Appeal for blood as student fights for his life after foreigner killed mother and son in Udon

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like the big headlines, Thais do this to Thais and farangs every day, yes the man was in the wrong and has to pay same as all Thais should pay. Yes I said ALL another point why police chase car. in Australia, they use their radios etc and block the road instead much safer for all I did not see the accident but I believe there were 3 on the bike and I don't know if they were wearing helmets,  that will have to come out in the court case, Thanks for blood donor news I have been trying to donate for ages  but the Thais have been too. polite to tell me I was too old

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Blood donation not accepted age 60+

http://english.redcross.or.th/node/49

Very complicated rules for donation such as:

• A first time donor must be less than 55 years old.
  • Criteria for donors more than 60-65 years old - Donors have been consistently giving blood until the age of 60.
  • Criteria for donors more than 65-70 years old - Donors have been consistently giving blood from ages 60-65 years old.

I've tried to donate blood here off and on for 12 years and they keep telling me I'm too old!

LOL

The last time I took a younger friend to the Red Cross collection center in Bangkok and he was 48.

They told him he as too old and said goodbye...

8 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Regardless of how irresponsible the foreigner was remember this could happen to you!

Every time I have a near miss with a Thai and all his family on a motorcycle I count my blessings. 

They turn a corner and don't look, they cut in front and weave dangerously through traffic...

They drive without licences and expired licence plates. Back home it is a no brainer... you don't have a licence or your vehicle is unlicensed then you are automatically in the wrong.

Who knows what really happened. We will never know the truth.

I am sure the lady did not plan on dying so RIP to her and her grandson.

I couldn't agree more. People are very quick when it comes to judge others. Hopefully there will be a proper investigation which will reveal who is the culprit.

9 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

This story just gets sadder and sadder.

Now the poor boy's father has to beg for assistance for medical equipment!

Two innocents have already lost their lives. Enough already!

Read it properly, it's a different case and the boy in that case has already died. Seems strange that a hospital doesn't have a defribillator 

The British embassy has 4 litres of A- blood thay have to for Prince Charles who like me is A- unfortunately I am not in Thailand at the moment I am at sea make sure that they give it you know what embassies are like.

32 minutes ago, bigote54 said:

The British embassy has 4 litres of A- blood thay have to for Prince Charles who like me is A- unfortunately I am not in Thailand at the moment I am at sea make sure that they give it you know what embassies are like.

Nothing is free at the British embassy

Have anyone read the facts of what caused the 2nd accident?  Who was at fault the conditions the situation etc

Is the first accident related to the 2nd accident? It says cops were in chase as they witnessed and gave chase when car didn't stop?

where they chasing him causing him to speed up and flee leading to 2nd accident?

headlines suck B/c it applies verdict w/o facts or reasoning...

what are the facts of the two situations and timeline?

is this a case of journalism irresponsibility and discrimination due to xenophobia? One needs to write initially as neutral until evidence and public knowledge says otherwise...

in all cases, thai media/police  assign guilt from the get go and that violates human rights. A country's legal system should determine guilt or innocence not the press the Internet the police nor the public...that's called lynch mob mentality...

3 hours ago, Minnehaha said:

and Rh - is actually the characteristic that is fairly rare among any ethnicity, but extremely rare among Thais.... something like only 1% of the population

if the guy or some of his friends have this type ... 

I have monkey blood O-  Rh- but I am in Khorat and currently on orafun but I would gladly donate if it would help /be accepted. 

Pls lt meknow a number to call orhow to get in touch.....

i am currently 57 and have been a regular donor up to moving to LoS  3 to 4 yrs ago

Edited by The Dark Lord

9 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Regardless of how irresponsible the foreigner was remember this could happen to you!

Every time I have a near miss with a Thai and all his family on a motorcycle I count my blessings. 

They turn a corner and don't look, they cut in front and weave dangerously through traffic...

They drive without licences and expired licence plates. Back home it is a no brainer... you don't have a licence or your vehicle is unlicensed then you are automatically in the wrong.

Not in this case. The Aussie was dead wrong and killed out of a result of his driving. I have no problem driving or riding a motorcycle here. Never have and have never hit anyone in all of my years, including driving in Bangkok. . 

First all, poor kid and may his mother RIP. 

NOW! So predictable all the usual suspect keyboard warrior that would love nothing more than to lynch this guy. 

He will no doubt get what is coming to him. He's a farang and he's allegedly killed a Thai.  He's not on a level playing field and will get a disproportionate penalty than  what would be dished out to a Thai in the same circumstances.

So now that brings me to what consequences have happened to the Red Bull Heir.

Think about the above you pathetic keyboard warriors.

Just now, doublestandards said:

First all, poor kid and may his mother RIP. 

NOW! So predictable all the usual suspect keyboard warrior that would love nothing more than to lynch this guy. 

He will no doubt get what is coming to him. He's a farang and he's allegedly killed a Thai.  He's not on a level playing field and will get a disproportionate penalty than  what would be dished out to a Thai in the same circumstances.

So now that brings me to what consequences have happened to the Red Bull Heir.

Think about the above you pathetic keyboard warriors.

We don't know that. I also feel some sympathy with him, he no doubt panicked and ran but he is an adult and must face the consequences, if he is truly mentally ill then he shouldn't have been driving in the first place.

Guest Jerry787

i was in udon the day it happen, i had a room at the best hotel in Udon which happen to be in the same small soi where all the retired and also younger falangs are drinking themleves to death,  the Australian man seem to be well know in such road, amazingly you can see these westerners already at 10 am getting on their 3 or 4th beer, by majority all big beer belly.

Police shall be next to these places and when see some of them drive a car, immediately check their alcohol level and if found drunk take away their car for ever.

they are a real danger to others.

11 minutes ago, Knee Jerk Reaction said:

Only 'O' rhesus negative can be used for people with other blood groups.

rhesus ? they're monkey's aren't they, how dare you, i haven't come here to be insulted by a legalized vampire.

1 hour ago, Jerry787 said:

i was in udon the day it happen, i had a room at the best hotel in Udon which happen to be in the same small soi where all the retired and also younger falangs are drinking themleves to death,  the Australian man seem to be well know in such road, amazingly you can see these westerners already at 10 am getting on their 3 or 4th beer, by majority all big beer belly.

Police shall be next to these places and when see some of them drive a car, immediately check their alcohol level and if found drunk take away their car for ever.

they are a real danger to others.

I was in Udon last week .Also stayed on that street  at top mansion .Saw guys drinking at 8 am at the bars .This is heart breaking what happened .

Edited by anto

13 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Agree, may they RIP. However, the post is not asking to place blame. There is no question that the blame rests with the aussie driver fleeing the scene of another accident blaming the dead is bad kharma. 

Also expired or missing registration plates or documents has nothing to do with liability. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck

13 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Did you bother to read the post ?  " An Australian man is in custody. He had allegedly fled the scene of a minor accident and was being chased by police. "  He therefore struk the others as he was driving recklessly at high speed trying to avoid the police who were chasing him due to himfleeing the scene of a previous minor accident. No way any of those injured /killed were at fault.

14 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

They definitelly didn't have helmets.

3 people on 1 motocycle is probably also over limit.

Not sure about driving ID, wouldn't be suprised if she didn't have one.

I am not defending that guy in any way!