7/11 Stamps

jezchesters

I've been living here for a while now and keep throwing away those silver stamps you get every time you buy something from the 7/11. Does anyone know why/how you collect them and whether there is any point?

Yours in ignorance,

Jez :o

Edited by jezchesters

Each stamp is worth 1 baht applied to future 7/11 purchases so if you have collected 20 stamps it's like 20 baht in cash but only at 7/11.

Aha! Thanks for that! Is there some sort of special card that you need to stick to them to, or do you just hand them over loose? I don't suppose you know if there are any charities out there that could use them?

Cheers!

Jez

Why is it that sometimes I am given the stamps, and sometimes not? I always purchase at least 100 baht worth of goods.

could be a few reasons:

- mood swings of the 7/11 employee.

- they ran out of stamps.

- they think you dont know about the stamps and taken them for themselves.

Why is it that sometimes I am given the stamps, and sometimes not? I always purchase at least 100 baht worth of goods.

could be a few reasons:

- mood swings of the 7/11 employee.

- they ran out of stamps.

- they think you dont know about the stamps and taken them for themselves.

I agree with all of the above, but there are also some things that earn stamps and some that do not. Your receipt will actually tell you and the clerk how many stamps you are due.

And what about the 1,000 baht I spent today for phone cards? No stamps either.

I suggest that you write a letter of complaint to the management. Stick the 7 Eleven stamps on the envelope and post it as normal. :o

no stamps when purchasing alcohol, cigarettes or phone cards.you get one stamp for a purchase of 30 baht.

and for some 100s of collected cards there are some gifts like a 7-11 chair and some stuff.

phil

no stamps when purchasing alcohol, cigarettes or phone cards.you get one stamp for a purchase of 30 baht.

and for some 100s of collected cards there are some gifts like a 7-11 chair and some stuff.

phil

Mate!

Did it really take you a whole 10 hours to repeat, virtually word for word, what the previous poster had written?

Only joking - welcome to the strange world of ThaiVisa! :o

yep, sorry, guys, absolutely right, how could I miss the previous post

was not a good idea to post 1 hour after molar root canal treatment... :D

hm, what else did I do yesterday, some money missing? wife still there? some tattoos??? :o

Edited by pmhmaster

phil

Just asked my wife what does she do with them. She said, there is a dedicated pool of goods that you can exchange them for. She takes Kitty or Mickey Mouse dolls for the kid.

You joke, but the first time I had a root canal, I completely lost the airline tickets I purchased the same day, and had to replace the tickets. However, don't ask for a root canal at 7-11.

replace or re-buy the tickets? from http://www.7eleven.co.th/stamp.html I learned that the green stamps I recently wondered about are worth 3 baht. nothing about root canal treatment but still the chair http://www.7eleven.co.th/stamp2.html I definitly go for the yellow one :o