Prayut rules suspects will not be paraded at press conferences

webfact

24 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

If my memory serves me right, a few months ago our good leader ordered the police to cease re enactments. That went up like a lead balloon:saai:

One of the clearest indications that the last coup (like all the previous ones) had nothing to do with "fixing" the country and everything to do with rearranging the access to the trough was the junta's unwillingness to reform the police (as well as the judiciary and the armed forces themselves, of course).

And I can understand why they're unwilling to do so. One can only imaging the kind of dirt the RTP have on their colleagues in green.

6 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Good point.

suspects are innocent till proven guilty. their photos should not be shown till they have had their day in court or the matter has been sorted out another way. thats in a first world country of course. last time this was announced it was 2 days later the body in a fridge suspects were paraded in front of the press. wonder if they can stop for 2 days this time.

6 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Interesting that Prayut gets upset with the parading of suspects (and re-enactments???), when the suspect (Wattana) is very anti junta and is complaining that the military are appointing themselves to all the juicy posts.

Good Answer

I wonder how any eye witness evidence can be adduced fairly in court when photos of accused persons are released before any ID parade (not heard of any being used) or other ID techniques are used. 

I know investigation is primitive here with most cases depending on extracting confessions, but protecting the identity of the accused until after the trial if ID evidence is relevant is vital.

Plus the infantile showboating during unnecessary reenactments and press conferences does nothing to enhance the reputation of the RTP.

From a  Nation 12 May 16 news report....the last statement in the partial quote below pretty much sums it up...and it will continue to be ignored.  Police will back off for a month or so and begin the dog and pony show again of suspects.  TIT

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314929

The abuse of accused people’s rights continues even though Prime Minister and National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) chief General Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered police not to bring suspects to press conferences.

Moreover, a National Police Office order prohibits police from bringing suspects, alleged victims or witnesses to press conferences, except in cases where their presence was considered useful to the public and supervisors had given permission.

Regardless, those orders have been largely ignored.