Where to fix MC helmet strap?

topt

The strap on my helmet abraded and now is too short. I know where I can buy a new "catch" but anybody have a suggestion for someone who can source and sow a new strap? I tried my local sewing lady and she said cannot and short of trying all the others I was hoping someone may have a recommendation. I could not find the strap part for sale in a helmet shop I tried either.

This is the second helmet this has happened to so not really wanting to buy new ones......

HomePro used to have webbing that might be suitable though perhaps bright green or red (could be dyed). Otherwise might look thru Lazada and see if there's a strap in the right width you could cut: http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?itemperpage=120&q=strap.

Not sure who could sew it but find the recent thread on bag repair and try a shop mentioned therein.

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

HomePro used to have webbing that might be suitable though perhaps bright green or red (could be dyed). Otherwise might look thru Lazada and see if there's a strap in the right width you could cut: http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?itemperpage=120&q=strap.

Not sure who could sew it but find the recent thread on bag repair and try a shop mentioned therein.

Don't encourage him...

It's a motorcycle helmet, not a handbag!

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's helmet shops and then there's helmet shops. Try the one on south side of Pattaya Tai, southeast corner of the Khopai 'crossroads'.

Thanks NL that is where I found the clip which they sell separately - not the straps unfortunately.

4 hours ago, bobbin said:

If the helmet is old enough that the strap is worn-out, it's time to buy a new one..

And you have heard the old saying.. if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet..

52 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Don't encourage him...

It's a motorcycle helmet, not a handbag!

Don't see the logic in your first statement. Made of completely different materials for a start.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion but in my OP I stated I wanted to avoid purchasing a completely new one if I could.

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Thanks for the suggestion.