"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

webfact

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing much new here- there are endless cases in Europe - especially eastern euporeans marrying guys from Pakistan & India- then you have freedom of travel- ah the UK - a wonderful land flowing with milk and honey and housing benefits etc etc. 

For 5000 - it's not really very much- I think the women should up their game a bit- maybe 100, 000 is more realistic. 

Actually the Daily News headline doesn't say "nasty" or any similar epithet. The original claim is either a poor reading of Thai or someone's nasty effort to stoke trouble by inserting the epithet and blaming it on the Thai original. It just says that a group of "young colored men" was arrested for visa fraud involving fake marriages.

Edited by Puwa
Sp

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News called them a "nasty black skinned gang" in their headline.

Sorry, but this shows a decent level of backwardness, immaturity and stupidity from the person in the Thai paper who wrote the line!

17 hours ago, baboon said:

What action was taken against the women, I wonder? It takes two to tango after all...

They are now married to 'nasty black skinned people' That should be punishment enough.

You got to love the terminology used.

Just now, observer90210 said:

Thank you as it was really hitting a low level of stupidity!

Some people may find themselves on suspension.   Here's the rule being violated:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

The rules can be found here:   https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

Definitely need to keep these scum out wherever they go they just create criminal activities and I've started to notice an influx of them in Pattaya good luck Thailand with your quality tourist.

Edited by Eli1

21 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

A mate of mine back in the 1990s I'm London had a few properties he rented through a letting agency. The owner was an Indian guy.  Asked my mate if he had any single friends willing to marry Indian lady's for £1500 a go.

The guy was eventually nicked did a few years.

I got offered $20k to marry an Indian. I asked for  $30k... they said 'we always pay  $20k' 555 

3 minutes ago, diehard60 said:

you want people from those countries, and isn't funny what hai women will do for 5 grand?

5000 baht is a lot if you don't have a job and you need money to feed your kids. It's called being desperate.

Edited by giddyup

Could have called them much worse names.

Meantime ......Will the 100 Thai Women also be arrested for their complicity and the part they knowingly played in the crime  ...and, will they return the money from the  ill gotten gains??

Well ..will they Mr. Thai police officer..???...lol

12 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

And you do? Are you Thai?  Its pathetic for a foreigner to lay claim to Thailand. Why don't you go back to wherever you came from if you don't like the current racial make up in Thailand. The nerve......

I am not scamming anybody and yes I do have the right to be here as a retired gentleman legitimately married to a retired Thai teacher, beloved by her community and family, as long as I obey the rules of this privilege. "Nerve" eh?  You ain't seen nothing, so don't get me started Mac!

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Are they not victims???

No they are not victims, they are co-conspiritors, they knew what they were doing, marrying a man for 5000 baht...........now, once these guys are deported, what if they want to get married legitimately, they will have to go thru a divorce, maybe pay a lawyer, because they are already married.

17 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

They might want to start with tightening of the marriage laws between foreigners and Thai.

Cambodia and Vietnam has already done this - in Cambodia, men over 60 cannot marry a Khmer (so I was told) and in Vietnam, if there is a twenty year difference, no marraige is possible..............new rules for Korean's that want to marry a Vietnamese, extremely hard to almost impossible as many were marrying Viet's, taking them back to Korea and selling them.

17 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

That must have been a long time ago. Now they go to libya, jump in a rubber boat and they get picked up by NGO's right out of the port from where they set of. Why even bother sitting in a container without any comfort, decent food or drinkable water for 3 weeks to go to Thailand.

Read my post, it was last November, no s long ago, there is a direct shipping route from Mombasa to Luang Chabang, sailing time is about 7 days.

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Read my post, it was last November, no s long ago, there is a direct shipping route from Mombasa to Luang Chabang, sailing time is about 7 days.

don't take it to literally. Was more kind of sarcasm then a comment on your post.

Cambodia and Vietnam has already done this - in Cambodia, men over 60 cannot marry a Khmer (so I was told) and in Vietnam, if there is a twenty year difference, no marraige is possible..............new rules for Korean's that want to marry a Vietnamese, extremely hard to almost impossible as many were marrying Viet's, taking them back to Korea and selling them.

Selling them?

The cambodian situation is pretty discriminating, but understandable. But that just limits marriage possibilities in Cambodia itself. For Vietnam what can I say, good on them, more 
young snatch for their elderly.

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

No they are not victims, they are co-conspiritors, they knew what they were doing, marrying a man for 5000 baht...........now, once these guys are deported, what if they want to get married legitimately, they will have to go thru a divorce, maybe pay a lawyer, because they are already married.

Actually, those marriages are nullified by court as it is based on fraud. 
But it will be a pain in the ass to get the paperwork that would allow them to remarry. 
Even marriages to foreigners will be a lot harder for them as this will be registered on their criminal record, which they will need cleared if they want to 
go live abroad with those potential husbands. 

A former thai girlfriend has this problem, while I never knew about it until last year, her current boyfriend is not able to get married to her for this reason.

On 22/06/2017 at 10:44 AM, bizboi said:

So are all the Nigerian gangs that send out emails to hapless western OAPs in their thousands to scam them of money and “let me put 10,000,000 dollars into your account” just poor innocent victims? Not all Nigerians are bad of course but a fair percentage of the scams in Thailand seem to come from that source and it isn’t racist to say that they have dark skin!!

I'm not talking about scammers. 

There is is no need to refer to someone's colour when talking about them. 

That is unnecessary. 

And in this case racist in intent and tone. 

22 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

Good, let's hope that Thailand doesn't have a left wing politically correct meltdown like Europe. The EU should be fair warning of what happens when you are you scared to say the truth in fear of upsetting people. Good on Thailand for keeping it real.

Keeping it real? Does that apply when they discriminate against white people?