Fake monk with the catchphrase "Wanna die do you?" arrested thanks to social media

webfact

Fake monk with the catchphrase "Wanna die do you?" arrested thanks to social media

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- Police in Bangkok arrested a man posing as a monk after he was recognized from previous cons caught on camera and spread on social media.

Niwat, 53, was known because of his catchphrase used to those you challenged his validity: Wanna die do you? (Yaak taay chai mai).

He was also armed with a sword hidden in his robes.

A member of the public remembered seeing him on social media ripping off the public on the Skytrain, at a boat stop in Asoke and a branch of Big C.

So when he was seen at Klong Tom market in Charoen Krung Road on Sunday the cops were called.

Niwat had no ID to say he was a monk and admitted he was a fraud. He had a sword hidden about his person.

He said he had been arrested by railway police back in 2011 but didn't know what else he could do to make a living so had gone back to his old ways.

He said he moved around the capital and took his showers at Mor Chit 2 bus station.

He claimed to share his food donations with other homeless people though he kept all the money he got for himself.

He was charged with pretending to be a monk and having a weapon in a public place and detained.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-20

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had been arrested by railway police back in 2011 but didn't know what else he could do to make a living

How about looking for some actual honest work? Or was that idea too far-fetched and uncomfortable for this scoundrel? 

He was charged with 'pretending to be a monk' ... interesting ...

Now let's imagine for one second what would happen around the world if monks, priests, preachers and all the innumerable self-appointed staff of God, of all religions, could be charged for 'pretending to be a saint' ?

Well, here's my daily prayer :

May the Lord protect those who are in search of the truth, and protect us from those who have found it.

Please, everyone, feel free to use this phrase as often as possible and spread it among your friends. You're even welcome to tell them that you found it yourself, I don't care, as long as it goes around as much as possible ! :smile:

Edited by Yann55

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Which charge carries the harsher sentence?

Neither of them. Like driving a motorcycle.

No helmet 200 Bath
No License 200 Bath
Talking in phone while driving 200 Bath

No tax payed 200 Bath

Which one is worst? I don´t know!

Just in this case for being a little bit harsh, I guess we have too increase the fine to 500 Bath. And that´s for each crime!

4 hours ago, Yann55 said:

He was charged with 'pretending to be a monk' ... interesting ...

Now let's imagine for one second what would happen around the world if monks, priests, preachers and all the innumerable self-appointed staff of God, of all religions, could be charged for 'pretending to be a saint' ?

Well, here's my daily prayer :

May the Lord protect those who are in search of the truth, and protect us from those who have found it.

Please, everyone, feel free to use this phrase as often as possible and spread it among your friends. You're even welcome to tell them that you found it yourself, I don't care, as long as it goes around as much as possible ! :smile:

Yann55, thanks for a classic.

10 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

"Used to take his showers at Mor chit bus station 2" Only Thailand could have a place with a name like Mor chit

And apparently it's well known for its showers !!! :cheesy:

Edited by Yann55

2 hours ago, nasanews said:

Thai fines for locals are nothing, I wish I was a Thai.:smile:

a few hundred thb to a thai is probably equivalent to several hundred dollars to most westerners 

although ,it  is not an effective  deterrent if you can pay a fine every time instead of going to jail or even losing 

your licence for a few years for repeated offenders

7 hours ago, speedtripler said:

a few hundred thb to a thai is probably equivalent to several hundred dollars to most westerners 

although ,it  is not an effective  deterrent if you can pay a fine every time instead of going to jail or even losing 

your licence for a few years for repeated offenders

I don't want to go to jail I certainly prefer paying my fines mr history!