Unfriendly supermarket

madox66

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, beachump said:

Their new parking scheme is quite confusing.   I think the U-Turns are way overpriced.

Where does it say how long you get to park for free with a validated ticket?

Oh yes, confusing.

"No Stamp No Pass"? Motorcycle confiscated :biggrin:

No mention of allowed time.

And I could bet I have seen a similar sign but with 20 Baht/hour.

Is the above for cars?

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, moonseeker said:

Best if all us complain to shop manager. MS>

Why should "we" or I complain? I go shopping FriendShip at least twice a week and I am very happy to have this good shop not far my condo. I have nothing to complain about it. :cool:

What's happened here happened because the OP had the attitude of someone who wanted to avoid the park fee. It could happen the same way in the many places that have a private park IMHO.

Thank you. I go shopping there for 20 years, commercially. I am polite and friendly. I like the staff and the staff like me. I can assure you there are a couple of rude, arrogant and aggressive a.h. in this "ridiculous parking-crew". The guy mentioned in this post  is one of them. He would be off my staff in any business the second day. Otherwise, great shop, great staff inside, known them for a very long-time and am very happy. Still does not justify rude behavior in parking, but security staff allover Pattaya are often very problematic. Have a great weekend.  MS>    :wai:

PS: I should have said, who has a bad experience with an individual parking-screamer, -grabber, -whistler, should go back inside and tell the manager. They will get rid of him most likely, judging by past bad-apple-experiences.

On 28/06/2017 at 2:38 PM, Henryford said:

What should you do? Learn how to read signs.

I would also suggest going to enrol in an English course & possibly a Thai course as that will help the OP in reading the signs. Otherwise maybe go to the optometrist and get a new pair of glasses could help too.

Is it the guy with the black mask standing in the entrance to the bike park ? I've noticed him a few times, he is very observant and stop people to check for stamps all the time.  

I have never had any problems but I always use the right exit.....

8 hours ago, balo said:

I have never had any problems but I always use the right exit.....

When you follow the rules and don't be an idiot in Thailand then things work out well without any problems. But when you do the opposite then things seem to happen.

Super rude and ask for and extra plastic bag or to have something double bagged and the rudeness quadruples [emoji36]

Yes, I asked politely for an extra plastic bag at the "unfriendly supermarket" while reaching to get one the woman bagging products slapped my hand away saying "can not" I laughed and asked again in Thai can I have an extra bag, she bluntly refused ...quite amazing customer service ! !

In the past I used them a lot as I lived right next door...the thing I noticed was that new employees
always started out smiling with friendly altitude to customers
but after a week or 2 they had either left or morphed into "unfriendly bots"

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes, I asked politely for an extra plastic bag at the "unfriendly supermarket" while reaching to get one the woman bagging products slapped my hand away saying "can not" I laughed and asked again in Thai can I have an extra bag, she bluntly refused ...quite amazing customer service ! !

If you were told once already that you can't have an extra plastic bag, why would you ask the same question a 2nd time? Did you not understand her English reply so you had to ask a 2nd time in Thai?

If you were told once already that you can't have an extra plastic bag, why would you ask the same question a 2nd time? Did you not understand her English reply so you had to ask a 2nd time in Thai?

I asked both times in Thai,and asked the second time because I couldn't believe she wouldn't let me have 1 extra bag !
No where else refuses to give an extra bag if you ask politely for it.

6 hours ago, johng said:

In the past I used them a lot as I lived right next door...the thing I noticed was that new employees
always started out smiling with friendly altitude to customers
but after a week or 2 they had either left or morphed into "unfriendly bots"

How terrible!

Complain to the manager, call the police and make a report for assault, sue the owner of the market, make as many posts on websites about this in a effort to destroy the reputation of the store.

By the way, a pack of plastic bags costs about 50 b.  

How terrible!
Complain to the manager, call the police and make a report for assault, sue the owner of the market, make as many posts on websites about this in a effort to destroy the reputation of the store.

By the way, a pack of plastic bags costs about 50 b.  

Yes and how much does it cost in lost customer goodwill and custom?

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

I left the Pattaya area a year ago, but up until that time, Friendship was my No. 1 supermarket for years. It was never because of the service in any part of the store. I liked what I could buy there. At first, I put a lot of effort in being friendly and smiling when dealing with staff. Then I just gave up and ignored them as much as they ignored me. The staff were up unresponsive, unhelpful, and sometimes even rude. Friendship was an ironically named supermarket.

18 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I left the Pattaya area a year ago, but up until that time, Friendship was my No. 1 supermarket for years. It was never because of the service in any part of the store. I liked what I could buy there. At first, I put a lot of effort in being friendly and smiling when dealing with staff. Then I just gave up and ignored them as much as they ignored me. The staff were up unresponsive, unhelpful, and sometimes even rude. Friendship was an ironically named supermarket.

You try and stay chipper when faced with an endless chain of baht-fumbling, grey-skinned, chain-smoking, free motorbike parking, coffin dodgers popping in to buy single croissants to take across the street to eat with their coffee at Benjamit and still expecting a bloody smile.