. I may fly round trip in the future depending on departure location.

18 hours ago, B0nkers said:

When I went last time, it was from Chiang Mai(Flight) > Udon(Bus) > Friendship bridge > Vientiane, same in reverse to get back to Chiang Mai. I'd like to look at flight options the whole distance this time around.

Was it exhausting trip?

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can fly from Utapao to Udon Thani on Air Asia then take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai.

So one can fly in the morning and come back late in the afternoon.   Correct?

4 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Well, you could.... as long as you don´t need to get a new visa at the embassy.... which will require an overnight stay

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nasanews said:

No.

Only one early flight UTP - UTH 7:20h - 8:30h

Return 8:55h - 10:05h.

Not very suitable for visa application at Vientiane (VTE)

Two overnights necessary.

Many flights from Bangkok (DMK) to UTH.

Suvarnabhumi (BKK) to VTE: a couple fligths.

But expensive and too late in the morning.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

Only one early flight UTP - UTH 7:20h - 8:30h

Return 8:55h - 10:05h.

Not very suitable for visa application at Vientiane.

Many flights from Bangkok (DMK) to UTH.

There is a flight from UTH to Pattaya at 16:20 airasia for 90 day visa run right?

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not very suitable for visa application at Vientiane.

Not that bad verses having to go from Pattaya to DMK to take a flight early enough to get the visa on the same day.

Arriving at 8:30 am in Udon would be a rush to make to the consular section by 11:30 but it is possible.

Then an overnight in Vientiane or Udon to take the flight the next morning after picking up the passport.

8 minutes ago, nasanews said:

There is a flight from UTH to Pattaya at 16:20 airasia for 90 day visa run right?

Sorry, I stand corrected.

Yes there is a 16:20h flight UTH - UTP found on AA site.

My first source did not show for whatever reason.

16:20h doable? Who can tell?

This would allow a visa run with only one overnight.

Much preferred to a very long bus trip.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes seems there is a 16:20h flight UTH - UTP.

My first source did not show.

It is ok but I wonder if airasia changes or cancels flights that do not carry many passengers like Bangkok air did with my booking in the past.?

5 minutes ago, nasanews said:

It is ok but I wonder if airasia changes or cancels flights that do not carry many passengers like Bangkok air did with my booking in the past.?

Can't tell.

If you want to remove the stress and add some travel time there are many flights in the afternoon/evening to Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi.

So either book the return from the beginning or see it as a backup (which you could claim AA to pay for)?

On 6/19/2017 at 0:58 PM, nasanews said:

Was it exhausting trip?

The  'luxury' of a one hour flight from Chiang Mai, mini bus from Udon to Friendship Bridge, private song taew, to immigration, then a 1500BHT Hotet in Laos made the trip there comfortable., Lots of breaks after short segments.

On the way back I took a mini bus from immigration to Friendship Bridge, Taxi (someone's private truck for 800 BHT) to Centara Hotel in Udon, for a very comfortable stay at 1450 BHT. Flight back to Chiang Mai.

All the short trips with comforts made the trip an adventure more than a chore. The bus with wooden plank floors across Friendship Bridge was the highlight to be honest. Not something you'd want to do for long, but for the 10 min trip it is, something I'm looking forward to doing again.

In Laos, I looked at many hotels and found it is definitely worth spending 1500-2000 BHT within the core where the night market is, than it is trying to save even 500 BHT by looking for a sub 1500 hotel. The quality jumps significantly. The nicest place I found on foot, but was full,m was around 3000+ if I remember correctly. Leaps and bounds beyond everything else in the area.

If your in Udon for long enough to go out for a bit, do some shopping or see the city, I highly recommend Centara Hotel. Above a major shopping mall. Close to Hospital if needed, and in th emiddle of everything. Lots of people and shops to explore. 1400 BHT

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 7:21 AM, B0nkers said:

Great. Thanks.

Just checking flights now -

Pattaya - Vientiane = 9-10 hours and 21,00BHT

Pattaya - Udon = 1:10hr and 1450BHT

Wow! Think I'll bus across the border again, it's not only cheaper but much faster! Thought flying might save some time.. good to know the rules though. I may fly round trip in the future depending on departure location.

9 hours.  Ha. do they detail the route and layover times? 

On 19.6.2017 at 2:12 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Yes there is a 16:20h flight UTH - UTP found on AA site.

My first source did not show for whatever reason.

This would allow a visa run with only one overnight.

Much preferred to a very long bus trip.

I just read this post:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/989329-vientiane-tourist-visarun/?do=findComment&comment=12017464

This members queue number was called at 15:45h!

I have in the last two years flown from Bangkok to  Vientiane  with Lao  Air from Swampy.

However the flight from Swampy to Vientiane  means an extra one day hotel  stay in Vientiane  as it arrives to late to apply for a Thai visa that same day.

I don't think at that time Vientiane  required an out of country flight ticket to get a tourist visa at the Thai consulate   there, but I don't know about now.

As I recall it is only about a one hour flight from Swampy to Vientiane .

You will need a Lao entrance visa, but you can get that at the Vientiane  airport on arrival.