Junta leaders reject Seksan’s claim they will remain in power for 10 years

snoop1130

Junta leaders reject Seksan’s claim they will remain in power for 10 years

By The Nation

88c93496e02bca25951ff03ea5008ce5.jpeg

Junta leaders on Tuesday shrugged off critic warning of the military dominating Thai politics in the next 10 years, insisting that all roads were leading to an election next year.

“I’ll let him talk. He has been talking for so long so let him. I will listen but not take it seriously if it doesn’t mean anything,” said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said, referring to renowned political scientist Seksan Prasertkul’s recent remark about current politics. “I keep my eyes open every day on who says what. But staying for another 10 years? How could that happen?”

The mechanisms underway would certainly lead to an election in 2018, Prayut said at a press briefing after the weekly Cabinet meeting.

His remark came in response to the remarks of Seksan, a former student leader and notable social critic. At Thammasat University’s Direk Jayanama Research Centre’s annual seminar on Monday, he said current politics and the “4.0 society” promoted by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) were systematically setting the foundations for so-called “State elites” to remain deeply entrenched in the political sphere.

Another junta key leader, Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan agree with Prayut in rejecting Seksan’s analysis, adding that the “roadmap to democracy” would lead to an election in 2018.

However, Prawit did not rule out the possibility that the NCPO could transform into another political structure, such as the selected Senate.

“That is another story,” he said.

At the same time, he dismissed the idea that he personally would set up a political party. “How could I? No, I won’t. I’m too old. I’m done when this is done.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318630

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-20

Elected politicians, on top of the risk of not being elected,  will have less power than appointed politicians. So there is no doubt about which type of politicians the Junta members and their allies will choose to be.

I would vote for the party that stops the 60 or 90 day reporting :cheesy:

I would also vote for the party that allows farangs to own their own land without going through 3rd party leaseholds, for an individual house or two  (with moderation of course understandingly, as Thais rightfully do not want those situations as abroad with the Qataris or the Chinese buying up practically entire towns!) :cheesy:

And last but not least, have the THB at around 40 US$ to 1 Baht!!!..this is worth two :cheesy::cheesy:

As a conclusion, the cherry on the cake would be to the party who severely enforces Bangkok and Taxi drivers all around the Nation:post-4641-1156693976: to turn on the taxi meter without argument!!..

But then I do not vote in Thailand....:post-4641-1156694005:

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

We can only hope and pray ....  :wai:

good for thailand & good for the people.  Jobs, economic stability, security & development.

A lot of investors are moving out from Thailand and investing in Vietnam instead, the Junta been a disaster for FDI. Even the Thai investors are investing in Vietnam and in Cambodia says a lot about how good this regime is for the economy.

the army has taken control of future politics in thailand for decades to come with that referendum. they choose who runs in elections and the can take back power at any time they want without the need for a coup.  sure there can be an election but they still control the country from behind the curtain. the only reason to delay the elections i can see is there may be rioting by the masses when they realize yingluck or other popular politicians are not permitted to run.

Well, they do have a "twenty-year plan" so ten years seems a hefty discount?

I also suspect that the "twenty year plan" is a rolling plan, which must be "reviewed" by the Junta every five years and extended. All for the good of the country mind you.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prasertkul’s recent remark about current politics. “I keep my eyes open every day on who says what. But staying for another 10 years? How could that happen?”

For once I agree with the junta unelected PM. It is 20 years not 10.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

We can only hope and pray ....  :wai:

good for thailand & good for the people.  Jobs, economic stability, security & development.

How patronising telling the Thai people what's good for them. 

You fanboys crack me up.