Just for the record

Just for the record I went today 21 June 2017 and got a 30 day extension on my visa exempt entry from Malaysia on 27 May 2017.

The fee is still 1900 Baht for the 30 day extension

I did this at CW immigration in Bangkok. and I am now here until 21 June 2017.

The only reason I  posted this is to show everyone it is STILL POSSIBLE  to do it legally

As I I just said I did it today.

For the record I entered by AIR from Malaysia and this was my FIRST visa exempt entry in 2017 that I extended today.

2 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Just for the record I went today 21 June 2017 and got a 30 day extension on my visa exempt entry from Malaysia on 27 May 2017.

The fee is still 1900 Baht for the 30 day extension

I did this at CW immigration in Bangkok. and I am now here until 21 June 2017.

The only reason I  posted this is to show everyone it is STILL POSSIBLE  to do it legally

As I I just said I did it today.

For the record I entered by AIR from Malaysia and this was my FIRST visa exempt entry in 2017 that I extended today.

The only reason you posted it was to boost your post count, you have merely told us what a thousand tourists do every day, but then again they don't live here full time on exempts and tourist visas like you do - so maybe the word "legally" is a little misleading in your post, you are playing the system because you either don't have or refuse to spend the funds to actually get the correct visa or extension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1SteveC said:

The only reason you posted it was to boost your post count, you have merely told us what a thousand tourists do every day, but then again they don't live here full time on exempts and tourist visas like you do - so maybe the word "legally" is a little misleading in your post, you are playing the system because you either don't have or refuse to spend the funds to actually get the correct visa or extension.

I think his point is, if Immigration really wanted to stop people like him - or thought he was "playing the system" (in a bad way) - they could have refused his extension.  He was right in the heart of the machine at CW.  In actuality, anyone on ANY legal-visa here is "playing the system" by the rules made and enforced by Thai authorities.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I think his point is, if Immigration really wanted to stop people like him - or thought he was "playing the system" (in a bad way) - they could have refused his extension.  He was right in the heart of the machine at CW.  In actuality, anyone on ANY legal-visa here is "playing the system" by the rules made and enforced by Thai authorities.

you're post is as nonsensical as the OP's, why do you classify ANYONE with a legitimate visa as playing the system? The only one's playing the system are the one's that abuse the system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

you're post is as nonsensical as the OP's, why do you classify ANYONE with a legitimate visa as playing the system? The only one's playing the system are the one's that abuse the system.

I do not mean to imply that "playing" the system is the same as "cheating" the system.  You can jump through hoops as legally ordered, but you are still skipping and jumping. 

6 hours ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Actually I support Jack on this. Those researching the friendly consulates and immigration entry points to stay in Thailand for extended periods on visas not intended for long term stays are "playing the system". I imply no criticism. They are doing so legally, and I congratulate them if they can execute their plans without running afoul of the Thai immigration restrictions.