Re-entry permit in person?

We need 3 re-entry permits (for myself, my wife and our son) on our Non-Immigrant O retirement extension. Can I go myself with the 3 TM.8 forms and the necessary copies (+ pass photo) to Immigration, or do we have to go all three of us? In other words, does the application for a re-entry permit has to be done in person? I go myself anyway, but I am wondering if I have to bring my wife and son along for the process. 

Thanks in advance!

44 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So you are in fact guessing!!! Plse ONLY answer if you know...

Glegolo

I know my office will/have done it, but as the OP didn't state which office then I can only guess.

It depends on the office as UJ states.

We're on Samui. Did the re-entry last year alone (with wife and kid waiting outside, not showing themselves to the immigration officer), but only this year I read the line about submitting in person. I'll give it a try alone, if they reject we'll go back together, immigration is only a 10 minute bike ride away, so no sweat.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I don't honestly know your specific answer, but I myself have applied in person for re-entry permits previously in Bangkok at CW immigration office.

As I recall there is or at least was a special office cubicle for that.

Took only a couple of minutes, and can be done at the same time as you get your extension..

We're on Samui. Did the re-entry last year alone (with wife and kid waiting outside, not showing themselves to the immigration officer), but only this year I read the line about submitting in person. I'll give it a try alone, if they reject we'll go back together, immigration is only a 10 minute bike ride away, so no sweat.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Let us know how you get on.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I don't honestly know your specific answer, but I myself have applied in person for re-entry permits previously in Bangkok at CW immigration office.

As I recall there is or at least was a special office cubicle for that.

Took only a couple of minutes, and can be done at the same time as you get your extension..

You need to do the extensions first and then take a new number for a different desk for the re-entry permits (having first photocopied the new visa extension page in your passport).

Very much doubt if takes a couple of minutes, it took me an hour to do the re-entry permit yesterday at CW (Wednesday morning).

On 22-6-2017 at 11:57 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Let us know how you get on.

Went alone to immigration this morning, with 3 TM.8 forms, signed, with the necessary passport copies and photos. No questions, I was asked to pay 3,000 baht and offered the choice to either wait or pick them up in the afternoon. As we live 10 minutes away from immigration, I choose for the latter. Just went back and picked up the passports, with re-entry permits in them. 

As my 4 year old would say, it went "easy peacy, lemon squeezy..."

• Like 1