"Net Idol" June wants to help her folks with money so she has become a security guard

webfact

"Net Idol" June wants to help her folks with money so she has become a security guard

screenshot_4993.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A plucky "Net Idol" called June may be the prettiest security guard in Bangkok. But she is not just a pretty face - she is what every parent admires in Thailand - a person who is thoughtful about her folks.

June - real name Wanlada Kanthaphonjaranthorn, 21 - is a third year student studying at Bangkok University when she isn't wowing the internet.

She was featured across social media at the weekend when a twitter user using the name @Danai_DHB shared her picture as a security guard online.

Daily News Online caught up with the starlet who said she had taken a special job at Future Park Rangsit so she could help out her parents.

This was not the first time she has done work of this nature. When she was in the sixth form at school she even worked in a pizza parlor.

She said she likes new experiences and is not shy.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-27

Wowing the internet so much there is no need to explain why she is famous or what she does on the internet. We all know right?

Edit: OK I saw some of the pics on the article link. I guess she is famous for looking rather plain.

Edited by canuckamuck

With the not so high paying job as a security guard she's not gonna help all that much......sounds like she kinda floats from job to job.........at least she hasn't turned to the dark side yet.....but maybe she twerks around the mall in her uniform.

Memo:  to the General

Please review attached news item.  Woman is exploiting pseudo military uniform.  This improperly represents the customs and culture of the Thai people. Collar is unbuttoned,  uniform blouse pockets unbuttoned.  Recommend you personally attend to he correction of the deficiencies, (i.e. button her blouse.)

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not sure now if this is just another publicity stunt or what? of all the jobs

she could have got because of her Net fame, she chose to be a guard?....

Her net fame is due to the posting of her picture as a security guard.

All i can say at least she is having ago at working while at university. I know some close family members ( step daughter wife side) at 20 3rd year university sponges off her mum and never worked a spare part time job yet Pure laziness i call it

Many seem A) to have reading comprehension difficulties. The young lady is a Net Sensation because of the posting of her photo in her guard uniform per the article,

and B), many seem to have entirely missed or ignored the point of the article. Her primary occupation is student. The point is that she has dedicated her limited spare time to an effort to help her folks.Security guard is a fairly easy kind of job to get, and depending, one may even be able to do some studying on the job. Something myself and several friends also did during our university years.
Helping family is the point of the article, and an extremely important facet of Thai culture. IMO the young woman is deserving of praise and encouragement rather than a series of the usual TV slack witted attempts at humour at her expense. But hey, that's just me. :sad:

I have to say that the author, as is not unusual here, muddied the water a bit by not making it really clear that her fame is due to her photo. 
One principle of journalism is tell folks what you are going to report, then tell them , then recap.

Edited by Bill Miller
Clarification

Shouldn't the headline read Student Takes Part-time Job?

I wonder how much training she has received, so that if a fire breaks out or the ceiling collapses or someone jumps or falls from an upper floor etc (all of which are not unknown in Thai malls) she knows what to do. Actually I don't wonder because I can guess.

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Many seem A) to have reading comprehension difficulties. The young lady is a Net Sensation because of the posting of her photo in her guard uniform per the article,

and B), many seem to have entirely missed or ignored the point of the article. Her primary occupation is student. The point is that she has As dedicated her limited spare time to an effort to help her folks.Security guard is a fairly easy kind of job to get, and depending, one may even be able to do some studying on the job. Something myself and several friends also did during our university years.
Helping family is the point of the article, and an extremely important facet of Thai culture. IMO the young woman is deserving of praise and encouragement rather than a series of the usual TV slack witted attempts at humour at her expense. But hey, that's just me. :sad:

I have to say that the author, as is not unusual here, muddied the water a bit by not making it really clear that her fame is due to her photo. 
One principle of journalism is tell folks what you are going to report, then tell them , then recap.

The same principle applies in adult education....tell 'em what you are going to tell 'em, then tell 'em, then tell 'em what you told 'em.

Mind you we are talking with reference to adults....not TV posters.......

I did paper rounds early mornings and also worked at various other jobs in the evenings while still at school to help my poor parents, following which I was employed or self-employed for the next 45 years in order to support my own wife and kids.

Having read this article, I feel really upset and let down, as nobody has ever posted a pic of me at work on social media, although to be honest, I have just looked in the mirror and can now understand why.   :sleep:

However, women constantly complain about the inequality of the sexes, but nearly always ignore the fact that women (particularly attractive) enjoy many advantages over men by using their (often enhanced) charms to obtain jobs in modelling, the fashion industry, in films etc and in many jobs involving interaction with the public, as in hotel receptionists, banks, and hospitals for example.

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Shouldn't the headline read Student Takes Part-time Job?

I wonder how much training she has received, so that if a fire breaks out or the ceiling collapses or someone jumps or falls from an upper floor etc (all of which are not unknown in Thai malls) she knows what to do. Actually I don't wonder because I can guess.

As a Pinkerton Guard the training was quite minimal. Other positions, e.g. armed patrol, had much more and stringent training.
The manual stated that our purpose was "...to provide the presence of security".
If anything happened we were to call for police, fire department, etc., and not try to handle things ourselves, unless it was something a fire extinguisher could deal with, for instance.
Oh, yeah. We were instructed in morning traffic directing, complete with whistle usage. :smile:
I am sure she will be fine. 

• 4 months later...