Where to party or meet in Sukhumvit 101 / Udomsuk road?

lan93

Hi there,

I am 23 years old and moved in Sukhumvit road 101 really close to the Udom Suk Road.

I would like to meet new people and also party around here. Does anyone know where the people in my age party here? any club names or area to hang out to meet new people?

I dont want always to travel far for some nightlife but I am also interested in any other area I should hang out as a 23yo to meet others. Many people will suggest RCA. But what bar/club specially?

Any other places?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is that meant to be a joke?

No. but ok I am a lot older than that and don't hang out at really young hang outs. I was not awear that there were so many young 23 year old people living here with good careers. :sorry: i was only trying to be helpful.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

No. but ok I am a lot older than that and don't hang out at really young hang outs. I was not awear that there were so many young 23 year old people living here with good careers. :sorry: i was only trying to be helpful.

Take care in the future with these millennial ❄️ My friend. Very very touchy. But there are plenty of youngsters in Bangkok now. Iv noticed an increase over the years. You may want to start mixing with Thais aswell. ?

Edited by goldenbrwn1

Actually in the Udomsuk area there are no 'clubs' although there are a few local bars.   

The closest place for meeting people would be W Market at Phra Khanong.  Of particular note would be the bar 'Ma Rum Bar'  

The closest proper club is 'Sing Sing' which is located at Sukhumvit 45 Alley (just off Sukhumvit Road).   A wonderful place albeit a little cliquey.

There is also 'Grease' on Sukhumvit 49 although I've not been there in a while - https://www.facebook.com/GreaseBangkok/    (Edit - apparently it is closed down)  :-(

A cool little bar that might be worth checking out is "W T F Gallery and Cafe" which is on Sukhumvit 51 Alley.   Last time I was there, there was a good crowd of Thai and Farangs in their 20s.

Hope that helps.

Edited by seancbk

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Might help if the op could clarify what exactly he means by ' party '.

Go out, drink, dance, meet girls.   

In a club or bar, filled with mostly young Thais and Farangs, most importantly with a good DJ (House music being my preference).

9 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Take care in the future with these millennial ❄️ My friend. Very very touchy. But there are plenty of youngsters in Bangkok now. Iv noticed an increase over the years. You may want to start mixing with Thais aswell. ?

Thanks but I'm not that desprate for friends to be mixing with thai men.:thumbsup:

In a club or bar, filled with mostly young Thais and Farangs, most importantly with a good DJ (House music being my preference).

There are very few young farangs on these forums and 40 to 80 year Olds think that house is something you live in .

Best just Google your question for tourists with trip reports

3 hours ago, WhyYouTalkMeBad said:
6 hours ago, seancbk said:

There are very few young farangs on these forums and 40 to 80 year Olds think that house is something you live in .

Best just Google your question for tourists with trip reports

40 to 80 is a bit of a wide range to group together.   I just turned 50 and partied in Sing Sing twice last week.  

Anyone 40 to 50 who doesn't know what House music is, and doesn't still love it, must be a pretty boring person!
If you are 50 now that means you should have enjoyed almost 30 years of clubbing, great DJs, awesome tunes and more than likely some top pills!

I'm on these forums and I see plenty of posts from young people.

Admittedly it's not the best place to come for this type of info, but it would be great if the average age could be lowered and more young people came on here.

Edited by seancbk

On 6/20/2017 at 9:33 AM, seancbk said:

The closest place for meeting people would be W Market at Phra Khanong.  Of particular note would be the bar 'Ma Rum Bar'  

While "W" District does have a lot of 20/30-somethings and a cool vibe, it's not really a mixing scene...more groups of friends hanging out.

The many hip and uber hip clubs and coffee shops of Thong Lo/Ekkamai come closer to what you are looking for but they can also get pretty expensive.

I suggest you check out "BK Magazine" online and subscribe to their newsletter, BK is geared to the young and hip...lots and and lots of listings and reviews, sometimes with topics like "Best Bargain Drinking Spots".

There are also many FB groups populated by the younger crowd, "Bangkok Expats" for one.

Edited by dddave

14 minutes ago, maisodni said:

You can try the side-by-side venues Smoking Dragon, and Dragon's Den, on Soi Udom Suk.  Mostly Thais, but also some teachers hang out there - ages as in late 20's.    See: http://bangkokbeerguru.com/city/bangkok/listing/smoking-dragon/

That place must be relatively new, or I've not been down there for longer than I thought.

On the opposite side of the road is an open beer/food place called 'Fifty Five'  which I've been to quite a few times.  Only seen another farang there maybe once.  

I'll have to go check out the Smoking Dragon.

1 minute ago, dddave said:

While "W" District does have a lot of 20/30-somethings and a cool vibe, it's not really a mixing scene...more groups of friends hanging out.

The many clubs and coffee shops of Thong Lo/Ekkamai come closer to what you are looking for but they can also get pretty expensive.

I suggest you check out "BK Magazine" online and subscribe to their newsletter, BK is geared to the young and hip...lots and and lots of listings and reviews, sometimes with topics like "Best Bargain Drinking Spots".

There are also many FB groups populated by the younger crowd, "Bangkok Expats" for one.

W District is like anywhere in Bangkok, until people recognize you as a regular and you recognize them it can be hard to actually meet people.   But if you go frequently then its very possible to start making friends.

Just need to go 3 or 4 times a week for a few weeks and be open to striking up conversations with people.   For some reason a lot of people are not really willing to put in the effort to become a regular and get to know the other regulars.

Probably your best bet for a really good night out is to head downtown. The upside is you're on the BTS route, plus a major bus route, and a late night taxi up sukhumvit isn't pricey without much traffic.

I wish I'd been here at 23... make the most of it and try and learn as much of the language as you can, this will open doors everywhere, especially locally to where you're living.