Royal Rainmaking Department says operations in north successful

webfact

Royal Rainmaking Department says operations in north successful

PNEVN600621001000101.jpg

BANGKOK, 21 June 2017 (NNT) – The Royal Rainmaking Department (RRD) has deemed its operations in the north, called on by locals in need of water, a success after being able to refill several reservoirs. 

RRD Director-General Surasee Kittimonthon said water levels are still low in Mae Kuang Udom Thara, Mae Ngad Somboonchon, Bhumibol, Sirikit and Kwae Noi Bamrung Dan dams. He said that if rains do not resume, the dams may have insufficient water to supply farming activities in the region. 

Nonetheless, the department has deemed its most recent operations successful as it was able to set off rains over the dams, adding 0.23 million cubic meters of water to Mae Kuang Udom Thara, 0.3 million cubic meters to Mae Ngad Somboonchon, 6.29 million cubic meters to Bhumibol, 6.92 million cubic meters to Sirikit and 4.49 million cubic meters to Kwae Noi Bamrung Dan. 

The department is still closely monitoring the situation but has limited its operations to reservoirs in dire need and advising local offices on better water management practices so as to not cause flooding.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-21

3 minutes ago, kaorop said:

Must be some kinda atmospheric wonderland, the only place in the world that is constantly successful with its rain making, gets the right amount in the right place every time...truely amazoning

Well don't complain if it floods in August, September and October..... 

13 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

Well don't complain if it floods in August, September and October..... 

Believe me I will complain, had to traverse more than 25 over half a meter deep puddles the other week on my dirtbike and had no hope of getting the MTB out!! The strange thing is that rain was falling nearly country wide and yet its all due to those magnificent men in their flying machines, they go up diddly dee up and the rain comes down diddly dee down.

Thainess, farang, not understand!

Or perhaps the science behind cloud seeding requires that the existing air contain a certain percent of humidity before cloud seeding will be effective? Or do you believe that cloud seeding for rain can also happen in sunny blue skies? But you are correct, it appears farang not understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, kaorop said:

Must be some kinda atmospheric wonderland, the only place in the world that is constantly successful with its rain making, gets the right amount in the right place every time...truely amazoning

Definitely unproven and mostly unsuccessful technology, they may get a few local showers but it will not relieve a drought situation:-  BUT in saying that and for fearing a 70/35 year jail sentence I ain't saying any more! Be careful what you write.

Edited by bdenner
Clarification

13 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

they are hardly going to say it was a failure or they would be out of a job. have to wonder why the rain making people dont get held accountable for thailands past floods. sounds like they make marginally more rain than yingluck.

Or conversely, don't get held accountable for allowing predictable annual drought periods that have occurred during every government regime.