Airport Rail Link suspends services after woman falls onto track

theoldgit

Airport Rail Link suspends services after woman falls onto track
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A woman fell onto a track at the Airport Rail Link’s Ban Thap Chang Station, resulting in train services to and from the Suvarnabhumi Airport to be suspended Monday morning.

The suspension of the services resulted in a large number of passengers assembling at Lad Krabang Station.

Airport Rail Link officials Facebooked the incident at 7am.

While services were suspended, trains from Suvarnahbumi stopped at Lat Krabang Station while trains from Phayathai Station stopped at Hua Mark Station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318448

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-19

What about going the other way.?? I mean really, half a story is not much use. I don't know........

Posted before I had seen webfact's post. Hope tje lady os OK..

Edited by rott

Airport Rail Link train kills woman: CCTV shows her final moments
By The Nation

e80fa1fb33b4fcce6fa7f1b39d8e68ae.png

Photo credit @naphat_69, @pingicu

BANGKOK: -- A woman crushed to death by an approaching Airport Rail Link train at Ban Thap Chang Station was seen on CCTV walking towards to the track and falling onto it, Airport Rail Link vice chairman Suthep Phanpeng said.

The incident at 7am disrupted train services to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport. The station is the third stop from the airport. 

Services were resumed about an hour later.

Suthep said the woman has yet to be identified as none of her relatives have contacted the State Railway of Thailand.

Suthep said CCTV footage showed that the woman was not using a mobile phone. 

He said she walked about three steps towards the track and fell onto it. Nobody was standing nearby, he added.

He said it could not yet be concluded that this was a suicide.

Police will analyse the footage, he said.

Suthep said the woman was a regular passenger, taking trains to inner Bangkok. 

He said she was seen off at the station by a man every morning, and that was the case again on Monday morning.

Witnesses at Ban Thap Chang Station said they saw the woman crying and heard her saying she wanted to die. 

They saw her jump onto the track, moments before the train arrived.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318453

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-19

She reportedly was crying load and threatened to kill her self 30 seconds before.  Maybe someone could have saved her if they showed some guts , could have pushed her away . 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The station is the third stop from the airport. 

Its actually the second stop. Terrible reporting.

I have just watched the whole video of the poor Woman. I am shocked and disgusted to see it actually. The Woman was lying on the tracks for a long time before the train arrives and runs over her. How this could ever happen is totally beyond me. Why didn't the guard on the platform stop the train driver?  I have never seen such a waste of life in all my days. Even the driver should have seen the body and stopped. There should be an enquiry into this for sure but that wont happen. The platform was full of people. It didn't appear anyone was waving the train down.

The video is from the platforms CCTV camera. How does this get on the internet for all to see also. My Gf came home and showed it to me. Just crazy.

Edited by Toshiba66

My Mrs showed me this yesterday, although her report said nothing of a suicide attempt or crying. She said the woman was pregnant and had a dizziness attack.

What surprised me was how long she was on  the tracks prior to the train coming in and nobody tried to help her..... just stood gawping.

I've been on that station many times and if you stand any where near the yellow line the very observant and diligent station attendants blast out their whistle quick smart.

Either the woman didn't want to or couldn't hear the whistle and the attendants were too far away to save her in time.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs showed me this yesterday, although her report said nothing of a suicide attempt or crying. She said the woman was pregnant and had a dizziness attack.

What surprised me was how long she was on  the tracks prior to the train coming in and nobody tried to help her..... just stood gawping.

As pointed out on another thread the video shown was in slow motion. I missed that also as you can see in my post above and I find that video very misleading. It was in fact only about 5 seconds from the time she fall on to the tracks until the train hit her. Very sad for the driver and the lady involved.

13 minutes ago, djlest said:

amazing how the sukhumvit line has made an effort to errect barriers to prevent this happening yet airport link still lives in the dark ages of danger

Do you really think the BTS erected the PSDs purely for safety reasons?

Check where the money came from.

Edited by TheMysteriousMrTesla

Platform screen doors are a major safety booster, but that's not always the primary reason for installing them.

The MRT for example save a significant wedge on reduced aircon costs due to having PSDs which prevent that expensive cold air escaping into the tunnel. That they improve passenger safety is actually a secondary effect.