Vanished from Koh Tao! Missing Russian Girl still not found – is the island hiding a macabre secret?

rooster59

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

"this is about a Russian diver who liked to 'free dive' and yet had never swum in the sea until she came to Thailand.   She suffered from bi-polar and asthma and apparently went diving alone or with a Russian companion who was supposed to come back from The Philippines to give evidence but apparently never did. "

Any evidence for this?

If not then it is not even rumor but a product of  fantasy to strengthen some vested interests

Please read all the threads about this. They are only a few pages back on this forum,

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it quite amazing that on such a small island there are so many mysterious disappearances and deaths. However, it's not so difficult to comprehend when one  considers the fact that there is a common thread ie. there are no witnesses or CCTV to provide a solution. Sorry, that's just too much of a coincidence to be true! BTW I wonder what really happened to all the CCTV footage on the night of the David & Hannah murders, and the whereabouts of Hannah's skirt? 

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Please read all the threads about this. They are only a few pages back on this forum,

I have and there isn’t ONE that I can see that says she DEFINITELY went diving alone OR that there was definitely someone with her-  I think you need to check your own source of information

33 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I find it quite amazing that on such a small island there are so many mysterious disappearances and deaths. However, it's not so difficult to comprehend when one  considers the fact that there is a common thread ie. there are no witnesses or CCTV to provide a solution. Sorry, that's just too much of a coincidence to be true! BTW I wonder what really happened to all the CCTV footage on the night of the David & Hannah murders, and the whereabouts of Hannah's skirt? 

All part of evidence covering - which is why its so small minded to dismiss it because there is no evidence!! If you want to cover a crime you get the police to take away ALL evidence and compromise the crime scene then deny it all - this is what happens on Koh tao time and time and time again!! To say there is nothing going on there when numerous people have been pointing the place out for 6 years now is foolish and arrogant!!

Just now, bizboi said:

I have and there isn’t ONE that I can see that says she DEFINITELY went diving alone OR that there was definitely someone with her-  I think you need to check your own source of information

Check the use of the word apparently in my post.

Just now, bizboi said:

All part of evidence covering - which is why its so small minded to dismiss it because there is no evidence!! If you want to cover a crime you get the police to take away ALL evidence and compromise the crime scene then deny it all - this is what happens on Koh tao time and time and time again!! To say there is nothing going on there when numerous people have been pointing the place out for 6 years now is foolish and arrogant!!

How do you know this is what happened time and time again to quote your own words? 

Nearly every death can be explained by abuse of substances and alcohol and subsequent accidents or mishap.

The disappearance of Valentina Novozhenova is a separate case as is of course Hannah and David's deaths.

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

The disappearance of Valentina Novozhenova is a separate case as is of course Hannah and David's deaths.

Do you believe that the Burmese 2 were responsible for David and Hannahs deaths ?

Just now, sanemax said:

Do you believe that the Burmese 2 were responsible for David and Hannahs deaths ?

I don't know, I'm not privy to all the evidence  so how can I say?

For me this thread is about  Valentina Novozhenova and the rumour of a burnt body and clothing. That should be explored and delved into.

Anything else is just old news which many  of us  have been over 100 times .

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

For me this thread is about  Valentina Novozhenova and the rumour of a burnt body and clothing. That should be explored and delved into.

Although you did state that every death can be explained and I wondered what your opinion about Hannah and David was , surely you must have an opinion ?

Its quite relevant to this thread, because the two cases could very well be connected .

If the Burmese 2 were not responsible for David and Hannahs death, then that means theres a murderer or two still on KT

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

The David and Hannah case had marked differences to all the other deaths- obviously murder, and Hannah's body positioned for maximum humiliation

You are being rather obsuasive and attempting to be persuasive

Yes, David and Hannahs case was quite clearly murder , that wasnt the question or a point for discussion .

I simply asked you whether you thought that the Burmese 2 were rightfully convicted for that murder , you avoided that question and just replied with "yes, it was murder"

I do feel that you are attempting to continue with the cover up .

No one believes that the Burmese 2 are guilty , which means theres a murderer still on the loose..................and a young Woman disapears 

Just now, sanemax said:

You are being rather obsuasive and attempting to be persuasive

Yes, David and Hannahs case was quite clearly murder , that wasnt the question or a point for discussion .

I simply asked you whether you thought that the Burmese 2 were rightfully convicted for that murder , you avoided that question and just replied with "yes, it was murder"

I do feel that you are attempting to continue with the cover up .

No one believes that the Burmese 2 are guilty , which means theres a murderer still on the loose..................and a young Woman disapears 

i think you may find that a considerable number of people believe the Burmese 2 know a lot more about the murders of Hannah and David than they have let on so far. but wait for the Supreme Court's ruling, that's the cruncher.

In the meantime, burnt clothes  and a partially burnt body.........

At least if the Thai authorities want to protect their interests at all costs, tourists ought to be able to make informed decisions about whether to visit Ko Tao or not and not to have to suddenly find themselves on the wrong end of a garden hoe attack for perhaps little else than having been impolite or whatever. You cannot depend on the foreign media entirely to stay informed, these stories soon lose the interest of the mass media if they haven't already. So, travel guides such as Lonely Planet I think have a certain duty to keep people aware of certain problems a potential holiday destination might pose to people's lives. Particularly these kind of "paradise" islands where because of cultural programming we get in the west, people slip into this kind of helpless booze guzzling bliss state when they get to an idyllic beach and it would seem they become more vulnerable than usual. It goes without saying one has to be cautious when going to a foreign country and of course you have to have a minimum of good judgement and street savvy never hurt either all that is on you the tourist. Still, I think it could help if people were also given  a heads up on certain places like Ko Tao where it is clear there is some degree more of a threat than the average place you are going to visit.

Yesterday I was at Kinokuniya Phrom Pong branch in Bangkok and had a look at the Lonely Planet Thai Islands guide, which is geared to people who want to visit any of the Thai islands, Phuket, Samui, Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan etc. I did not look at the general remarks at the beginning of the guide, but going through the Ko Tao section there is no mention at all of any of the murders and disappearances. I also skimmed quickly through the Ko Tao bars and nightlife section and saw no mention of any danger that one ought to be aware of. I am not saying the warnings are not there, I did not read through the whole guide cover to cover  but spending 10-15 minutes actively looking for mention of any warnings in the guide I didn't find them if they were there at all. So, to me, that raises the question, would anyone coming to Thailand for the first time with probably little else that these guidebooks to rely on have any idea that they ought to take precautions when visiting Ko Tao or any of the islands? People tend to use these guides as reference books and go at them piecemeal as needed.It seems that some of these attacks have begun in bars yet there is no mention of the problem or a note in the nightlife section that one out to take extra precautions and have a plan to deal with locals who look like they present trouble. Checking the web version of Ko Tao under dangers and annoyances, the most threatening thing you are made to be aware of is the presence of mosquitoes. You are given the impression, maybe correctly, that Ko Tao is a booming and still up and coming resort which is one of many fantastic options if you want to come to Thailand,  it is almost presented in this guide like it is some flawless jewel. I am not going to say that Ko Tao or the Thai islands are not still very nice places and that probably most people have a wonderful time when they visit just that I think by this time there should be mention in Lonely Planet and other guides of the ongoing murders and violence at the hands of locals that tourists are encountering in the islands, and that essentially locals are given the green light to do these things, so such problems are far from going away and may be increasing.

This thread is not about David and Hannah there are plenty of lengthy discussions about that tragic disgrace

This thread is about a missing young blonde girl that was last seen in Koh Tao and went missing and has never been found dead or alive, there is not really much to say beyond that, there are various rumours around that she liked to swim and snorkel, she was last seen in a shop on cctv and then was never seen again or at least nobody is disclosing anything about seeing her, in fact there has been very little disclosed about this young girl 

She went to Koh tao and vanished without a trace .... go figure

2 hours ago, bannork said:

How do you know this is what happened time and time again to quote your own words? 

Nearly every death can be explained by abuse of substances and alcohol and subsequent accidents or mishap.

agreed

but they say there is no smoke without fire

It just seems to happen quite often

18 minutes ago, bannork said:

i think you may find that a considerable number of people believe the Burmese 2 know a lot more about the murders of Hannah and David than they have let on so far. but wait for the Supreme Court's ruling, that's the cruncher.

In the meantime, burnt clothes  and a partially burnt body.........

Ha-ha  , the Supreme Court .

Their (murderers) spheres of influence seem to extend that far , all the way to the top, it seems .

As this isnt about the Burmese 2 , I would like just to add one more thing .

Although I do not believe that they are the murderers , I also believe that they may have somehow been involved .

I cannot fathom that they were just sitting on the beach, oblivious to what was going on around them , in such a confined place

Maybe the B2 went along to the scene with the murderers as back -up , just in case a fight ensued , maybe there were there , before, during or after the murders

At least if the Thai authorities want to protect their interests at all costs, tourists ought to be able to make informed decisions about whether to visit Ko Tao or not and not to have to suddenly find themselves on the wrong end of a garden hoe attack for perhaps little else than having been impolite or whatever. You cannot depend on the foreign media entirely to stay informed, these stories soon lose the interest of the mass media if they haven't already. So, travel guides such as Lonely Planet I think have a certain duty to keep people aware of certain problems a potential holiday destination might pose to people's lives. Particularly these kind of "paradise" islands where because of cultural programming we get in the west, people slip into this kind of helpless booze guzzling bliss state when they get to an idyllic beach and it would seem they become more vulnerable than usual. It goes without saying one has to be cautious when going to a foreign country and of course you have to have a minimum of good judgement and street savvy never hurt either all that is on you the tourist. Still, I think it could help if people were also given  a heads up on certain places like Ko Tao where it is clear there is some degree more of a threat than the average place you are going to visit.

Yesterday I was at Kinokuniya Phrom Pong branch in Bangkok and had a look at the Lonely Planet Thai Islands guide, which is geared to people who want to visit any of the Thai islands, Phuket, Samui, Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan etc. I did not look at the general remarks at the beginning of the guide, but going through the Ko Tao section there is no mention at all of any of the murders and disappearances. I also skimmed quickly through the Ko Tao bars and nightlife section and saw no mention of any danger that one ought to be aware of. I am not saying the warnings are not there, I did not read through the whole guide cover to cover  but spending 10-15 minutes actively looking for mention of any warnings in the guide I didn't find them if they were there at all. So, to me, that raises the question, would anyone coming to Thailand for the first time with probably little else that these guidebooks to rely on have any idea that they ought to take precautions when visiting Ko Tao or any of the islands? People tend to use these guides as reference books and go at them piecemeal as needed.It seems that some of these attacks have begun in bars yet there is no mention of the problem or a note in the nightlife section that one out to take extra precautions and have a plan to deal with locals who look like they present trouble. Checking the web version of Ko Tao under dangers and annoyances, the most threatening thing you are made to be aware of is the presence of mosquitoes. You are given the impression, maybe correctly, that Ko Tao is a booming and still up and coming resort which is one of many fantastic options if you want to come to Thailand,  it is almost presented in this guide like it is some flawless jewel. I am not going to say that Ko Tao or the Thai islands are not still very nice places and that probably most people have a wonderful time when they visit just that I think by this time there should be mention in Lonely Planet and other guides of the ongoing murders and violence at the hands of locals that tourists are encountering in the islands, and that essentially locals are given the green light to do these things, so such problems are far from going away and may be increasing.

I can't really see the Lonely Planet guide book owners splashing a headline saying you 'might get murdered 'there, can you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, bannork said:

"For me this thread is about  Valentina Novozhenova "

No. For the informed readers this is a thread about the suspicious disappearance of a young woman on an  island with a history of murders, deaths  and suspiciously disappearing tourists.

Your agenda to sidetrack from this history and make everything what happened  looking unsuspicious is clearly to see. 

It looks like you are one of the denying brigade.

Edited by sweatalot

2 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

"For me this thread is about  Valentina Novozhenova "

For the informed readers this is a thread about the suspicious disappearance of a young woman on an  island with a history of murders, deaths  and suspiciously disappearing tourists.

Your agenda to sidetrack from this history and make everything what happened  looking unsuspicious is clearly to see. 

You are one of the denying brigade.

Rather than being of the denying brigade, I am of the open mind platoon rather than a magistrate in the Salem Witches trial like so many members are here.

25 minutes ago, bannork said:

Rather than being of the denying brigade, I am of the open mind platoon rather than a magistrate in the Salem Witches trial like so many members are here.

you have made your opinion quite clear, why don't you leave it at that and stop flooding this thread with repeating soundbites that are contributing absolutely nothing new from you to this topic.

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

you have made your opinion quite clear, why don't you leave it at that and stop flooding this thread with repeating soundbites that are contributing absolutely nothing new from you to this topic.

Don't worry Mr smedly, I am merely replying to requests and accusations from someone who is perhaps new to this topic. 

Like everyone else I am awaiting more news on the rumour of the partially burnt body. Apart from that there is indeed nothing to say.

“The initial investigation suggested no clues of an attack or murder,” said Surat Thani provincial police chief Apichart Boonsriroj. “Her latest communications via social media indicated she wanted to free dive deeper than 22.3 metres without an assistant or equipment.” 

Novozhenova mentioned on Whatsapp that she had consulted a psychiatrist on February 3 because she feared something but could not indicate the cause. The psychiatrist advised her to enrol in long-term therapy.

-----

That settles it, was definitely the 'death island mafia' who dunnit!

42 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

“The initial investigation suggested no clues of an attack or murder,” said Surat Thani provincial police chief Apichart Boonsriroj. “Her latest communications via social media indicated she wanted to free dive deeper than 22.3 metres without an assistant or equipment.” 

Novozhenova mentioned on Whatsapp that she had consulted a psychiatrist on February 3 because she feared something but could not indicate the cause. The psychiatrist advised her to enrol in long-term therapy.

-----

That settles it, was definitely the 'death island mafia' who dunnit!

The article is nonsense and at best incomplete.

Novozhenova is 1.7 metres tall and a passionate swimmer who often brought a purple towel or coat with her while diving or snorkelling, police said' 

Where did this info come from? How many times is often, considering she arrived 7th , touring Bangkok 8th , pictures of Khao Tao 10th, repaired telephone and took pictures on 11th, last known communication on 13th mentioning diving, somehow we are supposed to believe that without any former experience she managers a succesfully dive to 22m, 

The Whats app communication only as 3 explanations

Not encypted

Came from a third party

Fabricated

With missing cctv footage of her arrival , a diving buddy who supposedly teamed up with her and then leaves the country , I think it is suspicious, 

38 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

The article is nonsense and at best incomplete.

Novozhenova is 1.7 metres tall and a passionate swimmer who often brought a purple towel or coat with her while diving or snorkelling, police said' 

Where did this info come from? How many times is often, considering she arrived 7th , touring Bangkok 8th , pictures of Khao Tao 10th, repaired telephone and took pictures on 11th, last known communication on 13th mentioning diving, somehow we are supposed to believe that without any former experience she managers a succesfully dive to 22m, 

The Whats app communication only as 3 explanations

Not encypted

Came from a third party

Fabricated

With missing cctv footage of her arrival , a diving buddy who supposedly teamed up with her and then leaves the country , I think it is suspicious, 

According to Valentina's mother , her daughter had been learning to dive for 4 years- always in swimming pools which is not surprising as she lived in Russia. The reference to wanting to beat her personal record of 22 metres came from her own Facebook post..

https://www.sweet3mango.com/2017/03/13/mother-missing-russian-tourist-arrives-koh-tao-admits-never-dived-sea/

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

According to Valentina's mother , her daughter had been learning to dive for 4 years- always in swimming pools which is not surprising as she lived in Russia. The reference to wanting to beat her personal record of 22 metres came from her own Facebook post..

Just how deep are those Russian swimming pools ?

On 6/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, bannork said:

Or to have a good time which countless numbers  do every year.

Likelyhood of dying: 1 out of 1000000.

Likelyhood of having a good time: 99 out of 100.

Likelyhood of motorbike accident: 1 out of 1000.

Likelyhood of drowning if you dont realize the power of the ocean 1 out of 10.

Numbers are made up. They are my best guesstimate.

Edited by hobz