14-year-old girl takes own life after sending last goodbye to friends on Facebook

webfact

Girl takes own life after sending last goodbye to friends on Facebook

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37S6064sz4im3ZG5PScCO0bV

LOEI: -- A 14-year-old girl student took her own life after sending last goodbye messages to friends on Facebook.

The girl at a secondary school in Naduang district of Loei province used a nylon rope to hang herself from a beam inside her bedroom.

A few hours before committing suicide, she posted on her Facebook saying last goodbye to her friends for personal affairs and distress.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/girl-takes-own-life-after-sending-last-goodbye-to-friends-on-facebook/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-20

Condolences to the family. Tragic loss of a young life.

There would have been signs though, but like tracking, I suppose you have to know what the signs mean. Any feedback on the ubiquitous social media as to what the major triggers were?

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

TV is name of forum and also short for television and CSI (crime scene investigator) a US television series.

Many thanks. Never watched Thai TV and never bothered to watch CSI, though I understand it's quite popular in USA.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Thai Visa is not television.  It is this forum.  :signthaivisa:

Thanks. I think I probably knew that. But this is what the poster I was responding to said:

"TV is name of forum and also short for television and CSI (crime scene investigator) a US television series.""

Perhaps one of us missed something

Edited by Trumpish

Technology.  I am so happy that there is facebook.  Instead of a limited few reading a suicide  note, now millions know about this girl taking her own life.

There should be a special type of facebook or live feed website for those who give a crap.

so sad and so desperate..and so uncommon in Thailand...watch you children closely and listen to them..many times they want to talk about it...I believe everyone wants to be heard..regards to the familly

Her parents were not suspicious of her death because she had earlier complained of her distress in life to relatives.

Every parent's worst nightmare, wondering whether they could have done more to prevent this tragedy. The same goes for this poor girl's so-called social media "friends" who turned a deaf ear.

Now it is too late and they'll all have to wrestle with their consciences.

At least she followed through with her post on facebook. Good for her. 

Many people say things online and don't follow up with actually doing anything. 

If she wasn't dead I would give her a job. 

6 hours ago, mok199 said:

so sad and so desperate..and so uncommon in Thailand...watch you children closely and listen to them..many times they want to talk about it...I believe everyone wants to be heard..regards to the familly

How can you listen to them when they are glued to sit on my face book ?

16 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Technology.  I am so happy that there is facebook.  Instead of a limited few reading a suicide  note, now millions know about this girl taking her own life.

There should be a special type of facebook or live feed website for those who give a crap.

Facebook - the last refuge of the socially inadequate who needs constant validation to feel good about themselves.

Nearly 25,000,000 FB accounts in a country where there are only 70,000,000 people.

What a surprise.

10 hours ago, wow64 said:

At least she followed through with her post on facebook. Good for her. 

Many people say things online and don't follow up with actually doing anything. 

If she wasn't dead I would give her a job. 

<deleted> mate im assuming you are trying to be funny but even for TV you have managed to reach new lows . Pretty ordinary.