Vanished from Koh Tao! Missing Russian Girl still not found – is the island hiding a macabre secret?

rooster59

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:38 AM, rooster59 said:

And now rumours are circulating that the body of a young girl was found six weeks ago partially burnt, eaten by animals and partially wrapped in T-shirts.

Anyone have any other evidence/source of this?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

Asking for evidence means that you are defending the evil boogeymen. It's impossible to simply ask for evidence out of curiousity, or in my case as part of trying to form an opinion.

33 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

didAnyone have any other evidence/source of this?

5 minutes ago, hobz said:

Asking for evidence means that you are defending the evil boogeymen. It's impossible to simply ask for evidence out of curiousity, or in my case as part of trying to form an opinion.

No, it was a simply an enquiry if anyone had more information available, I'm not defending anyone and I'm of the belief that something untoward did happen.

'you are defending the evil boogeymen'  Why don't you just <deleted> off back to the hole you came from.

47 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

No, it was a simply an enquiry if anyone had more information available, I'm not defending anyone and I'm of the belief that something untoward did happen.

'you are defending the evil boogeymen'  Why don't you just <deleted> off back to the hole you came from.

Calm down mister. It's getting really heated.

This is an interesting topic. I firmly believe that there is mafia element on the island and that police are either involved with or bribed by the mafia. 

However, I see many statements trying to pin stuff on the mafia there without evidence. I would really enjoy that evidence.. Like the photos of the guys chasing the guy of the island,,, the same guy on crime scene after the double murder on the beach,, that was interesting evidence... Now there has not come much real evidence to back up some of the statements being made 

Edited by hobz

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Calm down mister. It's getting really heated.

This is an interesting topic. I firmly believe that there is mafia element on the island and that police are either involved with or bribed by the mafia. 

However, I see many statements trying to pin stuff on the mafia there without evidence. I would really enjoy that evidence.. Like the photos of the guys chasing the guy of the island,,, the same guy on crime scene after the double murder on the beach,, that was interesting evidence... Now there has not come much real evidence to back up some of the statements being made 

You have to understand that there have been one-or-two posters involved in these discussions with quite dishonest intentions, pretending to take a particular pov in order to be able to disrupt and divert the discussions. There is plenty of evidence out there if you are as interested in this subject as you claim, and are prepared to do some footwork. It has all been provided before in the Koh Tao discussions, and you can use the search function or spend a bit of time reading, to find it, rather than asking others to do your donkey work for you. This is what someone with genuine deep suspicions about what's going down on Koh Tao would do, rather than demanding proof off other posters for everything. It's the remit of the Koh Tao mafia apologists to keep asking for the same proof over and over again, and then using semantics and suchlike to try to discredit said proof. So you also have to understand that if you behave in the same way as the Koh Tao mafia apologists, well.....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

14 hours ago, onthesoi said:

I think people who use dead bodies as a soap box for their attention seeking tinfoil rantings to be much worse.

FYI: ....No matter how annoying and challenging you find it, requesting actual evidence for unfounded theories isn't trolling !!

Those people who brush them under the carpet so they can carry on with their pathetic existence at the dive centre are MUCH WORSE!!

I think it's worth repeating what ARKADY has outlined in the topic running about another death, that of Luke Miller.
It might help clarify the situation on Koh Tao for those people who maybe aren't familiar with the background or who are asking "why isn't there some kind of investigation happening?"

--------------------------------------------------------

The land on Koh Tao was owned by the government before the 1932 revolution and used as prison for political prisoners. After the  revolution the prison was demolished and the prisoners released but the government retained all the land and still does to this day.

No land titles have been issued there and use of land is only through "Por Thor 5" documents which certify the holder is paying nominal taxes to the local administration in return for the right to use the land for farming (or fishing in this case). 

Note that holders or residents have no right to erect permanent structures on this land (and that such permanent structures are illegal).

The key to this type of land is that the administration of it is not under the Land Department but under local administration. 

So the local 'mayors' get to decide who has the right to use the land, which they can rescind and reassign. This is why village headmen and mayors are so powerful (and have so much control and influence) on Koh Tao.

The (theoretical) administration comes under the government's Interior Ministry, which in this case is chosing to look the other way and ignore the abuse of government land under its care. 

The very existence of Koh Tao as a (free-wheeling backpacker) tourist resort is based on the fact that there is no rule of law there because the central government has abdicated its right to govern, as well as its duty to care for government owned land - which is completely against the requirements of the law.

Edited by robsamui

Koh Tao residents need to help solve the case instead of trying to hide or suppress it.   You can't hide a bad reputation if it keeps on happening but you can improve it if it doesn't happen again.

Perps who commit crimes usually blab out something sooner or later so if you dig deep and long enough leads do often surface and locals are the best chance to get this kind of information.  Besides Thai cops seem to be better at knowing who to talk to once a small reward is offered then doing real CSI  work.

Edited by smileydude

The worse part of this tragedy is now there is a family, that have lost a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece and a cousin who can never be laid to rest. All they know is their family member came to Thailand and did not return. No explanations, no one knows anything, just a young woman who has vanished into thin air.

I remember the Downtown Inn fiasco in Chiang Mai back about 5 years ago, when guests began mysterious dying or found dead in their rooms. Again no explanations, no one knew anything and that hotel became known as the death hotel. Later the hotel was demolished, rubble cleared, end of story, no justice for the families and the victims and now mostly all forgotten. Same thing; came to Thailand, never returned home.

It`s simply not good enough, too many foreigners (tourists and expats) dying in Thailand under mysterious circumstances or written off with unconvincing, insubstantial explanations to causes of death.

On 25/06/2017 at 6:53 PM, onthesoi said:

Yes, guilty as charged ...I like actual proof when it comes to outlandish conspiracy theories!

and of course if FURTHER proof was ever pushed under your sweaty salt water soaked nose you would of course find some reason to refute it so your 1000 baht a day dive master job says safe…. IMHO!!:post-4641-1156693976:

On 26/6/2560 at 8:39 AM, Harbinger said:

A lot of the Koh Tao apologists I see are usually Dive Instructors desperate to keep their job. The dog mafia of koh tao island likes to keep everything under their control. 

I've never been diving, I've never been to Koh Tao, but I  admit I do like dogs and as usual  up to now there is simply no evidence anyone has been murdered apart from Hannah and David.

Now we  have 'rumours' of a half eaten , half burnt girl

Rumours sell , rumours get clicks and perhaps The Samui Times is trying to drive up the numbers of readers, as well as discredit its successful fellow island Koh Tao. 

Bring on the evidence !!!

On 6/26/2017 at 1:02 PM, cyberfarang said:

I remember the Downtown Inn fiasco in Chiang Mai back about 5 years ago, when guests began mysterious dying or found dead in their rooms. Again no explanations, no one knew anything and that hotel became known as the death hotel. Later the hotel was demolished, rubble cleared, end of story, no justice for the families and the victims and now mostly all forgotten. Same thing; came to Thailand, never returned home.

The Thai authorities along with the WHO did a five month investigation and they found out the the deaths were caused by pesticides, although werent able to say exactly which pesticide caused the deaths

The most probably explanation is that a bed bug chemical was used erroneously

Although no one was held accountable, it was accidental deaths, nothing malicious involved

You make is sound like there was a mass murderer on the loose

13 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

there was another thread on this island. I just found it disappeared. What happened?

Any threats received?

"We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

It is pure speculation on my part, but I think the other thread might have been seen as causing legal difficulties.

Nuff' said

24 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

there was another thread on this island. I just found it disappeared. What happened?

Any threats received?

"We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

Cut down on the perspiring- all you have to do is trawl through the back pages of this forum and you will find all the old threads about the Russian girl etc. (Also news about quite a few deaths on Koh Samui). 

27 minutes ago, bannork said:

I've never been diving, I've never been to Koh Tao, but I  admit I do like dogs and as usual  up to now there is simply no evidence anyone has been murdered apart from Hannah and David.

Rumours sell , rumours get clicks and perhaps The Samui Times is trying to drive up the numbers of readers, as well as discredit its successful fellow island Koh Tao. 

You are obviously very clueless about the situation on Koh Tao, or you just refuse to believe that the police mafia family is capable of murder to save their faces. 

But its just a rumor right because theres no evidence? Just like how its a rumor that a certain someone once shot a cop point blank in the face, in the middle of a nightclub with a bunch of witnesses. But thats just a rumour right? because no witness ever came foreward to provide a testimony, right? 

Btw there is a connection, since the daddies are buddies anyways. 

Just now, Harbinger said:

You are obviously very clueless about the situation on Koh Tao, or you just refuse to believe that the police mafia family is capable of murder to save their faces. 

But its just a rumor right because theres no evidence? Just like how its a rumor that a certain someone once shot a cop point blank in the face, in the middle of a nightclub with a bunch of witnesses. But thats just a rumour right? because no witness ever came foreward to provide a testimony, right? 

Btw there is a connection, since the daddies are buddies anyways. 

The murder of the undercover policeman by Mr 'do you know who my father is' was well documented in that pre- mass internet era  in newspapers and on TV- nobody ever said it was a rumour but Thais know the power of money and politics, especially when mixed together in that case. Everybody knows the witnesses were too afraid to speak and in the end 'Mr Peud', the alleged shooter who was supposed to be hiding out in Buriram was  of course never found, as everybody knew he never existed.

This is not about Hannah and David, this is about a Russian diver who liked to 'free dive' and yet had never swum in the sea until she came to Thailand.   She suffered from bi-polar and asthma and apparently went diving alone or with a Russian companion who was supposed to come back from The Philippines to give evidence but apparently never did. 

Did he really exist? Who knows.  To assume she was murdered without any evidence or witnesses is pure conjecture.

But if the partially burnt body turns out to be her, then of course it's murder.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

although that is a rumor, it is a fact that She is missing

You are suggesting that there is not a rumour going around KT that a body was found .

What are you basing that on ?

Can you categorically state that there is no such rumour going around KT?

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

although that is a rumor, it is a fact that She is missing

You are suggesting that there is not a rumour going around KT that a body was found .

What are you basing that on ?

Can you categorically state that there is no such rumour going around KT?

I'm saying rumours are nothing until there is evidence.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

The murder of the undercover policeman by Mr 'do you know who my father is' was well documented in that pre- mass internet era  in newspapers and on TV- nobody ever said it was a rumour but Thais know the power of money and politics, especially when mixed together in that case. Everybody knows the witnesses were too afraid to speak and in the end 'Mr Peud', the alleged shooter who was supposed to be hiding out in Buriram was  of course never found, as everybody knew he never existed.

This is not about Hannah and David, this is about a Russian diver who liked to 'free dive' and yet had never swum in the sea until she came to Thailand.   She suffered from bi-polar and asthma and apparently went diving alone or with a Russian companion who was supposed to come back from The Philippines to give evidence but apparently never did. 

Did he really exist? Who knows.  To assume she was murdered without any evidence or witnesses is pure conjecture.

But if the partially burnt body turns out to be her, then of course it's murder.

"this is about a Russian diver who liked to 'free dive' and yet had never swum in the sea until she came to Thailand.   She suffered from bi-polar and asthma and apparently went diving alone or with a Russian companion who was supposed to come back from The Philippines to give evidence but apparently never did. "

Any evidence for this?

If not then it is not even rumor but a product of  fantasy to strengthen some vested interests

1 hour ago, bannork said:

I'm saying rumours are nothing until there is evidence.

this is a discussion - you do understand what that is right ? most people posting here are giving opinions based on what we see in reports and what is known, some of those opinions are educated "SOME ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT"

people also sometimes post known facts here but that is rare because facts are rare.

This young girl went missing on Koh Tao - that is what we know (fact), she has never turned up (fact) - that is also what we know, nobody reported her missing for almost 3 weeks (I find that suspicious)  until a relative decided to go public (fact)

where is she ?????????? you seem to think you have all the answers

Just a few questions, of anyone knows the answers too :

When was she due to book out from her hotel ?

Theres usually a knock on the door at 2 PM on check-out day, if you havent checked out by then .

Hotels do not leave rooms, unoccupied and un paid for, for three weeks

How is it known that she was carrying a blue towel and a snorkel ?

Its claimed that they were missing from her room .

But who knew she had a snorkel on her as she traveled and who knew what colour towel she had ?

No one seems to have claimed to have seen her carrying it, it was just missing from her room .

3 hours ago, bannork said:

of course it's murder. The last eight in two years were too!! By the way whats your source for stating that the guy who went to the Philipines was actually 100% proven diving with her? your the first person I’ve seen thats stated that

8 minutes ago, bizboi said:

of course it's murder. The last eight in two years were too!! By the way whats your source for stating that the guy who went to the Philipines was actually 100% proven diving with her? your the first person I’ve seen thats stated that

I think it's pretty obvious that the diving buddy doesn't actually exist. He was just 'created' in order to give the diving accident story some credibility. If he was real, he would have been named as a person of interest long ago.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, TheLobster said:

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:38 AM, rooster59 said:

And now rumours are circulating that the body of a young girl was found six weeks ago partially burnt, eaten by animals and partially wrapped in T-shirts.

Before the Anti Koh Tao brigade attack me, it is an innocent question. I do believe this girl is yet another victim of 'Death Island' but it would be good to see some evidence although I suspect that it has probably been 'snuffed out'.