Single Re-Entry Permit Possible on Single Entry Non-Immigrant O?

I don't actually know the answer but I would guess that there is a rather large clue in the

name of the visa ie. 90 day single-entry non immigrant O visa.

But stranger things have happened??

Edited by phuketjock

20 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

I've had Reentry permits on One Year extensions, Single Non-O Visas and also during the one month period while waiting for an extension. 

You are actually on an extension of stay while waiting for the final rest of the extension.. And also what regards extensions there you MUST HAVE a re entry permit otherwise you kill the extension of stay..

Glegolo

1 hour ago, phuketjock said:

I don't actually know the answer but I would guess that there is a rather large clue in the

name of the visa ie. 90 day single-entry non immigrant O visa.

But stranger things have happened??

Hmmmmm. The "single entry" refers to it being a single 90 day stay rather than a 1 year multiple entry.

The re entry permit allows one to exit and return during the period of the 90 days, though it does not change the expiry date of the visa.

To answer the OP, I reckon the Immigration will happily exchange your money for a stamp. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I know that I can get a re entry permit at Chiang Mai airport so expect you can in Bkk as well. However, unless I had no choice I wouldn't wait till then just in case I had to rush and ended up with no time to get one. That's just me though.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, Rastaputin said:

I've had Reentry permits on One Year extensions, Single Non-O Visas and also during the one month period while waiting for an extension. 

My present non immigr. O visa is soon  expiring (5 July)

I need  one more month  for seasoning my  800K Baht for  the  new  extension, how to apply for  an extension, say, 30 days at CW whats needed? Can do a marriage  extension or dependant, have  2 kids

You can purchase a reentry permit for any permission to stay, even a visa exempt entry if you can find a weird situation where that makes sense. It simply ensures that your current permission to stay is unaffected by leaving Thailand and returning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

My present non immigr. O visa is soon  expiring (5 July)

I need  one more month  for seasoning my  800K Baht for  the  new  extension, how to apply for  an extension, say, 30 days at CW whats needed? Can do a marriage  extension or dependant, have  2 kids

If married and you havent already done so you can get a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Passport and copies of face and relent visa /entry stamp /TM6.

Copies of wifes tabien and ID card. Wife needs go go with you. Filled in TM7 form and photo 1900baht.

I went to Jomtien/Chonburi immigration and purchased a re-entry stamp for my retirement deal prior to a Taiwan holiday with no difficulty. There is also a thread dealing with the process at Suvarnabhumi airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to obtain a single re-entry permit on a 90 day single-entry non-immigrant-O visa (dependent) either at CW immigration or at the airport 

How did you get on with this as I'm in the same situation and interested in doing the same thing?? Basically I work in China and can get a 90 day O single entry, but I only stay in Bangkok around 10-14 days per trip every 4-5 weeks

6 minutes ago, ekamaihouse said:

Is it possible to obtain a single re-entry permit on a 90 day single-entry non-immigrant-O visa (dependent) either at CW immigration or at the airport 

How did you get on with this as I'm in the same situation and interested in doing the same thing?? Basically I work in China and can get a 90 day O single entry, but I only stay in Bangkok around 10-14 days per trip every 4-5 weeks

There is no question on this - it works.  When you first use your "Visa", they will stamp a "permitted stay" in your passport which is 90-days after the date you enter.  All a re-entry permit does is allow you to leave, return, and stay within the original "permitted stay" date.   So, if you are making 2 trips, and your 2nd trip will *end* (i.e. you will leave) before the end of the 90-days you received on your first-entry, then this will work.