Apartment with good internet required

mockingbird

Hello.

I'm staying in pattaya next month for 2 months. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, centrally based, out as far as 3rd rd. I will be working remotely from the apartment (i'm a software engineer), so it's imperative that I have decent, reliable internet (mainly for vpn into customer sites).

Does anybody have any recommendations?  My budget is approx 20,000 per month + bills.

Many thanks.

Make sure that you have a MiFi/unit that can create a HotSpot in so that you will have something on which to fall back.

You can purchase a monthly unlimited up to 4Mbps package for 650 baht + VAT or less with any of the networks.

You have varied options for apartments. 19k  for 54 sq. m. on Walking Street. 20k for 78 sq. m. a bit further back....

There are 3 new highrise condo complexes on Pattaya Second Road you might consider:  The Base, Unixx South Pattaya, and Centric Sea.  All 3 have very nice amenities--at least 2 big pools each, gyms, nice lobbies, garage parking, sauna, etc. The Base and Centric Sea also have sky lounges and sky pools.  Baht buses right out the front door and Unixx also has its own shuttle bus.  Should easily be able to rent a 1 bedroom seaview condo within your budget.  Good luck.

56 minutes ago, newnative said:

There are 3 new highrise condo complexes on Pattaya Second Road you might consider:  The Base, Unixx South Pattaya, and Centric Sea.  All 3 have very nice amenities--at least 2 big pools each, gyms, nice lobbies, garage parking, sauna, etc. The Base and Centric Sea also have sky lounges and sky pools.  Baht buses right out the front door and Unixx also has its own shuttle bus.  Should easily be able to rent a 1 bedroom seaview condo within your budget.  Good luck.

Why not link to a few?

You should point out that while they might have good amenities, the apartments themselves may be tiny.

A 29 sq. m room claiming to be a one bed apartment is surely a joke. Some as small as 22 sq. m., so beware.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

There are 3 new highrise condo complexes on Pattaya Second Road you might consider:  The Base, Unixx South Pattaya, and Centric Sea. //

Except that many apartments in these condos have shared WiFi Internet...

OP, most condo's and internet contracts are a minimum 3 mouth contract, so for a 2 month stay you will be limited to a hotel or serviced apartment and whatever internet is included. Depending on location you may be able to use telco wifi from the street or hotspot cellular internet.

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, most condo's and internet contracts are a minimum 3 mouth contract, so for a 2 month stay you will be limited to a hotel or serviced apartment and whatever internet is included. Depending on location you may be able to use telco wifi from the street or hotspot cellular internet.

Of course this is not true. I don't have any idea as to why you would post such inaccurate info.

There are many options for monthly rentals for when it comes to apartments. 

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Why not link to a few?

You should point out that while they might have good amenities, the apartments themselves may be tiny.

A 29 sq. m room claiming to be a one bed apartment is surely a joke. Some as small as 22 sq. m., so beware.

The 3 projects I mentioned all have 1 bedroom rentals available of at least 34sqm with good floor plans. Yes, they are small but I think the good locations and the great amenities help to make up for the small size.  The OP mentioned he will be working from his condo; if he wants a break from his work each of these projects offer nice pools, gyms, lounges, etc. for him to use without having to go far.   I'm sure the OP would welcome other condo project suggestions for central Pattaya that are in his price range.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Of course this is not true. I don't have any idea as to why you would post such inaccurate info.

There are many options for monthly rentals for when it comes to apartments. 

At least one of the condos recommended so far , The Base, has a minimum stay of 3 months.

rent.JPG.64738fee0879c3b15ac7538351557c32.JPG

Its not incorrect information, a large percentage of apartments and condo's have a minimum 3 month stay, especially in low season.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

At least one of the condos recommended so far , The Base, has a minimum stay of 3 months.

Yes you are right for The Base, but in theory only...

In practice there are many owners who rents for 1 week or less!

And some other owners who now complain because of these groups of Chinese tourists who are regularly staying there for just a few days.

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes you are right for The Base, but in theory only...

In practice there are many owners who rents for 1 week or less!

And some other owners who now complain because of these groups of Chinese tourists who are regularly staying there for just a few days.

He is not right at all, even in theory. One swallow does not make a summer.

Another ad for the base shows that much shorter periods are offered; http://www.renthub.in.th/en/condo-listings/the-base-for-rent

In reality, owners can scant afford to insist on three/six/twelve monthly minimum contracts. The reality is that they simply ask for  more money for a shorter period.

7 hours ago, newnative said:

The 3 projects I mentioned all have 1 bedroom rentals available of at least 34sqm with good floor plans. Yes, they are small but I think the good locations and the great amenities help to make up for the small size.  The OP mentioned he will be working from his condo; if he wants a break from his work each of these projects offer nice pools, gyms, lounges, etc. for him to use without having to go far.   I'm sure the OP would welcome other condo project suggestions for central Pattaya that are in his price range.

Naah..... most of them are less than 34 sq.m.

http://www.renthub.in.th/en/condo-projects/the-base-central-pattaya

Even a 34 sq.m  space is not much better than a shoe box. Some projects, instead of a separate bedroom,  use a transparent sliding door to separate the bed from the living/kitchen area and then deem to call it a one bedroom apartment. A joke. Some won't even have any outside space in the form of a balcony. Others will have wonderful views of your neighbours opposite

Often a claimed 34 sq.m. apartment shrinks to a 30sq.m apartment with a balcony.

For me those are not places to live, but perhaps a place that a businessman would use whilst working away from home or a holiday apartment.

That's why I suggested links within budget, as your suggestion that he will find  a 34 sq.m. seaview apartment at The Base, a little glib.

So perhaps you can point him to one or two as it is so easy.

I too like the facilities, but not at the expense of the accommodation.

A typical review about the Base.

Horrible rules and experience here. Over 1000 units and only 6 loungers at the rooftop pool. And the loungers are only in the sun and bolted to the floor. Also, 2,000 baht fine if caught with any food or drink at the pool or lounge areas??? So can't even have a bottle of water there. - No wifi in most of the rooms. So you have to go to public areas for wifi. - wifi in public areas not working most the time.

They love the rooftop, but 1112 units and six sunbeds??

Many concurring about the small rooms and I'm sure that these are short term stays. Staying there for months probably akin to living in a prison.

Edited by JamJar

I think you are the one who is mistaken.  All the 1 bedrooms at Unixx with balconies are at least 34sqm.  They have studios that are smaller.   The 1 bedrooms at Centric with balconies range from 32sqm to around 41sqm.  Average is around 35sqm. The Base 1 bedrooms are 29sqm and 35sqm.  You are right that there are more 29sqm units but the OP can certainly find a 35sqm seaview condo at The Base--I used to own one so I know they exist.   Whether a 35sqm condo is too small for a 2 month visit, only the OP can decide.  I could certainly  live comfortably in one and enjoy all the nice amenities these 3 new condo projects have. 

I stayed at Yensabai for one month at 15,000. Excellent internet, though it was wifi.

Room had a balcony with partial seaview, but I have no idea how big it was in meters- large enough for me anyway.

I liked the location, near Tukom and walking distance to Walking St.

Many restaurants nearby and supermarkets at Tucom and Friendship.

Was quiet when I stayed, and seems well maintained. Has a pool.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I think you are the one who is mistaken.  All the 1 bedrooms at Unixx with balconies are at least 34sqm.  They have studios that are smaller.   The 1 bedrooms at Centric with balconies range from 32sqm to around 41sqm.  Average is around 35sqm. The Base 1 bedrooms are 29sqm and 35sqm.  You are right that there are more 29sqm units but the OP can certainly find a 35sqm seaview condo at The Base--I used to own one so I know they exist.   Whether a 35sqm condo is too small for a 2 month visit, only the OP can decide.  I could certainly  live comfortably in one and enjoy all the nice amenities these 3 new condo projects have. 

Remember what you write;

The 3 projects I mentioned all have 1 bedroom rentals available of at least 34sqm 

Do you know the meaning of "at least". It is short for "at the very least".

That, clearly, was not true and you have admitted as such.

Is Centric Sea the one that uses sliding doors and then calls it a one bedroom?

You still haven't linked to even a single 35 sq.m seaview apartment within budget. Considering you stated that is is so easy, why not?

Not that 35 sq. m. including balcony is ample for a one bedroom apartment. It is barely acceptable for a studio.

Found one for you; http://unixxpattaya.com/for-sale-rent/posts/f8/t52/32nd-fl-35sqm-1br-sunset-view-for-rent

Unixx perhaps being the best of your suggestions.

But in my opinion they are just pokey with way too many units. Reminiscent of a council tower block in the UK.

Edited by JamJar

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Remember what you write;

Do you know the meaning of "at least". It is short for "at the very least".

That, clearly, was not true and you have admitted as such.

Is Centric Sea the one that uses sliding doors and then calls it a one bedroom?

You still haven't linked to even a single 35 sq.m seaview apartment within budget. Considering you stated that is is so easy, why not?

Not that 35 sq. m. including balcony is ample for a one bedroom apartment. It is barely acceptable for a studio.

I think any normal person without an agenda reading my post would understand that the meaning was that condos of at least 34 sqm are available at the 3 projects that I mentioned.  But bigger or smaller might also be available--most condo projects offer a variety of condo sizes and a renter or buyer can select the size that fits his or her needs and budget.  It is not my duty to post links--the OP can investigate for himself if he is interested in any of the condo projects that I mentioned.   Perhaps instead of criticizing my suggestions you might come up with some specific condo projects that you think would meet the needs of the OP--that's the actual purpose of this particular discussion, not a debate on how big a 1 bedroom condo should be.

3 hours ago, newnative said:

I think any normal person without an agenda reading my post would understand that the meaning was that condos of at least 34 sqm are available at the 3 projects that I mentioned.  But bigger or smaller might also be available--most condo projects offer a variety of condo sizes and a renter or buyer can select the size that fits his or her needs and budget.  It is not my duty to post links--the OP can investigate for himself if he is interested in any of the condo projects that I mentioned.   Perhaps instead of criticizing my suggestions you might come up with some specific condo projects that you think would meet the needs of the OP--that's the actual purpose of this particular discussion, not a debate on how big a 1 bedroom condo should be.

A normal person understands at least 34 square metres to mean at least 34 square metres. 

The you expect them to track these down, only to find there are many well below 34 square metres within the projects you recommend.

Not that 34 sq. m is any kind of benchmark.

You also failed to mention the policy of at least one of the projects to describe studios with a sliding partition, as a one bedroom apartment.

So if I have an agenda, perhaps it is to expose those who glibly recommend over priced shoe boxes. 

Glibly being the operative word. At least be honest. A friend lives in a 33 sq. m. new apartment with a separate bedroom.. I won't even visit her, as two in an apartment that size is a crowd.

No mention of the six rooftop sunbeds for over 1000 units in one of the projects.

If you want to help, help. But be honest about the pros and cons. Rather than writing about parking and two pools etc as if they are something special. Two pools for a building with 1000 units is hardly a selling point.

It may be that one of the places turns out to be perfect for the OP. But let's give a balanced view to people who ask for help.

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

A normal person understands at least 34 square metres to mean at least 34 square metres. 

The you expect them to track these down, only to find there are many well below 34 square metres within the projects you recommend.

Not that 34 sq. m is any kind of benchmark.

You also failed to mention the policy of at least one of the projects to describe studios with a sliding partition, as a one bedroom apartment.

So if I have an agenda, perhaps it is to expose those who glibly recommend over priced shoe boxes. 

Glibly being the operative word. At least be honest. A friend lives in a 33 sq. m. new apartment with a separate bedroom.. I won't even visit her, as two in an apartment that size is a crowd.

No mention of the six rooftop sunbeds for over 1000 units in one of the projects.

If you want to help, help. But be honest about the pros and cons. Rather than writing about parking and two pools etc as if they are something special. Two pools for a building with 1000 units is hardly a selling point.

It may be that one of the places turns out to be perfect for the OP. But let's give a balanced view to people who ask for help.

Most people are well aware that most condo projects offer a variety of condo sizes--I didn't think I needed to spell it out--although I did take the time in a previous post to give the information that Centric 1 bedrooms range from 32 to 41sqm, The Base has 29sqm and 35sqm 1 bedrooms, and all the 1 bedrooms at Unixx are at least 34sqm.  Some may be 34.5 or so.  Given that information, I can't see how that is misleading anyone. Perhaps I should have said that if a renter doesn't want to go smaller than 34sqm, he can find a condo at each of these projects. 

Still no specific condo project suggestions from you for the OP to check;  just another post about your not liking small condos and not liking my suggestions that the OP might check.   To review, the OP wants to be in central Pattaya and has a budget of 20,000 Baht a month for a 1 bedroom.  I suggested 3 projects by name that might meet his needs.  Obviously, any renter should check the room and the project facilities with his or her specific wants or needs in mind before renting--and that includes deciding if there are enough sunbeds at the pool.   Just as an aside, the project you mentioned with the possibly inadequate number of sunbeds actually has 3 pools, not bad for 1000 units.  View Talay 6, in the same neighborhood, also has 1000 units but just 1 pool.  VT6 might also be a possibility for the OP to check if he would prefer a large studio rather than a smaller 1 bedroom.  Any specific condo suggestions from you to assist the OP?

Clearly you have an issue with size, what the OP actually wanted was a 1 bedroom apartment with good internet, no mention of size at all.  His main concern is quality of internet not what sort of view he has or how big the place is.

16 hours ago, gmac said:

Clearly you have an issue with size, what the OP actually wanted was a 1 bedroom apartment with good internet, no mention of size at all.  His main concern is quality of internet not what sort of view he has or how big the place is.

It's not the first post from the OP.

As the title states, I'm looking to rent an apartment next month in pattaya/jomtein for about 3 months. My budget is approx. 15000 a month.

Obviously I'd prefer a pool, but that's not a deal breaker. 1 bedroom if possible, if not, then at least a larger studio with couch etc.

Previously he looked at Centre Condo. So looked at apartments of probably around 50 sq. m. for a one bedroom.

Yes, I have an issue with over-priced shoe boxes in the sky. Barely fit for habitation.

He can use 4G for Internet in necessary.

He is free to choose,. So give balanced and honest info.

Rooms are small and some called one bed apartments are nothing of the sort. That's the truth.

11 hours ago, balo said:

Lumpini Ville offer sizes from 26sqm to 45 sqm , The bigger ones rent out at around 13000 baht , not bad 

Though not quite Central Pattaya, unless he consider Naklua part of Central Pattaya.

I haven't seen any 45sq. m. one bed apartments there. Is 13k for 45 sq. m. short term or long term?

Do you have a link? I didn't find one.

17 hours ago, newnative said:

Most people are well aware that most condo projects offer a variety of condo sizes--I didn't think I needed to spell it out--although I did take the time in a previous post to give the information that Centric 1 bedrooms range from 32 to 41sqm, The Base has 29sqm and 35sqm 1 bedrooms, and all the 1 bedrooms at Unixx are at least 34sqm.  Some may be 34.5 or so.  Given that information, I can't see how that is misleading anyone. Perhaps I should have said that if a renter doesn't want to go smaller than 34sqm, he can find a condo at each of these projects. 

Still no specific condo project suggestions from you for the OP to check;  just another post about your not liking small condos and not liking my suggestions that the OP might check.   To review, the OP wants to be in central Pattaya and has a budget of 20,000 Baht a month for a 1 bedroom.  I suggested 3 projects by name that might meet his needs.  Obviously, any renter should check the room and the project facilities with his or her specific wants or needs in mind before renting--and that includes deciding if there are enough sunbeds at the pool.   Just as an aside, the project you mentioned with the possibly inadequate number of sunbeds actually has 3 pools, not bad for 1000 units.  View Talay 6, in the same neighborhood, also has 1000 units but just 1 pool.  VT6 might also be a possibility for the OP to check if he would prefer a large studio rather than a smaller 1 bedroom.  Any specific condo suggestions from you to assist the OP?

Nice that you decided to clarify.

I actually read and understood your asking about whether I had suggestions, but deliberately ignored it.

The reason being that I suggested a couple of relatively spacious apartments to the OP in my very first post.

The reason why i didn't actually post the names is that there is limited availability.

One building has around twenty units and one pool.  Apartment perhaps 54 sq. m. and yes that is a pool ratio of 20:1, not 367:1 and the other was for a specific apartment of 80 square metres. So rather than post online, I sent via PM for the OP to check out first if interested.

Once again, nothing wrong with your suggestions. I just took issue with the lack of balance. You wrote more like a salesman, rather than someone giving balanced advice.

Personally, 35 sq. m. with virtually no outside space(ok some have a tiny balcony) is just not acceptable.  But it might be acceptable to someone else and the extra facilities; gym etc may make all of the difference.

Apart from that, you haven't linked to even a single apartment with a short term price of 20k. Not  to state that they are not available, but since you stated that it would be easy, it's seems a bit rum that you cannot link to even a single one. ...and this is low season.

So that was really my point. A little too glib.

Anyway, point made. Let's move along.

8 minutes ago, balo said:

I believe they are 2 room apartments 45 sqm .  

Should I assume that you mean two bedrooms?  Tiny rooms again it seems if so.  

For me, just holiday apartment size, not a place to live.

So 13k is not a short term price.

Personally, for me, I can tolerate a studio of 40 sq.m. and a one bedroom apartment of 55 sq. m. Those are minimum sizes.

For this reason, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller to anyone else, other than for a few days.

I also consider natural light and airflow. I've been in some of those cheap shoe boxes and they are just hot without aircon.

So floor to ceiling patio doors in both rooms is best. Pretend one bedroom apartments won't have this. So the quality of the accommodation is just as important to me as the facilities.

6 hours ago, JamJar said:

Nice that you decided to clarify.

I actually read and understood your asking about whether I had suggestions, but deliberately ignored it.

The reason being that I suggested a couple of relatively spacious apartments to the OP in my very first post.

The reason why i didn't actually post the names is that there is limited availability.

One building has around twenty units and one pool.  Apartment perhaps 54 sq. m. and yes that is a pool ratio of 20:1, not 367:1 and the other was for a specific apartment of 80 square metres. So rather than post online, I sent via PM for the OP to check out first if interested.

Once again, nothing wrong with your suggestions. I just took issue with the lack of balance. You wrote more like a salesman, rather than someone giving balanced advice.

Personally, 35 sq. m. with virtually no outside space(ok some have a tiny balcony) is just not acceptable.  But it might be acceptable to someone else and the extra facilities; gym etc may make all of the difference.

Apart from that, you haven't linked to even a single apartment with a short term price of 20k. Not  to state that they are not available, but since you stated that it would be easy, it's seems a bit rum that you cannot link to even a single one. ...and this is low season.

So that was really my point. A little too glib.

Anyway, point made. Let's move along.

All 3 condo suggestions I gave to the OP have at least 1000 units.  On Hipflat they each have over 100 listings of condos for rent.  Granted, some of the listings are duplicates and some are for 2 bedrooms but a quick glance at the listings showed a number of choices for 1 bedrooms for 20,000 Baht or less.  If the OP is interested in any of the condo projects that I mentioned, it's up to him to take it from there and look for the condo himself--using Hipflat, other websites, on-site rental offices, real estate agencies, and so on.  But, yes, let's move on.