SETV from bali - short questions

Hey guys :)

I want to obtain a new SETV from bali next month and as they require things other thai embassies dont, I got some questions and need short help.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/en/services/64469-Tourist-visa.html

Basically what is different is:

3. Travel tickets in and out of Thailand - can be the flight out at the end of the 30 day extension given by the immigration ?

4. Evidence of adequate finance:

- Single-Entry Tourist Visa:  Bank Statement showing at least IDR 8,000,000 per person and IDR 16,000,000 per family (equivalent to USD 700 per person and USD 1,400 per family) -

All my bank statements are in german, as Im a german citizen and use a german bank only. They state that all documents need to be in english or thai. Can I just fund the bank account of my gf with funds and print that out ? Or do they accept it in german because they just see the currency and month there(?).

Also does it matter if the statement is 1 day old or 2 weeks old?

5. Evidence of accommodation in Thailand - 

I live together with my thai gf and the contract of our house is in her name. Can I just bring the contract and say I live with her so I can avoid to pay 5k+ baht for a hotel booking where Im not going to be at ?

I think it sounds like more trouble than it actually is but I rather ask again here in the forum because the help I got here always was first class.

Best Regards :jap:

Max

Nothing in someone else's name would help (accommodation or bank) - maybe if she was your wife for some things, but then you'd have other visa-options.

Savanahket accepted by flight out at 87 days after the date I said I was planning to visit (the form asks for this, and will correlate with your flight into Thailand).  Hopefully, someone with experience at the Bali Thai-Consulate can confirm this is also the case there.  In a worst-case, you could purchase a cheap ticket online ,'out' to anywhere, within the 60-day window. 

For the hotel-booking - there are many online-booking options you could use, with no money up-front, and you can cancel if you were to decide (later) not to stay at that hotel, after all.

Ive done visas out of the Thai consulate in Bali several times but not for a few yrs now. The guy doing the work is a nice bloke and he's a member of this forum actually and replied to my message once. One of the mod's might know his user name if you want to contact him. Its definately a friendly consulate. 

There was a recent post by a woman on the FB page Thai Visa Advice about her experience getting an SETV in Bali. The Consulate is just a dwelling type of place with 1 guy there.. according to what she says. Post was done at 8:14am June 14. You can just do a within the group search for the word Bali and it should be the first post on the feed. Hope it may help.

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

the Bali consulate used to be one of the few if not the only place in this region where you could get a triple entry tourist Visa

That would be amazing. I thought there are only SETVs possible now worldwide despite in your homecountry ?

3 hours ago, Essecola said:

There was a recent post by a woman on the FB page Thai Visa Advice about her experience getting an SETV in Bali. The Consulate is just a dwelling type of place with 1 guy there.. according to what she says. Post was done at 8:14am June 14. You can just do a within the group search for the word Bali and it should be the first post on the feed. Hope it may help.

Thank you ! I will try to find the post !

5 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Ive done visas out of the Thai consulate in Bali several times but not for a few yrs now. The guy doing the work is a nice bloke and he's a member of this forum actually and replied to my message once. One of the mod's might know his user name if you want to contact him. Its definately a friendly consulate. 

That would be nice as well. Would you suggest sending a mod a pm or just wait till one of the mods might read this thread ? :-/

49 minutes ago, fullofmax said:

That would be nice as well. Would you suggest sending a mod a pm or just wait till one of the mods might read this thread ? :-/

He is member @vongbali but he has not visited the forum for over a year now.

You could try sending him a PM. Or check their twitter page @RTCatDPS  where their email address is shown.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

Why Bali?  I have not met one person who said it was not a dump.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-beloved-travel-destinations-that-are-disgusting-hellholes/

Bali is ok if you stay in a decent place like Nusa Dua or Ulawatu. Lots of ppl seem to like Ubud too. When people say dump it is probably the main tourist area of Kuta being talked about. If you spend a little extra money to rent or hire a car Bali is not the most dumpy place. Really it is a huge place with nice villas and hotels all over the island but the only issue that popped out to me was transportation. The seafood I had at Jimbaran beach was as the best I had in years. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 21.6.2017 at 8:26 AM, JackThompson said:

For the hotel-booking - there are many online-booking options you could use, with no money up-front, and you can cancel if you were to decide (later) not to stay at that hotel, after all.

On which website I can book without my credit card ? 

From my experience the money always has to be paid upfront. In this case It doesnt matter which hotel it is though because Im most likely not gonna stay there.

Gonna make the trip in a couple of days. Good luck to me :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I was in Bali the last week. The Guy at the Thai consulate was very friendly and I was the only one applying. In and out in 5 minutes. Pick up time: in and out 1 minute.

I prepared 20k baht and a flight out of thailand for the immigration at don muang. 
As already mentioned I had 2 previous SETVs from vientianne and one visa exempt in my passport + the new SETV from Bali. Immigration officer looked at my passport for a minute and then asked me how long I stay and If I can show him the flight ticket out of thailand which I did and then he stamped me in. 

To the guys above me:

I think it was nice in Bali (stayed in ubud) but it was nothing special or tooo different from thailand. I enjoyed the vegetarian food and the extremely friendly locals. The traffic was hell tho.

Can definitely recommend the thai consulate even when the flight was quite long and expensive.

He is member [mention=160249]vongbali[/mention] but he has not visited the forum for over a year now.
You could try sending him a PM. Or check their twitter page @RTCatDPS  where their email address is shown.

Thank you for remembering me.

To reply, the link to the Thai Embassy in Jakarta says very clear about the required documents.

I'll try to visit the forum more often.

Let me know if anyone needs any advice.

My advice, follow the required documents, your complications make no good since the rules are more strict than before.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hey guys :)

I want to obtain a new SETV from bali next month and as they require things other thai embassies dont, I got some questions and need short help.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/jakarta/en/services/64469-Tourist-visa.html

Basically what is different is:
3. Travel tickets in and out of Thailand - can be the flight out at the end of the 30 day extension given by the immigration ?

4. Evidence of adequate finance:

- Single-Entry Tourist Visa:  Bank Statement showing at least IDR 8,000,000 per person and IDR 16,000,000 per family (equivalent to USD 700 per person and USD 1,400 per family) -

All my bank statements are in german, as Im a german citizen and use a german bank only. They state that all documents need to be in english or thai. Can I just fund the bank account of my gf with funds and print that out ? Or do they accept it in german because they just see the currency and month there(?).

Also does it matter if the statement is 1 day old or 2 weeks old?

5. Evidence of accommodation in Thailand - 

I live together with my thai gf and the contract of our house is in her name. Can I just bring the contract and say I live with her so I can avoid to pay 5k+ baht for a hotel booking where Im not going to be at ?

I think it sounds like more trouble than it actually is but I rather ask again here in the forum because the help I got here always was first class.

Best Regards :jap:

Max

1. Yes, can be within 90 days.
2. It can be in German if we can identify your name as the owner of the statement.
3. Sponsor letter, house registration, contract and a copy off ID card of the owner should be prepared.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1